Who has had tendinitis/tendinosis and recovered?

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
I am certain I have tendinosis or itis and wondering who had had it and how long it took to recover? Did you workout the same, modify, or completely stop. How was the progression to recover? Did you ever recover? PLease share your knowledge to help me out on my road to recovery. Mine is in the wrist btw.

mattl

Awards
I have it in my shoulder and it goes all the way down to my elbow on my right arm. It only flares up from time to time and It usually takes me a couple days to a week to recover. I usually dont lift at all during that time because if I do it just flares up worse. HTH

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I took a horrible a knee in training right on my quad which made me limp around for a week and half which in turn made me compensate horribly and put a lot of stress on my patellar tendon. THis in turned into tendinitis. Foam rolled it, I could feel all the tonus and trigger points on it and all around it. So i took it easy on it, used cryotherapy (direct ice massage which hurt a lot) and if it was bad some aleve. I also had a chiro i know do some work on it and in about 2 weeks it was better.

If you can find a good chiro, not some full of **** holistic *******, but a legit chiro go to him and they can help you out a ton i swear. I was back training in no time.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
wrist

thanks for the insight/info guys. Every little bit helps. I'm going on 3 weeks now and it seems it gets a little better everyday. I am training, but going easy on that side. Using my middle to pinky finger irritates it. I thought it was gone recently, but then it started back again....even though I didnt work out or anything. A week ago it was pretty bad, now It's more of a constant ache than a sharp pain, although it was never a sharp pain...just a severe ache. Pain relievers don't do anything at all...not in the slightest. I used advil, tylenol, and aleve....with no difference at all in pain. At this point I really dont know if it is tendonitis or some ligament issue. I'm taking a week off in two days and hopefully it fully heals by then. If not, I dont know what I'm going to do :think: Any help or insight at all would be extremely appreciated though.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
ok then i will sum up what i said before. Ice massage/cryotherapy. You will be surprised in a week.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
ice

It does seem that ice is the only thing that makes it feel better. It pretty much numbs the pain/ache. I had stopped recently, but I think I'll do another course of that. Thanks again.

jbrianw88

Awards
I battled it my elbows for 10 yrs , top and bottom ( tennis elbow, golf elbow) to the point my arms would tingle, crack and pop for 3-4 days after a heavy bench day.I actually took 2 yrs off from lifting period, couldn't even do pushups without a near instant relapse. I started back to lifting and just put up with the pain. About 2 years ago I did a cycle of Haldrol and within 2 weeks the pain was gone and has not returned since. Coincidence?? luck?? I don't know for sure. I'm not recommending to anyone to use prohormone/designer type products but I have always wondered if anyone experienced the same.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
Hdrol

Amazing. I say that is some kind of luck or something...man. Maybe the Hdrol helped heal/build up you ligs and tendons. That's pretty interesting. I wonder if maybe people with problems had some improvement. I know some compounds are supposed to be nice on the joints. Maybe this is one of them. No rush to a cycle though, I'm only 20 :nono:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have Achilles tendinitis in my legs, which is where your calf connects to your ankle....had it for 6 months. When I run, the next day sucks. Depends where at and whether it can rest. I cant rest my legs for 3 weeks, I have to work, therefore it could take a year to recover.

j4ever

Awards
i am just like jbrian been fighting that crap for about 5 years ( tennis and golphers elbow ) i made it much worse in the begining due to the fact i was hard headed and kept workingout when it first came up after 3 months was forced to stop and did not workout for about 6 months did some research and started doing targeted excersises for it man it has given me hell but has been much much better the last several months,if this has been irratating you for 3 weeks there is a good chance it is now tendonosis and not itis any longer,i would not workout for at least 2 weeks do some research about it and see if there is any excersises you can do for the wrist at the end of the 2 weeks reevaluate if still bothering take another week or 2 and consider going to doc ( a doc that specializes in hand,wrist and elbow ),as far as supps you could try animal flex and cissus they gave me minimal help but some folks say they beneifited greatly,i know the not workout things sucks but trust me bro laying off a couple of weeks or even a month will beneifit you greatly and possibly keep you from dealing with it on a chronic bases.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, a doc may be needed to take care of it. I have to wear special orthotics in my shoes.

