help about workout - AnabolicMinds.com

help about workout

1. New Member

help about workout

I wanted to know if anyone had any advise for someone who has tried everything to gain weight. I know I'm only 18 but I've always been skinny and for that reason I was and and still am self-concious of my body. Everthing I try from supplements of every kind such as creatine weight gainers etc.. and comprehensive workouts, nothing seems to work for me. I just want some type of workout that has results and that is easy to follow. Right now I weigh 155lbs. and I am 5'10". My goal is to at least weigh 185lbs of pure muscle. This all soun fictisious but I beleive it's attainable with the right workout. So can anyone help out a man in need of confidence whos goal is to gain some pure muscle to have a better physique. thanks.

2. New Member

It does not matter what kind of a workout you do if you don`t eat enough your not going to grow. So my advise to you is to eat 6 clean meals a day and if your not hungry force yourself to eat.
  3. New Member

Can you give me some type of plan that I can follow with a workout. I'm working on eating about every two hours, but i just don't know what type of workout plan to follow to get quick gains or at least a burn from a workout. I go to the gym and tried many workout plans but I never got a burn from any of the workouts or results.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

What's your diet like ? How much protein do you take ?

If you have no answers to these questions than you may want to do some searches to help you plan out a good bulking diet.

Also, get plenty of sleep and water.
  5. Senior Member

the two main mistakes one makes when trying to gain mass is overtraining and not eating enough. Take care of those two factors and you will grow. Eat well... spliting your meals evenly throughout the day, with sufficient amount of protein in each meal. (really varies according to your body weight...25-40 grams a meal, for 5-6 meals a day is pretty solid)
    quality complex carbs should be a big part of your diet, especially throughout the early part of the day and around your workout. Oatmeal, brown rice, yams, vegetable, whole wheat bread just some options. Post workout nutrition should be key. 35-40 grams of protein (all whey or mostly whey), with high GI carb source such as dextrose or maltodextrin. Although if your preworkout nutrition is taken care of, the debate about low to high GI post workout carb has been discussed. Many use oatmeal (grinded) as their source. for your size and goals, 50-60grams sounds about right. i tend to take a lower dosage of carbs though....just me. 18 years of age.... creatine a good option for you. but again, supplements are just that...supplements. Get your diet and training down....and no question you will reach your desired goals.

Sage
  6. Board Supporter

i would suggest hiring someone like ironaddict bro . if not , try something like hypertrophy specific training , check out thinkmuscle.com for more info on it , follow the basic diet guidelines , no matter what u say , NO ONE can be without gaining weight if they are consistently eating and resting right . period ! just take that to mind , stimulate the growth and eat and rest bro , really , motivate urself , let us know more specific details u might need help on and we'll be glad to help .
  7. Professional Member

Originally posted by raybravo
    i would suggest hiring someone like ironaddict bro . if not , try something like hypertrophy specific training , check out thinkmuscle.com for more info on it , follow the basic diet guidelines , no matter what u say , NO ONE can be without gaining weight if they are consistently eating and resting right . period ! just take that to mind , stimulate the growth and eat and rest bro , really , motivate urself , let us know more specific details u might need help on and we'll be glad to help .

I know it can be hard but eating is where you are goin to need to wrok. I ahve always had trouble eating enough. However, once I started to eat more I gained wieght.

As usual, Raybravo give great advice. follow it.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Eating is key.... if you are a "skinny guy" then you will have a hell of a time putting on fat even if you eat junk.... You need to be getting 300g of protien a day and at least 3-4000 calories total. Lift heavy with PROPER FORM, focus on your core lifts (bench, squat, deadlift) and allow proper time to recover. To get lotsa protien in per day look up the recipie for wardog's protien squares.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with workout split
    By jon1026 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 10:49 PM
  2. Need Some Help About A Product....
    By roundabout in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 06:58 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 03:11 PM