Bleeding shins on deadlift...anybody else have this problem?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    hmm idk i was told my forms pretty good but i keep them from scraping against my legs but do drag it up my shins and quads

shave ur legs that should help
    or.... buy high socks.... much less of a hassle....
    SFW and GFH

2. Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    hmm idk i was told my forms pretty good but i keep them from scraping against my legs but do drag it up my shins and quads

shave ur legs that should help
    i'd rather not shave my legs.

i'm proud of my natural pelt.

i'll deal with the scrapes i don't really give a cr*P:dl:
    •   

3. wow...didnt think my thread was still alive...

well, hightop socks chalked on the shins helps plenty, i'll still get some blood here and there, but very minor

i dont want to sound like a [email protected], but my form is decent i'll say...i've always loved & respected the exercise enough to take whatever steps necessary to improve but never underestimate the toll bad form can take on ur body

just hit 505 for 1 rep recently, proud of that...and no bleeding

i guess i came off as a puss, but i've been sucking it up for years...i just felt it was time to see how other people deal with it...just seems i have these very minor scabs on my shins that never fully recover, and the slightest brush of the bar with a decent amount of weight takes em right off, and those little fckers bleed a suprising amount

4. Quote Originally Posted by 17amethyl View Post
    wow...didnt think my thread was still alive...

well, hightop socks chalked on the shins helps plenty, i'll still get some blood here and there, but very minor

i dont want to sound like a [email protected], but my form is decent i'll say...i've always loved & respected the exercise enough to take whatever steps necessary to improve but never underestimate the toll bad form can take on ur body

just hit 505 for 1 rep recently, proud of that...and no bleeding

i guess i came off as a puss, but i've been sucking it up for years...i just felt it was time to see how other people deal with it...just seems i have these very minor scabs on my shins that never fully recover, and the slightest brush of the bar with a decent amount of weight takes em right off, and those little fckers bleed a suprising amount

haha dude i'm not sure but i've always been taught to drag the weights all the up against your legs for proper form.

i think if you're bleedin ur doing it right.

takes a tough mother to stand there and keep pullin with blood rolling down your shins, your muscles screamin at ya to quit, sweat pourin down makin it hard to hold onto the bar...

but that's what makes us body builders. it's what seperates us from the pansy asses who're in there staring at themselves inthe mirror doing curls 6 days a week dreamin of all the tang they'll get at the beach. screw them. i

5. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    haha dude i'm not sure but i've always been taught to drag the weights all the up against your legs for proper form.

i think if you're bleedin ur doing it right.

takes a tough mother to stand there and keep pullin with blood rolling down your shins, your muscles screamin at ya to quit, sweat pourin down makin it hard to hold onto the bar...

but that's what makes us body builders. it's what seperates us from the pansy asses who're in there staring at themselves inthe mirror doing curls 6 days a week dreamin of all the tang they'll get at the beach. screw them. i
    amen & rep to that...couldn't describe that better
    •   

6. bleedin= sooper bad assness
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

7. Regardless of the scrapes, try sumos for a month or so. Its a different exercise all together. And its not as hard on your spine. I switch up every six weeks or so and gain progressively on both forms.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brutus977 View Post
    Regardless of the scrapes, try sumos for a month or so. Its a different exercise all together. And its not as hard on your spine. I switch up every six weeks or so and gain progressively on both forms.
    i like sumo, i feel like it hits my inner leg muscles more than anything.

i'm actually going to do sumo next workout...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 04:18 PM
  2. Chest popping: Anyone else have this problem?
    By RenegadeRows in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 07:10 AM
  3. Anyone else have this problem?
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum Pics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 06:07 PM
  4. Does anyone else have this problem?
    By Distilled Water in forum Bulking
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 07:01 PM
  5. Anyone else having this problem with the site?
    By natedogg in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 01:53 PM