Back is hurting bad after deads yesterday

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
My back is ridiculously sore today after deads and pull-thoughs yesterday. Didnt sacrifice form on deads but im super sore. Got any suggestions on bringing the pain down?

liamrowe

liamrowe

Awards
hot and cold treatments man!!!

get a bag of peas and a hotwater bottle, and alternate them every 5-10 mins on a night. dont bother with muscle soreness creams because the mask the pain not treat it!!!

obviously give ur back a rest because if you mess it up it can ruin ur life!!! any more q's as i am a sports therapist and will be happy to help.

good luck man!!!

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
My back is ridiculously sore today after deads and pull-thoughs yesterday. Didnt sacrifice form on deads but im super sore. Got any suggestions on bringing the pain down?
If what liamrowe suggests isn't enough, try a couple of aleves.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
thanks, thats pretty much what im doin. helps a lil bit. not a real injury just alot more sore than i normally am

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
a couple muscle relaxants and a beer. gets the job done

liamrowe

liamrowe

Awards
true beer will help, it always does lol!!!! but seriously if it is a muscular problem the hot and cold will sort it. heat increases mobility and relaxes the muscles giving you alot more in terms of flexion and rotation of the spine, while the cold is an analgesic which will reduce pain, any swelling and help with reducing muscle spasm. you gotta be careful man you shouldnt really be suffering with back pain at 24!! also i think alot of lifters should have regular (monthly) massages to help iron out any knotts, tension and just generally relax there muscle, there are loads of studdies the suggest that massage can actually help stimulate balanced and even growth in bodybuilders

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
i dont really have chronic back pain...........anymore. Being in the marine corps doesnt help either. But it was just a overzealous day at the gym.

liamrowe

liamrowe

Awards
thats cool man, but prevention is better than the cure! thanks for the rep to, much appreciated! Good luck with ur training

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
be careful with deads. i have a herniated disk from doing heavy deads. there is tons of exercises that will increase your deadlift, without doing deadlifts.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
word. last thing i needed is a popped disc

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
this might work for you. take some creatine, and do deads with around 95 lbs - 1 set of 15 reps. then jump in the hot tub for about 20 minutes. when you're done, take some more creatine.

creatine boosts transport to muscles
light deads warms them up without hurting them
hot tub will help circulate the nutrients better by raising your temp
creatine to finish it off. try it!

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
this might work for you. take some creatine, and do deads with around 95 lbs - 1 set of 15 reps. then jump in the hot tub for about 20 minutes. when you're done, take some more creatine.

creatine boosts transport to muscles
light deads warms them up without hurting them
hot tub will help circulate the nutrients better by raising your temp
creatine to finish it off. try it!
sounds like a decent idea... maybe i'll try it sometime

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
spending time in the dry sana really helps... i get my post workout stretching in there.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
its good now. bout 95%, but i did squats about two days ago