Push Day vs. Pull Day

bloodline26

bloodline26

Awards
Your body naturally uses certain muscles when your pulling weight, and vis versa when pushing weight.

Think about it. Bench pressing uses tri's chest, delts, abs. Deadlifts use bi's, lower back, legs, forearms, trapz.

Let this be ur guide as to which muscles to train w/ eachother and which days to do them. Bottom line, the human body has 1000's of years of experience, you've prolly been liftin for just a few or more. Your body knows more than you think.

Just a thought.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't group push/pull days, but I combine groups of muscles that are relating. I do Chest/Shoulders/Tris on the same day and Bis/back on the same day.

I think the quote about 1000's years of experience works here. I've only been lifing a handful of years, but in that time I've noticed what works best. Never had good workouts when I'd do chest one day and shoulders the next. Also would have pathetic Bi workouts after back days.

Been very happy in the last year or two since I've changed it up.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
The PUSH/PULL setup is one that i have been using the last 5 weeks. I have it setup like this....

PUSH (mon) - quads,chest,shoulders, lateral delts,tris, calves
PULL (wed) - hams, back, bis, rear delts, traps, abs.
PUSH (fri) - repeat monday.

I absolutely love this routine. Basically you are hitting the muscles 2x every 8 days. Just make sure you dont do too much and dont go to failure on every set. For instance, i do for quads and chest..

quads :
squats (2x5)
db lunges (2x10)

chest:
db incline (3x8)
db flat (2x5)

etc....

thanks

Your body naturally uses certain muscles when your pulling weight, and vis versa when pushing weight.

Think about it. Bench pressing uses tri's chest, delts, abs. Deadlifts use bi's, lower back, legs, forearms, trapz.

Let this be ur guide as to which muscles to train w/ eachother and which days to do them. Bottom line, the human body has 1000's of years of experience, you've prolly been liftin for just a few or more. Your body knows more than you think.

Just a thought.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
I did a push/pull/legs split for about 10 weeks and really liked it.

Push- Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Pull- Back/Bi

Legs- Calves/Hams/Quads

Towards the end I went pull/push/legs on MWF.