Who uses a belt when they workout?

Who uses a belt when they workout?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
geronimo542

geronimo542

Awards
Hi I was just curious as to how many people workout with a belt or who does not use a belt and your thoughts and opinions on them thanks for your input

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
I use one for my heavy sets on legs or back if I really need to but if my back is feeling ok then I'll go without one. I don't see the need to use one all the time.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i vote no cause..well i don't and never have. although it has been in the back of my mind recently as i am starting to toil around with heavier weight and getting wiser with age i am worried about injuries and i wanna keep my waist tight!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Belt? :think:

I think the only time I would use a belt would be if I were lifting in competition. If they're even allowed.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I've read before they actually can be detrimental when used all the time, as they weaken your abs. That being said, I'm sure there's a place for it during heavy back and leg days,.. but I've seen people wear them to do curls,... it's comical!!!

IroNwIlL2006

IroNwIlL2006

Awards
I like the feeling of it there, helps me keep my form and maybe takes some pressure off the lower back. I keep it loose and expand my stomach on heavy lifts (ie squats) so im pretty sure my cores getting plenty of work.

geronimo542

geronimo542

Awards
personally I really like a belt a lot but I dont use it that much only on heavy exercises such as squats and deads. I feel like it does make my back feel a little better but at the same time it doesnt really feel like your core is being worked at all so I guess it depends on the person. And yes I have seen people wearing it running thats just hilarious to see :fool2:

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wore on in my high school weight lifting class when we'd max because the coaches demanded it. But I really cant tell a difference with one on or off.