I bring you... Blaster Sets..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use a certain technique that I've shown many friends, who now curse my existance because of it.. :D  It's a simple set/rep scheme I thought of years ago to get my arms to grow, so far it worked.. This can be used for any bodypart, I do this as a finishing movement when I want to flush the muscle to the point where it feels like it's gonna pop.. I call this technique the FoxSet!

Here's an example, say you are working arms:

Alternate Dumbell curls with the dumbell range 40lb-70lbs

Do 10 reps alternating with the 40's, rest 5 seconds, do 10 with 45.. Continue up to the 70's, your reps should be close to 10 but not quite, maybe 6-8.. Now, you use the 70's to the allowed amount your able to squeeze, resting 5-10 seconds between dumbells.. Once you finish at the 40lbers, THAT WAS ONE SET!!

Yes, all that work is counted as only one set, and you do this rotation for 2-3 sets... Sounds sick, does it not?

Here's my scheme for T-bar Rows (my favorite back movement!)

2 45's for 10-12 reps, 3 45's/10-12 reps, 4 45's/10-12, 5 45's/8-10, 6 45's/6-8

rest 15 seconds, start again with the 6 plates, dropping a plate after the allowed amount of reps you can do.. 2 plates should feel heavier than the 6 plates did, not to mention, this is still considered one set!

NOTE: To defend against overtraining, this should only be done every two weeks in a cycle... Week one, do the Foxset for biceps, week two try the back idea, so on.. It can also be done with light weights/high reps if you're into that while dieting.. I did this while dieting, and it helped me keep my strength up while low-carbed..

Now, who wants to try? :D

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Re: I bring you... FoxSets!

Very cool idea Pete.. I might have to do this one for biceps for sure.... damn lagging body parts

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Glad you like it! I plan to add more variations on how you can do this scheme for legs, delts, and other parts.. I feel that it's good for shocking the living hell out of a weakpoint.. Once I get back to it, I'll go back to my usual 3 times a week of FoxSet work.. :D

DarCSA

Awards

Another reason why pete is the most popular man on the internet. Sorry to borrow the quote. I find this information intriguing. I like it ALOT. Another kick your ass workout.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

Very cool idea Pete.. I might have to do this one for biceps for sure.... damn lagging body parts

you and i mattD, you and i....."damn lagging bi's" :mad: :D ive done similar weight/rep scheme with squats (ya, squats) but only increasing 3 times and back down to the starting weight once for a total of 4 sets.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established

DAMMIT PETE!!

Just when I thought I was safe from your crazy workouts...here you come with another one that I'll have to try tonight :D:D

I think I'll try some blood doping to ease the burn ;)

LG. :cool:

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established

BUMP!! I tried these for my triceps...I could not use them for about 3 days

LG. :cool:

jweave23

Awards
  • Established

Nice Pete, a trainer at a gym years ago showed me something kinda like this (some small differences though) and it always killed a lagging bodypart. I think I'm going to try these with biceps (need 20" damnit!! ) :D

dez/null

Awards

i gotta try this. my biceps suck.

dez/null

Awards

reads over this again...

WAIT I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS!!!! :(

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Originally posted by dez/null
reads over this again...

WAIT I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS!!!! :(

That explains those guns you're flashin' in your new photos, eh? :D

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established

you and i mattD, you and i....."damn lagging bi's" :mad: :D ive done similar weight/rep scheme with squats (ya, squats) but only increasing 3 times and back down to the starting weight once for a total of 4 sets.
makes three of us sage ;)

Draven

Awards
  • Established

hehe, I've been doing this for my calves for about a year now. Although I got it from someone else.... they must have stole it from you.:D

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established

I used to do something similar too, except I didn't go back down the rack. It hurt like a mofo. Couldn't imagine this...

Biggs

Awards
  • Established

surprised I didn't comment on this earlier. this is good pete... I strongly recommend everybody do try something like this, and leave the gym with the knowledge that you have fucked some **** up. ow ow

SUPAJAwS1

Awards

Do you only do this with one exericse then continue the rest of your exercises normally, or do you only do one exercise using the fox set and that is your workout for the day? Or all exercises fox setted?

destro19

destro19

Awards

Ive done a simiar workout for chest.  I called it a complete pyramid.  I would work from 225 up untill I would hit the 5 rep range around 345 adding 20lbs each time, then I would work back down to 225 dropping 20lbs each time. 20lbs was the variable.  Between each benchpress set i would do flys with 65lbs till failure.  That was my constant.  When I do super sets I like to have a variable and a constant. It can either be the 1st or the 2nd exercise dosent matter.  I take about 1min betwen sets though not 15 seconds thats crazy.

destro19

destro19

Awards

I think we should have a thread were people post workouts in xls format.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Originally posted by SUPAJAwS1
Do you only do this with one exericse then continue the rest of your exercises normally, or do you only do one exercise using the fox set and that is your workout for the day? Or all exercises fox setted?

