You're favourite tricep workout to build the lateral head

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I would like to build up my lateral head.. my horseshoe is a bit lob sided. What do you guys do?

stormecho

stormecho

Awards
I like doing tricep dips between two benches, feet up on one, with 3 45's on my lap. Push out your max with the three, then have your partner or anyone else take one off, continue, take one off, conti ue, and finally burn out with an empty lap.

You can move your arms farther out on the bench you're pressing from to isolate it further. It's a killer tricep routine.

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I like doing tricep dips between two benches, feet up on one, with 3 45's on my lap. Push out your max with the three, then have your partner or anyone else take one off, continue, take one off, conti ue, and finally burn out with an empty lap.

You can move your arms farther out on the bench you're pressing from to isolate it further. It's a killer tricep routine.
Now that's intense. I can only assume that you'd do this late in your workout, as I know I would not be able to do much at all after that in terms of pressing! Nice

stormecho

stormecho

Awards
Oh hell yeah.

It was funny the other day we were doing it, the two of us are like whackjobs in the gym anyway, and this dude comes up and was like "I get my workout watchig you guys! God dayummm"

It feels good getting comments like that. That day we were eating the place alive and it showed.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

thats impressive. which part is the lateral head? my favorite, and it may not be lateral head, is dips with 90 lbs. we also got this machine that is a tricep push down, but you end up using some of your delts in the movement. i added 40 lbs to the machine, which maxes at 320 of true weight (not double pulley'd).