Here is a combo to use.... I have heard of.....

Super cissus RX
High dose fish oil
*wobenzym*

that wobenzym is what has my interest. It us supposedly quite the trick at fixing damaged tendons. I will be running said combo after my recomp, before my winter bulk. I have faith it will do something good for me. Just wish the crap wasn't so expensive. When I do it, I will be logging with the hopes I can show it works so others may get relief too.

I also thought LG came out with that blue liquid to help heal injuries, but haven't seen much on it in awhile.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
It does seem that ice is the only thing that makes it feel better. It pretty much numbs the pain/ache. I had stopped recently, but I think I'll do another course of that. Thanks again.
you're quite welcome how is it going?

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
progress

I am day 2 in my week off and it seems to be improving. Taking it day by day though. I'll keep everyone updated.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
week off

Before taking a week off I only used the bad wrist for lifting and used the other one for carrying weights around, etc. I actually got tendinitis in the other one now. So I took a week off for both of them. On the last day they had improved, but I could still tell there was something wrong...some discomfort there.

So I hit the weights, taking it easier. I bought a strap for the original injured wrist and went through the workout fine with that wrist, but the other one acted up at little bit. So the original injured one is progressing (fingers crossed) and the other one is being a little bit of a *****. I did upper the first day back, legs the next, day off today, and back to the upper 2moro. We'll see what happens.

I am thinking about buying a similar strap for the other wrist. I am also taking bulk NP cissus, not sure if its really working. I am also about to start a hyperdrol/mass fx cycle. Hyperdrol is supposed to have some kind of good cissus in it, so maybe it'll help.

vette00

vette00

Awards
Bro, i had to play almost 4 years of college baseball with tend. , i know what your going through. Just think, i had to workout and practice w/ it everyday. Here r my thought's:

U think u have it in your other hand because of the pressure u have to put for the injured side. i have seem alot of pitchers have shoulder problems, so then, they change the arm motion to aleve the pain. The shoulder problem might go away, but then their elbows start havin a problem. really the only way i know is to give it an extended time of rest, like 1-2months. With ice therapy and rest u should recover. I know that sucks but would u rather have this problem for years or only 1-2 months? Best wishes.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
If I could take 2 months off work, stretch, massage, heat, and ice my tendons in my leg, it would heal by then.....but I work 5 days a week on a STAND UP forklift, i almost give up on healing anytime soon....

vette00

vette00

Awards
its hard to heal this problem if it is in use almost everyday.

I took a doc script for a mine, i think it was called celabrex(?).
The thing to do is ice it everyday after use, and take the medicine.

What about takin a 1-2 month vacation to the bahamas.LOL

GOOD LUCK

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
Be careful with braces/wrist wraps. These can just keep the problem going and cause you to compensate even more over time...leading to more issues. I kow you are just trying to get by but I just thought I would let you know. Seen it so many times with ankle braces and athletes.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established

taking a couple months off isn't an option. The pain isn't all that bad, but definetly still there. I may change my mind on the break if it ever gets bad like it used to be...that was terrible. Right now I'm trying to lift and heal at the same time....we'll see how it works out. I plan to use the strap until I can ween the wrist off of it and build the strength back. Mostly because all of my compund lifts really torque my wrist so in needs something to support it until it fully recovers.

After dealing with your tend. for all of those years in baseball, did it ever recover after you stopped? How long did it take?

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I am certain I have tendinosis or itis and wondering who had had it and how long it took to recover? Did you workout the same, modify, or completely stop. How was the progression to recover? Did you ever recover? PLease share your knowledge to help me out on my road to recovery. Mine is in the wrist btw.
Here’s what my experience has taught me:
If everything goes right, tendonitis will take about 6 weeks go away. Doing everything right means:

Make sure your nutrition is sound; include Omega3’s and Glucosamine/Chondroitin (some use Cissus).

