- 11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I figured this section might be the best for an injury type question...
My brother was in an MMA tournament today and suffered a shoulder/clavicle injury...
The guy had him in some sort of improvised shoulder lock, I couldn't properly see what happened. But anyways my brother described it as he felt things moving around in his shoulder and then heard popping followed by intense pain. he then tapped.
imminently iced it and went to the hospital. He said the pain was immense. They IV'ed him up and all that stuff gave him dilotin...turns out nothing was broken. There is swelling right on his clavical (collar bone) abot in the middle (between where it appears to end at your center chest and top of shoulder area) ... I'm guessing it's tendon damage? not sure figured maybe someone else would have a better guess and i'm curious as to recovery time...he's entire arm/shoulder is currently completely immobilized, they gave him Vicodens and IB profens.
to summarize. a lot of pain in the shoulder region near the collar bone, nothing is broken, some swelling along collar bone, also tenderness and pain along the side of the neck (on the side of the injury)...We're gonna take him to get an MRI this week, just wanted to try and get some opinions...
Similar Forum Threads
- By wantmoresize in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 05-22-2015, 08:49 AM
- By rogan in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 0Last Post: 06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
- By sharperunner in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 02-16-2010, 07:25 AM
- By Jag in forum Training ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 10-09-2004, 06:00 PM
- By WATERLOGGED in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2004, 08:11 PM