Body Weight Exercises

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. there's also chin ups, though i'm sure you know that already. how about good old farmers carries, where you grab something, and just walk with it till your legs give out? you can also fill a dufflebag with some junk and do squats with them. dufflebags are great to do all kinds of things, even curls, though form becomes a vague issue. i think with a dufflebag a backpack, and a chin bar you can do almost everything. if you got a light enough car (i know someone with a metro that did this) you can even do deadlifts grabbing onto the rear bumper. you can also make sandbags and do clean and presses with them, and that won't cost much to make at home depot. hope i haven't suggested things that have already been covered. also, if push ups are too easy for you, try it while wearing a backpack full of your old college textbooks. wish i knew more about this kind of stuff. good luck poopypants.

2. LOL thanks guys.... actually just inherited an old two piece vacuum from the Gparents in law the kind with the detached motor and bag section and a walking hose/pole/wandthingamajiggy... well with the bag mostly full its a good 35lbs and has a handle perfect to grab for curls... bungie corded some more heavy things to it like wifeys arobic weights and a mini TV even for military pressing... the awkward center of gravity and imbalance of the whole thing def makes up for the lack of weight.

soon I will possibly not even have other objects such as these other then a mattres so I have been precticing purely BW exercise routines only with lots of push up varients to work the back and shoulders as well including hand stand pushups seated dips between chairs ect.

Thanks again for all the input guys.
    •   

3. Hey bro, bodyweight exercises are good and have their place in a world where time/money is a serious issue for a lot of us. Have you ever just considered getting 2 30-45 lb dbs? That way you could do bodyweight exercises, and still be able to do quite a few lifts.

4. some ideas for lower body...

lunges...walking or 1 legged ones

Quad exercise(mad quad burn)....with back against a smooth wall surface...place legs shoulder width apart in front of you and slide you body and back down untill you form a 90 degree angle with your torso and quads...place hands at side on rest quads...hold in position for 30 seconds....rest 45 seconds and repeat for 5 sets of 30 second holds...increase sets and duration of set as your threshold for pain increases

one legged calf rasies

5. thanks Rmac, Ill def use those!!!

ya thanks for the idea there BKrabbe that WOULD be ideal at an in home thing... but the issue here is that I HAVE a membership now... just wont be anywhere I can get my hands on weights or anything heavy soon and will very likely have only my own BW to work with so specifically need thosee kind of exercises. Thank you again anyhow for the input.
    •   

6. Can you use things at home to add in as weights? Fill empty milk cartons with concrete or sand? Fill up a small suitcase with books to do front squats with or hold something heavy to do weighted sit ups. Walking lunges holding something heavy in each hand?

7. A movement I forgot about - you can do bw Tricep Extensions.

Gripo the edge of a bench chair, counter top, car bumber, whatever, facing downward.

Lower your body by bending at elbows, as if you were doing a skull-crusher and lowering the bar towards your head.

Push yourself up using your tris - it's pretty tough.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

8. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    thanks Rmac, Ill def use those!!!

ya thanks for the idea there BKrabbe that WOULD be ideal at an in home thing... but the issue here is that I HAVE a membership now... just wont be anywhere I can get my hands on weights or anything heavy soon and will very likely have only my own BW to work with so specifically need thosee kind of exercises. Thank you again anyhow for the input.
    no problem poops

9. Hey poops, I've had several friends visit the Gym you're headed off too, and most of them have gone for the same reason. They've all been able to use the recreation equipment, and as long as you are patient, I'm sure you'll be able to use it also. Just don't go in trying to prove anything. Use the benches when you get the chance but stick to BW exercises in your down time. I wish you the best man - everything works out in the end!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    A movement I forgot about - you can do bw Tricep Extensions.

Gripo the edge of a bench chair, counter top, car bumber, whatever, facing downward.

Lower your body by bending at elbows, as if you were doing a skull-crusher and lowering the bar towards your head.

Push yourself up using your tris - it's pretty tough.
    I really like these!!!! thanks for the awesome addition!

-poops

11. Sure thing man, I'm just sorry I didn't think of them sooner!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Suggestions on body weight exercises?
    By gaijininjapan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 11:30 AM
  2. Looking for good body weight exercises for HIIT
    By tbarrows in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 04:08 PM
  3. Weight, Exercise Routine for Pregnancy?
    By BOHICA in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 06:30 PM
  4. m-1-t dosing and body weight?
    By houseman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 03:49 PM