Bulk, Cut, or Maintain? (Pics included)

someguy1984

Awards
I just made another thread asking how long it will take for me to get abs. I guessed 2 months, losing about 10-12lbs. Someone else said a solid month with cardio.

Here is my question, because i want a view from a majority.

Lets keep in mind I'm going to the navy in April, so i will need to be in running shape/push ups, etc. Currently, i'm good on this, but everyone can improve.

I lift 4 days a week and do cardio 2 times a week. One day of my cardio is on an OFF day and sometimes the other is after a workout day. (Depends on my schedule)

Monday - Chest/Back
Tuesday - Legs/Biceps. Including squats and deadlifts.
Wednesday - Shoulders/Lats. Sometimes i do HIIT this day
Thursday - OFF. (Sometimes HIIT)
Friday - Squats, Deads, Triceps.
Saturday - OFF Sometimes HIIT
Sunday - OFF

My job is very easy and not too labor intense. So, my exercise strictly comes from the gym.

What do you think, bulk, cut, or eat around maintenance and see what happens? My ultimate goal is for abs, because i've always wanted them. People have said that i won't like my physique if i lose weight...I don't see why. Here are some pics and you guys can judge.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26/Camaro0wner/lll.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26/Camaro0wner/aaa-1.jpg

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
i thought you just created a post about getting a six pack? if thats still your objective then do a cut, but you'll be better served with a bulk cycle.

someguy1984

Awards
i thought you just created a post about getting a six pack? if thats still your objective then do a cut, but you'll be better served with a bulk cycle.
I was, but people kept telling me to bulk and bulk...This started getting into my head, although i really want abs...It sucks...

I'm just worried that if i gain weight, my pushups may decline. I just have the Navy in mind. I need to be able to maintain at least 64 pushups in 2 minutes. I can do 74 in one minute right now, but i'm tired after that.

So, is their a way i can advance my push ups, get abs and possible gain muscle weight?

I'm guessing this is a no. Because with my lifting (squating, bench, etc) I would like to get some definition, but at the same time i would like low b/f...Then, at the same time wouldn't it maybe be disgusting if i weighed 138lbs? I don't know...My main focus is to increase my pushups and sit ups....Should i eat a little over maintenance for this, or no?

I don't leave until june, but i don't think that is enough time to bulk and cut...

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I was, but people kept telling me to bulk and bulk...This started getting into my head, although i really want abs...It sucks...

I'm just worried that if i gain weight, my pushups may decline. I just have the Navy in mind. I need to be able to maintain at least 64 pushups in 2 minutes. I can do 74 in one minute right now, but i'm tired after that.

So, is their a way i can advance my push ups, get abs and possible gain muscle weight?

I'm guessing this is a no. Because with my lifting (squating, bench, etc) I would like to get some definition, but at the same time i would like low b/f...Then, at the same time wouldn't it maybe be disgusting if i weighed 138lbs? I don't know...My main focus is to increase my pushups and sit ups....Should i eat a little over maintenance for this, or no?

I don't leave until june, but i don't think that is enough time to bulk and cut...

You may just want to maintain for now. Do a lot of bodyweight exercises since thats what you do for PT in the military. Once you're in and stuck on a ship, then focus on bulking or cutting.

someguy1984

Awards
You may just want to maintain for now. Do a lot of bodyweight exercises since thats what you do for PT in the military. Once you're in and stuck on a ship, then focus on bulking or cutting.
Well, i want to weight lift though...This doesn't mean i can't do that, correct? I actually made a routine today. I figure i can do this 3 days a week and on my OFF days i can do sit ups and push ups. Maybe only 3 sets of each to keep up with them. I will also include abs on these days.

Here is the routine.

Monday:
Squats
Bench Press
Pullups
Tricep Dip

Wednesday:
Deadlifts
Incline db Bench
BB Rows
Calf work

Friday:
Squats
Mil Press
Chins/rowing movement
curls

3x8-4x6 for compound movements 3x12+ for iso's..

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I would bulk man,...a good clean massive bulk. If your diet is right, training as well as sleep, you wont turn into a chub. I was 192, lean in HS and have gone all the way up to 246 on my last bulk last feb. and I dont think my pushup #'s were ever effected in all those years by my body weight, as i was getting significantly stronger the more weight I gained.

if you care more about abs than anything then cut up, do cardio, clean up the diet, and be cut. Personally I would rather have the mass on me, mass that I dont have to take off my shirt for people to notice. I can have a baggy shirt on and my friends will still say its "too tight." LOL but thats just me, id rather be "bigger."

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
People have said that i won't like my physique if i lose weight...I don't see why. Here are some pics and you guys can judge.
Because you have very little muscle mass and some fat around your mid-section. By the time you get a six-pack, you'll look like you've been in a POW camp. Bulk hard for the next four months until your induction. The navy training will lean you out.