- 11-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could help me out with a question i was given in a Uni class.
Muscle co-contraction provides stability to joints and balance to our posture. When would muscle co-contraction/co-activation (the simultaneous activation of both the agonist and antagonist muscle) be considered undesirable or unwanted?
Do you guys think that muscle co-activation would reduce the strength that could be produced by the agonist muscle?
- 11-23-2008, 10:54 PM
I believe an antagonist is relaxed while an agonist is contracted
- 11-23-2008, 11:16 PM
thats my thought.
11-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Jake Fires in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 8Last Post: 01-29-2010, 04:08 PM
- By thedarkest1 in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 09-29-2008, 06:26 AM
- By 0o0o0o in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 07-20-2008, 01:42 PM
- By propho in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 10Last Post: 07-31-2007, 07:38 AM
- By bigsquid in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 5Last Post: 07-28-2004, 11:54 AM