flexing my bicep hurts

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
when i flex my right bicep it hurts alot, because of this, its been a while since i have done arm workouts, and i loved arm day!
what could it be and what do i do??

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
the top right side of my right bicep, down under the muscle a little ways.......not to good at explanations :(

SynergyCSCS

Awards
Distal or Proximal? (closer to your elbow or closer to your shoulder?)

the top right side of my right bicep, down under the muscle a little ways.......not to good at explanations :(

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
closer to my shoulder..., but close to the middle at the same time...lol

SynergyCSCS

Awards
Hmm.. hard to say. You might be overusing the anterior deltoid and causing it to pull on the tendonous attachment on your brachialis. I would lay off the arms for a short while and let the pain subside. Make sure you stretch your chest and anterior deltoid daily using the door frame. (Put your hand up about head level on a door frame or sturdy object and keep your elbow pointed to the floor. From here, step forward and turn your body away to stretch fully.) Furthermore, you are probably already overdeveloped in the bicep, so make sure to go a little lighter on the weights for biceps if you do choose to continue them, but try to build more tricep strength first. Also make sure when you are performing the curl, try externally rotating your forearms (elbows at your sides and slightly forward, palms up, hands wide) and keep your chest elevated the whole time. This will open your chest and keep your shoulders back so you don't have a tendency to "cheat" with your shoulders.

Ice would also be a good idea.

Good luck!

closer to my shoulder..., but close to the middle

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
thats the thing, i have laid off of it for about two weeks.......thanks for your help!!:thumbsup: