5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Body Problem

i cannot flex my left pec or make a left calf muscle

well i can but not very well,

but my left quad is bigger my left tricep is better and my left lat is better, and my right tricep isnt as cut, but my right arm is bigger (which i know most people have imbalances in their right and left sides.)

and im a righty

can someone help me, or point me in a direction to which some one can.

u name it i tryed it lol

very frustrating

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

what can you do? don't worry about it.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Work your left and right side independently: dumbbells, one legged calf raises, etc.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Work your left and right side independently: dumbbells, one legged calf raises, etc.

even then i do not get the pump, in my left pec. i try and do extra exercises just to get the feeling that its getting stimulated,

with my calf its not that the development isnt there,.. when i flex my right foot i can contract the muscle, i physically cannot do it that way all with my left, however i can point my toe and feel it contract.

my chest makes me self consious i cannot physically look at myself in the mirror, it makes me sick because i work hard, and i feel like it doesnt show
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.5%

I have one trap way bigger than the other, i pre exhaust it before i do barbell shrugs by doing single arm db shrugs, works, but slowly. hard to change genetics.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburned View Post
    I have one trap way bigger than the other, i pre exhaust it before i do barbell shrugs by doing single arm db shrugs, works, but slowly. hard to change genetics.

but the fact that i cannot manually contract the muscle, even when thinking about it is a concern for me,

also genetics has delt me a very very ****ty hand with chest and shoulder development. they just dont grow. DC training, didnt work, traditional training didnt work. bench with elbows going only to 90 degrees and up didnt work, then i retrained my self to go all the way down, that hasnt worked. lower mid pecs do not close, they are seperated by like 3 inches , or thats what it looks like (kinda like matt hughes from UFC)

and i dont feel flys AT ALL, i did them with the cables today, NOTHING.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.65%

It sounds like to me that a lot of this is psychological. Im sure the imbalances are there but you are simply dwelling on them to much. I have numerous imbalances also bigger/stronger left peck and bicep even though I am right handed. Bigger/stronger right tricep and shoulder. It used to bother me a lot too, you just need to stop worrying so much about it. Extra single dumbell work can help some but it won't totally fix the issues. The issues probably lay in the dominant side being stronger, your lifting form, or a possible injury in the past that stunted certain parts strength and size.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Quote Originally Posted by crazilyfter42 View Post
    It sounds like to me that a lot of this is psychological. Im sure the imbalances are there but you are simply dwelling on them to much. I have numerous imbalances also bigger/stronger left peck and bicep even though I am right handed. Bigger/stronger right tricep and shoulder. It used to bother me a lot too, you just need to stop worrying so much about it. Extra single dumbell work can help some but it won't totally fix the issues. The issues probably lay in the dominant side being stronger, your lifting form, or a possible injury in the past that stunted certain parts strength and size.
    but not being able to contract the muscle is annoying, and its something i need to be able to acheive. especially if i want to develop a full decent looking chest
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    but not being able to contract the muscle is annoying, and its something i need to be able to acheive. especially if i want to develop a full decent looking chest
    i think he's saying the lack of contraction is in your head. surely it contracts. continue to work hard. you've come a good way in a short time from what i've seen.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    i think he's saying the lack of contraction is in your head. surely it contracts. continue to work hard. you've come a good way in a short time from what i've seen.

im trying, and my diet is great right now, and i take all my GDAs, i train hard, i feel like its been to long that ive seen anything,

its just very discouraging. yanno my girlfriend and i fight all the time because i ***** about how my chest looks.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.5%

I had a friend who had a stange split in his chest, look at Franco Columbu, he did a bunch of juice and ate cheeseburgers and it just filled out, not saying at all this is what to do, just a silly anecdote I guess.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

I had a friend who had a stange split in his chest, look at Franco Columbu, he did a bunch of juice and ate cheeseburgers and it just filled out, not saying at all this is what to do, just a silly anecdote I guess.

i was thinking the trckle down solution, build a big upper chest and the rest will fill out, but my chest doesnt grow.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.5%

well keep pounding away at the damned thing anyway.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

well keep pounding away at the damned thing anyway.

of course, i hit chest mad hard on monday and im still sore, ill hit it again tomorrow

Similar Forum Threads

1. Blowing my body out of the water with AMS Body Mortar- Review
    By schwellington in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 07:54 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 03:34 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 06:53 PM