- 11-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I am looking for a nice dipping belt that has plenty of space for atleast 2 45 lb plates and is comfortable to wear. Theres a lot of crappy looking ones on the internet. Anyone have a model they'd like to recommend? Id probably lean towards a synthetic fabric one rather than leather as it would probably last longer but any advice would be great.
- 11-10-2008, 07:39 PM
The one I use at my gym seems like a basic leather belt with a chain on it. It gets the job done. I'd say any product from a reputable brand would be okay.
A funny story about dipping belts... I was doing dips with two 45 plates one time and afterwards a guy complemented me on my insane thigh strength. It didn't take him long to figure out I had a belt on, but it was funny because for a few seconds there, he'd thought I was holding those two plates between my thighs. Haha!
11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Check out the Spud dipping belt on Elitefts, by far the most comfortable one I have used. I have loaded up 5 plates on it before (only for one rep lol) and it wasn't bad at all.
If that is a little too pricey for you, just go to a store like Harbor Freight and get a piece of double looped heavy webbing. I got a 6 foot piece that I just loop around my waist and it is pretty comfortable up to about 4 plates, then it digs a little to much.
Muscle Pharm Rep
Similar Forum Threads
- By LizKing531 in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 11-07-2012, 05:53 PM
- By DerickVonD in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 10-16-2012, 10:53 AM
- By hvactech in forum General ChatReplies: 6Last Post: 03-09-2012, 09:01 PM
- By Gonzo14 in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2010, 09:26 PM
- By bolt10 in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 06-25-2008, 11:13 AM