sauna / steam post workout???

  1. sauna / steam post workout???


    did'nt know exactly where to put this but, what's your feel as to suana / steam post workout?? I've heard both sides to this, good and bad. The steam really seems to help in recovery, but i've heard that gains can be reduced from the water being pulled out of the muscle. any thoughts??????
    thanks


  2. All the steam room does is make you sweat. I really don't know why anyone would ever go in one.
    •   
       


  3. it feels good right before bed...sleep like a baby

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jman901 View Post
    did'nt know exactly where to put this but, what's your feel as to suana / steam post workout?? I've heard both sides to this, good and bad. The steam really seems to help in recovery, but i've heard that gains can be reduced from the water being pulled out of the muscle. any thoughts??????
    thanks
    absolute BS. by pulling water out of your muscles and bloodstream, you have a higher concentration of T levels. combine that post-workout with the T released from a heavy squat/dead day, and your muscles have become saturated with T, which makes it easier for the T to bind to a receptor.

    this is not a recommendation for dehydration, simply 15 minutes in the sauna is beneficial to a small degree. for recovery, the steam room does me wonders. the humidity helps pull blood and nutrients into my muscles, and recovery is much quicker - at least for me.

    as far as gains being reduced from a sauna, that is generally spoken by people who forget that they need to replace the excess lost water by drinking more. hydration out of the sauna is a severely overlooked aspect for some.

  5. its a great way to relax your muscles after your workout and helps with recovery... i wish i did it more often, but remember to consume lots of water before and after.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    its a great way to relax your muscles after your workout and helps with recovery... i wish i did it more often, but remember to consume lots of water before and after.
    after for me. like a liter right after walking out.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    absolute BS. by pulling water out of your muscles and bloodstream, you have a higher concentration of T levels. combine that post-workout with the T released from a heavy squat/dead day, and your muscles have become saturated with T, which makes it easier for the T to bind to a receptor.

    this is not a recommendation for dehydration, simply 15 minutes in the sauna is beneficial to a small degree. for recovery, the steam room does me wonders. the humidity helps pull blood and nutrients into my muscles, and recovery is much quicker - at least for me.

    as far as gains being reduced from a sauna, that is generally spoken by people who forget that they need to replace the excess lost water by drinking more. hydration out of the sauna is a severely overlooked aspect for some.

    Hmm...I might have to try that. I've tried a sauna before but never post workout.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:21 AM
  2. Pre/During/Post Workout Nutrition
    By Nelson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 02:40 AM
  3. even post workout nutrition
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 11:18 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Log in
Log in