Advanced Fitness Manta Ray

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Advanced Fitness Manta Ray

Any one have any comments on the Advanced Fitness Manta ray? I am lookin to get one.

2. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Answers

i have one and enjoy using it. watched a few videos from elitefitness.com that shows how they use the manta ray for there powerlifting training. At first i thought it was just to make it more comfortable for the bar to sit on the back during squats but i;ve learned it actually does ore then that.

See if i could find some info on there page, i got there Squat Index DVD and it explained the use for the manta ray really well.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

We had one of these when I was playing HS football, no one really used it, if they were having pain from the bar they would wrap a towel around the bar before using this device. Just my $.02.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    Any one have any comments on the Advanced Fitness Manta ray? I am lookin to get one.
    jesus dude, is there a piece of equipment you don't either own or look at getting????
  5. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Answers

c'mon, the manta ray is like 30 bucks +/- and its not just use to take pressure of your back. Manta Ray Box Squats are used alot for Max Effort work and for those people who do not have a safety squat bar or a cambered bar it is a useful and inexpensive tool.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

I do have money to spend. I work in a Doctors office remember. Time and time again I keep posting in different threads my job. I work hard for my money.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Answers

The manta ray is actually one of the more sensible things you have posted about, i say go for it. It will artificially change the length of your torso therefore changing your leverages when squatting. One of the secondary exercises that my group uses is Manta Ray squats to a hassock, they are brutal.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  8. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

I work hard for my money.

[nomedia="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd4PeXrGKEs"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I've used it and liked it pretty well. Helps me to keep a little better posture/form when squatting although the first few uses might be painful since it puts more pressure on the traps. Made me pretty sore when i went heavy, but I'd rather have muscular soreness than spinal soreness.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

I have one and have used it for many years. I highly recommend it.

Ltyson
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  285 lbs.
    Answers

I have the Manta Ray and the Sting Ray.

First off the Sting ray is ok if you like doing front squats. However, it honestly doesn't work as good as just setting the bar on your shoulders. What it does do that I didn't like is puts the weight more in front of the body which caused me to have to lean forward too much. Thus, putting too much strain on the lumbar.

The Manta Ray does take some pressure of the weight on the bar off the traps. If you like doing high bar squats this device spreads the weight out over a larger area and helps reduce some of the pain from not being use to squatting with a bar. However, it feels very unstable the more weight you put on the bar.

Conclusion, for the money, I think you are better off just getting use to using a bar. Mine have been used once or twice and now take up space in the garage.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    \ It will artificially change the length of your torso therefore changing your leverages when squatting. One of the secondary exercises that my group uses is Manta Ray squats to a hassock, they are brutal.

how does it artificially change the length of your torso?

so you mean since you can put it higher up yoy can stand higher?

I need a Mantra ray for front squats. might have to get one soon. I swear when i come into the gym i have so much stuff in my bag. sometimes I have to bring my calve block in and everything. The more weight you move the more safety stuff and gadgets are required to be more effective.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  13. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    how does it artificially change the length of your torso?
    due to where the manta ray sits (high on the traps), the distance from your hips to the bar greater. It will overload the the muscles of the upper and lower back as well as placing greater pressure on the quads.

the sting ray is for front squats and i have never used it so i cant help with that
    Last edited by wrkn4bigrmusles; 01-04-2009 at 12:35 AM. Reason: added info
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. advanced pct
    By xxjoker122 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 06:58 PM
  2. Fitness Atlantic April 17th - Advanced Muscle Science
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 11:36 AM
  3. Replies: 1