Lean + Ripped

steinmass83

steinmass83

Banned
Awards
Trying to get lean and ripped. I have been doing the attached workout for about 6-8 months now. However, I always skip my leg workouts and focus on upper body only. Now when I actually do try legs, I find it very difficult and painful. Suggestions?

Also, is my workout log good for getting ripped / lean / cut?

Attachments

steinmass83

steinmass83

Banned
Awards
Pain in the patella. I have been diagnosed with runner's knee or whatever its called. I sometimes feel as though my legs are just going to give out

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
that's unfortunate. it is much harder to get lean and ripped without working legs.

steinmass83

steinmass83

Banned
Awards
They work just fine its just very painful -- I just bought some knee braces that are supposed to take pressure away from that area. We will have to see how that works out.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
can you do lighter weight high rep (20 rep +) type work?

steinmass83

steinmass83

Banned
Awards
Yes, I can. Is that the best way to go for now?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
that's what i'd do if i were you.
20 rep sets are painful and will make you want to puke.......but the hormone release and calorie expenditure is well worth it!

steinmass83

steinmass83

Banned
Awards
Then that's what I will do. As far as dieting goes, any suggestions for calorie intake / carb intake / protein / etc to get ripped?

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
You could try a low carb/CKD diet, they're great for cutting BF and retaining muscle.

avenue Red

Awards
i second CKD. you will get ripped faster then ever before.

steinmass83

steinmass83

Banned
Awards
CKD? I looked into it -- basically avoid a lot of salty foods ?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
CKD? I looked into it -- basically avoid a lot of salty foods ?
No, seriously, look into it. Stop saying you looked into it when you didn't. It's painfully obvious that you didn't look into it.

Good luck.

steinmass83

steinmass83

Banned
Awards
It can be somewhat difficult to look up an acronym that stands for "chronic kidney disease" but I'll continue using google and try to find out other meanings for the acronym.

I seemed to have found the The Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: True Fat Loss. There we go. Much better. The sodium thing was for a kindey thing. I was very confused myself when I found that.

I found a good article on it. I am going to work right now so I can't read it at the moment but will def. check it out. Thanks man -- That looks like some good ****!

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
It can be somewhat difficult to look up an acronym that stands for "chronic kidney disease" but I'll continue using google and try to find out other meanings for the acronym.

I seemed to have found the The Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: True Fat Loss. There we go. Much better. The sodium thing was for a kindey thing. I was very confused myself when I found that.

I found a good article on it. I am going to work right now so I can't read it at the moment but will def. check it out. Thanks man -- That looks like some good ****!
Glad you found the CKD (diet). Study up and no cheating ;)

steinmass83

steinmass83

Banned
Awards
Of course! I would only be cheating myself out of something beneficial.