REALLY sore after bicep workout...not a good sore

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
So I hadn't done bicep workout in a while and am getting back into lifting. Instead of taking it slow I decided to jump back in 110%. Well I lifted biceps on Sunday (a quite intense 25 minute workout). My arms still hurt like crazy today.

It's not a good hurt necessarily, it's really sore inside my elbows (like top or forearm, tendons inside inner elbow, lower bicep close to elbow joint) almost to where I can't straighten my arms.

1. Did I damage something?
2. Should I use heat/cold to help?
3. Will stretching it help or make it worse?
4. Am I an idiot for not taking it slow? ;)

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Try to apply some ice to the effected area. More than likely your muscles and tendons need to be rested. If the pain does not subside or reduced in 24-48 hours I would recommend you see a doctor.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a doctor, but I did the same sh*t. I really thought I tore something, but I rested it for about a week, and started back in slowly. After that, it disappeared. But if it doesn't go away, don't force it, see a MD.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like it could be some inflammation of some muscles, joints and/or tendons mixed with DOMS. As long as there is no sharp pains associated with it, I wouldn't worry about it too much. My guess is that it should continue to get better with time. In the meantime, you can apply cold wraps to the affected area for 20 minutes at a time (20 min on/20 min off). Compression might help as well. It's just going to take some time before it's fully healed up, so don't do anything to aggravate that area while you're healing.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
I think you just overdid it. I find that after not working my arms for a long time, my forearms, elbows, you name it become painful.....especially to extend fully. Just some inflammation and tightness. Give it 3 days rest but make sure you stretch and you will be fine.
No pain no gain...haha

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
i couldnt straighten my arms one time for a full week
i am not kidding
it will go away

NEXT TIME do a proper warm up and always start at 80% and go up week by week