Stretchings effects on lifting?

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Hmm,
to be honest I normally do the standard steching... however, I knwo for a fact I never really strech every muscle I use not to mention some of the support ones.

That is what warm up set are for IMO... would I still do the normal streching of course why take risks but I don't think "everyone" streches all the muscles they use.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
I use static stretching on off days or after cardio. Definitely not preworkout though.

GXbcmFTO

Awards
I use static stretching on off days or after cardio. Definitely not preworkout though.
I always stretch 10 mins into a cardio session after my muscles nice and warm, and then bring the pain with the 400m sprints. However I never stretch pre-lifting, I usually don't do warm-up sets either, I wouldn't suggest it to everyone, but it works for me.

~GX

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
How is using prolonged static stretching before your sprint workout any different then doing it prelifting?

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Avoiding stretching makes you more prone to injury. There are numerous benefits from stretching. You can't read one person's research article and automatically site it as an absolute truth.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Static stretching prior to physical activity is a bad idea. So says the most current exercise literature. Dynamic stretching, however, is the tits.

So, dynamic stretching prior to lifting/sprinting, and static stretching after.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
warm up in the beginning and incorporate dynamic strching when possible, use static stretching when finished lifting