My arm routine looks like this, when using this routine..

1- barbell curls(1 warm up, 3 heavy sets)

2- FoxSet dumbell curls ( 1 warm up going thru 3 sets of dumbells, then starting sets 2-4 from the lightest to the heaviest{45-50-55-60 then back down} only 10-15 seconds rest)

3- one arm concentration curls (4 sets heavy)

4- Hammer curls (4 heavy sets)

I don't recommend doing a complete workout solely using a FoxSet scheme, you'll burn out faster than Richard Simmonds chasing a fat person out of a buffet line.. Oops, wrong analogy.. :D

Only one per workout, it can be done with alot of bodyparts...

Biggs

Awards
  • Established

this is primo for back, by the way... **** like DB and BB rows... my back handles high set volume really well, and I like adding something like this in (aside from my usual drop sets) every third workout or so.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established

Just tried the Foxsets scheme w/LegPresses. (w/30 seconds rest and then 10-sec rest on the way down - just enough time for my partner to pull the plates off) Holy crap!! The pump was awesome...better than even a GVT workout. I like it because you can still hit the volume/intensity while going up to a heavy poundage.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I'm glad my insanity is welcomed... :)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established

Insanity and genius are on the same fine line, my friend:)

massmatters

Awards

sounds a bit like BFT to me.

Serac

Awards

i will try this for biceps for sure! thx man!

YonkersCBR954

Banned
Awards

I'm glad my insanity is welcomed... :)
this sounds like a sick excerise ...i think im going to give it a go for my chest ...How would you go about doing a foxset for your chest in your workout routine?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established

Foxset Legpresses:D

phil216

Awards
  • Established

No offense but that is way too much volume for me (I'm one of the few HIT advocates here) and quite possibly the rest of the genetically less fortuned, but hey if it works for you God Bless you

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

this sounds like a sick excerise ...i think im going to give it a go for my chest ...How would you go about doing a foxset for your chest in your workout routine?
You'll either need a spotter, or use a Hammer strength like I usually do..

Warm up- 20-30 reps

Start with a weight slightly heavier than the warm-up, then go up again with whatever you can handle for 10 or more reps.. 3 sets, then take the weight off and pound 'em again, the reps should seem harder going back down.. If your warm-up weight doesn't hurt, you tore something.. :ntome:

I've since changed the name from FoxSets to Blaster Sets.. It was BassKiller's idea, he posted this routine on his site..

YonkersCBR954

Banned
Awards

You'll either need a spotter, or use a Hammer strength like I usually do..

Warm up- 20-30 reps

Start with a weight slightly heavier than the warm-up, then go up again with whatever you can handle for 10 or more reps.. 3 sets, then take the weight off and pound 'em again, the reps should seem harder going back down.. If your warm-up weight doesn't hurt, you tore something.. :ntome:

I've since changed the name from FoxSets to Blaster Sets.. It was BassKiller's idea, he posted this routine on his site..
cool ...thanks for the info ...im going to give it a go ...and ill def have a spotter ...but ill prob also give it a try on the hammer strength the next time i go to do them ...

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established

Foxset Legpresses:D
im gonna be giving these a go today. sounds pretty crazy but it will be a great shocker. im sure walking will be a chore for the next couple days but you gotta love the pain! bring it on leg day and fox sets, i aint scared:twisted:

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
omg, these are evil!!! i dont know how you can finish 3 sets with the suggested rest time of 5 seconds while adding/decreasing weight. i did 2 blaster sets after squatting, and i went relatively heavy (at least heavy for me) on squats bringing 365 down for a triple past paralell. then, i made my way over to the leg press. the reps on the 2nd set got ugly. it went like this:
3 plates per side- 10 reps
4 plates per side- 10 reps
5 plates per side- 8 reps then 15 seconds rest
5 plates- 5 reps
4 plates- 4 reps
3 plates- 4 complete reps + 4 partials

i placed my feet lower on the sled and took a narrower stance. quads were on fire. after both sets, i laid on the machine for about a minute before attempting to stand up. it was intense, thanks pete for bringing these to my attention... pure insanity!

YonkersCBR954

Banned
Awards
did these yesterday for chest on the incline hammer stength and let me tell you...its is serious ...my chest is sore today too ...and my chest hasnt felt this sore after a chest workout in a long time ...

Beatmaster

Awards
Yesssss, another plus to my program.

men i want that chest (avatar):jaw: