PCT starts today, here's my split

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was the last day of my fina/prop/m1t cycle...
ran fina/prop for 4 weeks, took a week off with low dose prop since i had stopped gaining completely... took the time to adjust my workouts to a little better split for me...
jumped back on the rest pause thing the next week with the same dose of fina and less prop and 10mg ED of M1T
immediately gained 7-8 quality pounds... and i'm here 2 weeks after that...

ticks me off tho that i finally started figuring how my body responded best to exercise and i started gaining all this weight... luckily most of the little water weight i had dropped off so i got pretty lean gains this time around... and stopped right dead on at 185lbs :) so 20lbs so far in my quest, dropped off a bit of bodyfat; gained some good strength; and found A LOT about myself i didnt know before... its great using juice because you can find out what your body responds to faster
the biggest thing i discovered is i can still overtrain very easily when on juice...

started loading creatine yesterday... and today too
and i start clomid tomorrow

here's my split...
basically its 3 days in a row workout, two days off, then 3 days on again...
around 10-12 sets every 8 days for big compounds save squats (body likes higher reps with lowered volume)
and around 4-6 every 8 days for smaller isolations
notice the dropped volume :) just like IA has kept screaming his fool head off about, it has positively affected me too... awsome awsome is all i can say

i now love dips with a passion... my chest has exploded in the past week that i've been doing them... i found a new favorite exercise :)
pretty much only the last set is to failure; the others are near failure; prolly one rep away

Day 1
Dips 3x10
Flat Bench 2x10
Skullcrusher 2x15
Incline Flyes 2x10
Shrugs 2x15

Day 2
Box Squats 2x15
Hamstring Curls 2x15
Calf Raises 1x15
Leg Press 2x15

Day 3
Shoulder Press 3x10
Chins 2x10
Incline Curls 3x10
Lateral Raises 2x15
Seated Rows 3x10

two days rest
then repeat... with some minor variations... skullcrushers become tricep pushdowns, BB presses such as shoulder press becomes DB

why do i do shoulders on a seperate day? i seem to progress much better with shoulder strength when i do them specifically on a seperate day... it seems that its more resiliant than other muscles

here's to the next 4 weeks! :)

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bean,

That is truly a very well put together routine, now all you need to do is only do it once a week with a days rest between workouts-lol. Just kidding dude, all that matters is that it works. I never train, or have people train two days in a row unless intensity is very low because MOST people just don't get good CNS recovery doing so, but again, all that matters is that it works.

I will second that notion as dips being the king of upper body training. There would be much more pec muscle on the planet if more people dipped instead of working their front delts off while benching. Benches work wonders for lots of people, but if they don't, dips are usually the answer.

Iron Addict

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
thanks IA :)

i sorta noticed the problem with CNS recovery, i've taken that 2nd day in a row of rest and put it inbetween workout 2 and workout 3, and added another for the second variation...
so thats 2x per 10 days

hopefully my protein from protein customizer comes in; i'm about out of protein :(

so far so good... holding at 182lbs (what i stopped at on sunday last week)