clap pushups

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i saw these guys doing them today... i was thinking they mite more hurt than good.. great for ur delts but kill ur joints..

what do u think?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Just about any form of plyometrics gets a thumbs up in my book. I use them in some conditioning workouts, and they can be very taxing. Good stuff. As for the joints... there's nothing to really get worked up over unless you have a shoulder/upper body injury.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i saw these guys doing them today... i was thinking they mite more hurt than good.. great for ur delts but kill ur joints..

what do u think?

Nah bro its all good. You just got to be careful. Just do them on a slightly soft surtface. Too soft and the reactive stretch response is defeated.......too hard and you are right ithurts the joints. Medium coushin and its just right. You can also do drop push ups off boxes 4-5 inches high and then back up to the box. Like box jumps for increasing vertical leap. Good stuff. Dont do them as frequently and as much volume as your normal weight training though.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I did them back in high school and my first college run...really pumped the arms and delts...I can't do them now though because it puts to much stress on my wrist (getting older is a b!tch).

Just onr thing, if you're doing them, make sure your hands land even. If the land wrong, it could mean torn ligaments or severe wrist problems in your older years....

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
love them. i don't see anything wrong with them besides the fact that they wear the **** out of you. when i do my push-ups i vary them like the first 20 are normal then the next 20 are clap. couple sets and you will feel the burn....

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Resistance training with heavy weights is going to cause much more wear on your joints than any plyometric exercise, if done properly.