- 11-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could help me out with a question i was given in a Uni class.
Muscle co-contraction provides stability to joints and balance to our posture. When would muscle co-contraction/co-activation (the simultaneous activation of both the agonist and antagonist muscle) be considered undesirable or unwanted?
Do you guys think that muscle co-activation would reduce the strength that could be produced by the agonist muscle?
- 11-23-2008, 11:54 PM
11-24-2008, 12:16 AM
thats my thought.
11-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By quadfamily in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 04-13-2012, 09:52 PM
- By totalpackage in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-28-2010, 12:52 AM
- By Sanosuke in forum SupplementsReplies: 25Last Post: 04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
- By hamper19 in forum General ChatReplies: 22Last Post: 06-11-2005, 11:11 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 12-12-2002, 11:42 AM