Bone growth, from steroids(under 26). - AnabolicMinds.com

Bone growth, from steroids(under 26).

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

Bone growth, from steroids(under 26).

Any opinions accepted(and wanted).
    If you stop growing bone wise at 26ish. Wouldn't increasing the amount of weight handled(relatively fast) be better suited for the younger athlete to increase bone density/strength, while they still can. Rather than trying to preserve it later on in life. I had one of those late night buzzed epiphanies, so don't hate on my incompleteness. I was thinking of training females and there worries of osteoporosis.

2. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superdoad View Post
    Any opinions accepted(and wanted).
    If you stop growing bone wise at 26ish. Wouldn't increasing the amount of weight handled(relatively fast) be better suited for the younger athlete to increase bone density/strength, while they still can. Rather than trying to preserve it later on in life. I had one of those late night buzzed epiphanies, so don't hate on my incompleteness. I was thinking of training females and there worries of osteoporosis.
    Epiphyseal plates are ossified before 26. Yes, weight training exercises increases bone density at any age. The density is dependent on many variables, like: ionic calcium blood levels which relates to parathyroid hormone and calcitonin, age, weight. I'm sure there are others as well.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

Thanks for the response. I looked into it a bit and most charts show a steep rise up until around 25 years old then a gradual decrease in bone density.

I did not mean will my bones get longer, just stronger. A prevention for osteoporosis.

I don't think you can increase the density after a certain point in your life just slow the degradation.
    •   

4. Advanced Member

Bone density does decrease after a certain age; however, with weight training you can increase bone density so that bones are not as weak. This is one of the reasons why older men lift weights.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

That good, I'm 23 and I just was taught that after 26 it decreases(got me a little worried). I think the chart I had seen was an average of a study group or similar, that would explain the decline anyway.

Similar Forum Threads

1. IGF-1 and bone growth/formation
    By utk1976 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 10:00 PM
  2. Steroids=bone growth ?
    By Flay in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 01:44 PM
  3. Question About Steroids Stunting Growth?
    By XDriftKingsX in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 10:30 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 11:32 PM
  5. winny and bone growth
    By polski_69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 06:32 PM