Exercise Physiology Question

bigpunisher

Awards
Need help with a question for class. What are the two electron transporters in the Electron Transport chain?

bigpunisher

Awards
thanks but i already did that and read the book the problem is i dont understand it

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NAD+/NADH and FAD/FADH2 are called Electron carriers... Is that the same as the transport? I really have no idea.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
My book explains it very well.. however, I have to go to work. I could post it later if you still don't understand it.

bigpunisher

Awards
its not NADH or FADH already asked the teacher i thought the same thing. That would be great if you could post it later russ

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
That seems pretty weird your teach said no: Nad IS infact what transports the H+ from extracellular to intracellular..
Could the teach be asking for what "processes" transport it? Such as the krebbs cycle aka citric cycle?
If not the only other thing I can think of (which is fairly in depth and probably NOT the answer) would be Coenzyme Q and Cytochrome C..
Quoted from http://www.genomeknowledge.org/cgi-bin/eventbrowser?DB=gk_current&ID=163200&ZOOM=2 = "...two electron shuttle molecules; Coenzyme Q (also known as ubiquinone, CoQ) and Cytochrome c (Cytc). These two molecules shuttle electrons between the large complexes in the chain."
Hope this helps D:

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
I'll post it tonight. Sorry for the delay.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
That seems pretty weird your teach said no: Nad IS infact what transports the H+ from extracellular to intracellular..
Could the teach be asking for what "processes" transport it? Such as the krebbs cycle aka citric cycle?
If not the only other thing I can think of (which is fairly in depth and probably NOT the answer) would be Coenzyme Q and Cytochrome C..
Quoted from http://www.genomeknowledge.org/cgi-bin/eventbrowser?DB=gk_current&ID=163200&ZOOM=2 = "...two electron shuttle molecules; Coenzyme Q (also known as ubiquinone, CoQ) and Cytochrome c (Cytc). These two molecules shuttle electrons between the large complexes in the chain."
Hope this helps D:
^^^
All of this plus much more should be in the pdf i sent you?

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
do you still need me to post or did the pdf answer your question?

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
thanks but i already did that and read the book the problem is i dont understand it
Keep reading... Draw it out on a piece of paper if you have to. I've taken multiple anatomy, physiology, chemistry, and biology classes. When it doubt, draw it out. Makes it a lot easier to understand. Go over each step one at a time until you've got it down.

For the record, for all intents and purposes, as far as classes are concerned anyway, as long as you know it well enough to do well on a test, you'll be fine.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
If I had to guess, I'd say, ...oooooh, ...maybe..., ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q) and cytochrome c.