Insulin Resistant I Heard You Were The Expert

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Hi,

I was asked to post on this section.

I am 45 years old, 5' 7.5", 188 lbs. and 11.6% body fat. I have been lifting weights since I was 15 but stopped from the age of 31-37. When I began again I noticed that my body was not responding the way it use to. Muscle was not coming on easy and fat was not being lost as fast.
I started taking prohormones which was a disaster in my experience and then went to AAS.

I have been on fairly strict and clean diets from anywhere between 12 weeks and 5 weeks with mild caloric deficits and drastic ones. I have been on low card diets and no carb diets, I have lifted weights and done cardio. I have done clen and now doing T3 and I have never been able to get below 10.6% body fat since I got into my late 30's.

I have searched for every possible answer and finally I got my A1C tested and it was 5.7. My doctor told me that was normal but my research on the internet shows that while a reading of 4.5-6 is "normal", a reading of 5.7-6 is prediabetic. I had my glucose checked and my sugar levels are normal so I dont have a problem creating insulin therefore I dont think I'm type 1 diabetes but I may be insulin resistant meaning I may be predibetic for type 2.

I plan on getting a second opinion but in the meantime I would like some advice or comments. I want to try something OTC before I go with prescription drugs. Any advice?