Reps and Sets
- 11-07-2008, 09:32 AM
- 11-07-2008, 11:03 AM
- 5'7" 172 lbs.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
I was doing 4 sets x 6-8 reps for years.... About 6 months ago I started doing 3 sets x 12 reps and have put on some good mass... I also was doing one muscle group 4 days a week... Now I do a full upper body 3 days a week and Legs one day a week.... I found a huge difference.
- 11-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Do you do supersets or do a muscle on back to back exercises? Im just trying to vary my work out some to see if i get better results with something different.
11-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Personally and individually, I'm a large advocate of super/drop sets. I also respond to higher volume (sets x reps x time under tension). And because volume is a component to hypertrophy, I feel FB routines do not apply this.
If you're looking to change your routine, consider the following:
1) using different exercises, different order of execution, etc.
2) sets and reps to stimulate different forms of hypertophy (satellite/contractile proteins or myofibrillment, specially).
3) changing rest periods accompanying #2.
4) frequency, volume, order of muscle groups.
hope this helps. Changing a routine isn't very hard, it's finding one that works.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Pipes in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 03-25-2011, 12:28 PM
- By jburgess in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 01-11-2008, 06:35 PM
- By vgenest66 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 5Last Post: 06-11-2006, 08:13 PM
- By Gray Fox in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 02-21-2003, 11:39 AM
- By deaconbill in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 9Last Post: 12-11-2002, 07:42 PM