Continue working out, but you must do this in a way that will not aggravate the injury. Once you aggravate the tendon the healing process starts over. Use high reps (10 or more) or whatever it takes to workout w/o any pain in the affected area.

Do not go into complete rest (maybe a couple days after initial injury). I'm not sure why except maybe 1) the tendon will stiffen and 2) the light, high rep workout functions as a type of therapy.

One thing that’s worked for me to prevent it is to make sure the 1st couple of sets of an exercise is 10 or more reps.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Here’s what my experience has taught me:
If everything goes right, tendonitis will take about 6 weeks go away. Doing everything right means:

Make sure your nutrition is sound; include Omega3’s and Glucosamine/Chondroitin (some use Cissus).

Continue working out, but you must do this in a way that will not aggravate the injury. Once you aggravate the tendon the healing process starts over. Use high reps (10 or more) or whatever it takes to workout w/o any pain in the affected area.

Do not go into complete rest (maybe a couple days after initial injury). I'm not sure why except maybe 1) the tendon will stiffen and 2) the light, high rep workout functions as a type of therapy.

One thing that’s worked for me to prevent it is to make sure the 1st couple of sets of an exercise is 10 or more reps.

I actually believe one of the reasons my achilles tendons havent healed is because I havent done squats/any thing with em since injury. I am doing squats now though, super light weight, as well as other things. Kinda like physical therapy.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I actually believe one of the reasons my achilles tendons havent healed is because I havent done squats/any thing with em since injury. I am doing squats now though, super light weight, as well as other things. Kinda like physical therapy.
:thumbsup:

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
thanks

Thanks for the input DBinMD. Thats some great insight...maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just gotta keep from irritating it.

vette00

vette00

Awards
It did go away with a time period of about 2 months. Just like what dbinmd said, you have still workout that muscle a little bit, just not all out, because if u stop the muscle, tendons and ligaments get weaker. I believe that if you get hurt, workout but not a 100%.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
It did go away with a time period of about 2 months. Just like what dbinmd said, you have still workout that muscle a little bit, just not all out, because if u stop the muscle, tendons and ligaments get weaker. I believe that if you get hurt, workout but not a 100%.
I stopped with mine and I noticed its always getting re injured because its weak. Thats why I started legs again, no pain no gain.

The doc told me they could do steroid shots in my legs to increase muscle growth and strength, but it runs a higher risk of rupture during the healing time.

Stickyseeds

Stickyseeds

Awards
I have it in my elbow. Both actually. It flares up from time to time and goes away. It's been an on and off thing for years. Some workouts aggravate it more and I have to stay away from them others don't affect it so much. I've noticed if I take alittle extra time to warm up it helps. Pain can be very severe at times. It all started in high school. I spent like all day arm wrestling my friends and my elbows have been messsd up with this tendinitis ever sense. Honestly most of the time it doesn't bother me tho.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive had it bad tendinosis my elbows from 2005- 2010. I got it better though friction massage, active release work, ice friction massage. there are many ways to get it better breaking up the scar tissue.

Upper body completely stopped for a year.

Ray Donovan

Awards
I had tendinosis in both shoulders but not anymore.

One day I had really bad shoulder pain during a workout. Shoulders hurt for about a year until I got help. It would hurt to raise my arms overhead or to close my window in my bedroom (internal rotation movement). Got an MRI, orthopedist said the tendons were close to 50% frayed.

Went to physical therapy for about 2 months twice a week. Got stretched, massaged, electro-stim, got iced, did band exercises for rotator cuffs and back/upper back.

A couple times a week at home I did all the band exercise, and a few stretches such as chest, which helps the shoulders somehow.

I couldn’t believe it but the pain diminished over the 2 months until it was 95% gone.....which is when I stopped PT. Still did band exercises for a while, stretches, and only lifted in the 15+ rep range for upper body.

Been pain free for 2 years.