Thoughts on HST? - AnabolicMinds.com

Thoughts on HST?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.

Thoughts on HST?

Just wondering what you guys feel about HST training i have been reading a lot about it and sounds interested but i am wondering if anyone else has tried it and how they liked it?

Right now i am just doing standard 1-2 body parts a day 5 days a week and destroy each muscle group.

It works, but do you think HST would be better?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I train with HST because it's fun. You pick your absolute favorite exercises and stick to those.

The whole concept of HST is because it uses hypertrophy science for support. Whereas, just about every other routine uses strength science to support the concepts.

In my experience, I plateau after running HST a few times, just like with any other novelty training program. But it's fun, and keeps my joints healthy so it's a routine that I still use.

Post up some ideas that you have for your routine and I'll help you out. The hardest part is deciding on reasonable volume. Then you just lay out your plan for the next 6-8 weeks and stick to it.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    I train with HST because it's fun. You pick your absolute favorite exercises and stick to those.

The whole concept of HST is because it uses hypertrophy science for support. Whereas, just about every other routine uses strength science to support the concepts.

In my experience, I plateau after running HST a few times, just like with any other novelty training program. But it's fun, and keeps my joints healthy so it's a routine that I still use.

Post up some ideas that you have for your routine and I'll help you out. The hardest part is deciding on reasonable volume. Then you just lay out your plan for the next 6-8 weeks and stick to it.
    Well right now my split looks something like this it's a 6x6 routine, except for with abs.

Monday: Chest & Abs

Flat Bench

Incline Dumbell

Dumbell Flys

Abs 3x10/15
    Hanging Leg Raises

Weighter Crunch

Tuesday: Legs & Calves

Smith Machine Squat:

Leg Press:

Romainian Deadlift:

Calves:

45 degree calf raise (on leg press machine)

Hack squat machine calf raises real heavy.

Wednesday: Back & Abs

Bent-Over Row

Reverse Grip Pull Down:

Wide Grip- Seated Row:

Abs

Reverse Grip Crunch

Cable Crunch:

Thursday: Shoudlers & Traps

Barbell Overhead Press(smith machine)

Dum Overhead Press:

Dum Lat Raise:

Bar Shrug:

Dumbell Shrug:

Friday: Bi's and Tri's
    Lying tri ext:

Tri Dips:

Ez Bar Curl:

Preacher Curl Standing:

Abs

Hanging Leg Raises:

Standing Cable Crunch:
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Ok, well I was thinking more along the lines of me being able to help you with an an HST routine. There's nothing wrong with your routine. But it has nothing to do with any HST concepts.

Did you read the HST FAQ? Or did you just hear about it and want opinions? It's possible that I misunderstood your first post.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Ok, well I was thinking more along the lines of me being able to help you with an an HST routine. There's nothing wrong with your routine. But it has nothing to do with any HST concepts.

Did you read the HST FAQ? Or did you just hear about it and want opinions? It's possible that I misunderstood your first post.
    I know my current routine is not HST based, i am still trying to decide if i should switch to it, i am wondering if you think it would be a more effective plan then what i am currently doing.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Well I'm not an HST salesman LOL But, i do enjoy training with those principles.

I'd say that the best way to decide is to evaluate your gains in your current routine. If you feel that you've reached a plateau, then it would be in your best interest to read through the HST FAQ. It's about 100 page pdf that you can find through a quick google search or find the link on the HST website.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.

Ya i read about it i understand how to set up a plan and what not, but ya i guess no one can tell me the answer i have to figure it out for myself, no ones alike, but i do know what i am doing is working, i am makeing some solid weight and strength gains, so i guess it's all about overload and switching up the plans.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

You sound happy with your gains to this point. If I were in your shoes, I'd keep up what I was doing and just throw in little tweaks here and there to keep it fun.

For me, once I hit a wall, I'll take a week or 2 off. During that off time, I'll write out a diet plan for every day of the week, reread the HST pdf, and set up a routine that I think will be fun. The time off plus the effort I put into preparation really does a good job of re-motivating me for some good workouts.

When you decide to try HST, it'll feel too easy for the first 2 or 3 workouts, then BAM! The all day, every day pumps kick in and the scale starts moving.

Similar Forum Threads

1. thoughts on this for PCT
    By lou38 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 04:36 PM
  2. Some Thoughts
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 03:44 PM
  3. Your thoughts...
    By surferph34 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6