Lunges: mediocre or beneficial?
- 09-08-2008, 08:20 PM
- 09-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Walking lunges with a barbell behind you or dumbbells at your side is definitely not a waste of time.
- 09-09-2008, 12:02 AMBoard Sponsor
- 5'10" 220 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
Calling lunges a failure is essentially calling squats a failure.M.Ed. Ex Phys
09-09-2008, 12:20 AM
love lunges... go full basketball court with something fairly heavy and have the heavy stuff at the other end of the court... and walk back to half court with the heavies...
death to my legs
CURRENT 2014 Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/252748-cherry-poppin-test.html
09-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Just make sure you give your legs enough time to recover before you do a sprint session. Running on sore legs is definitely a waste of time if you're trying to get faster.
09-09-2008, 07:40 AM
09-09-2008, 08:29 AM
- 5'3" 126 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jan 2007
Lunges seem to hit my legs in a way that even heavy weights don't do!
09-09-2008, 10:09 PM
i didnt exactly mean to say that they wernt a failure, i just ment that is it like a waste of time compared to squating light weights. i usually lunge until failure which burns like a son of a gun. im pretty sore today so i think they are working for me pretty good. i need to pick up my speed.
Similar Forum Threads
- By freefall365 in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 09-06-2010, 10:08 PM
- By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
- By Matt6969 in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 01-14-2010, 02:05 PM
- By MentalTwitch in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM
- By FlawedGrunt in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 11-07-2008, 05:18 AM