GDA Q and A

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Please post any question relating to ANY GDA you may have questions about, whether an EBF product or not. Knowledge it power.

Lets begin....

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the daily max dose of berberine?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
studies show great results with 300mg-500mg 3x per day...

as far as a maximum dose, id go with what your stomach can handle since it does inhibit absorbtion of carbohydrates. id keep it no more then 3-6g

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
studies show great results with 300mg-500mg 3x per day...

as far as a maximum dose, id go with what your stomach can handle since it does inhibit absorbtion of carbohydrates. id keep it no more then 3-6g
3g berberine + 8 caps of Recompadrol daily PRICELESS.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you may add 300mg-400mg of berberine to each 2 capsule dose of recompadrol without any problems.

RawStrength

RawStrength

Awards
What is the optimal timing one should take berberine prior to a meal?

And is their a minimum or maximum amount of carbs one should consume for say per 500mg of berberine?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the optimal timing one should take berberine prior to a meal?

And is their a minimum or maximum amount of carbs one should consume for say per 500mg of berberine?
the best time is 30minutes prior to a meal. This has to due with the time it takes to prevent adipocyte differentiation...

i cant seem to find the figure im looking for (from a scientific article) that shows that time.. but...

Heres a great study
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2012/363845/

Along with saying this i would say 100mg berberine per 10g carb... but in all reality its pretty hard to determine those carbohydrate amounts without a blood glucose monitor

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Berberine kills me. I can't even talk about it. My stomach started hurting when I started reading this thread.

bgaunt769

Awards
how effective would a stack combining recompadrol, glycobol, agmatine, and slinshot be. or maybe just recomp and glycobol with agmatine

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how effective would a stack combining recompadrol, glycobol, agmatine, and slinshot be.
Seems like overkill to me. Recompadrol + ALA is more than enough in my opinion.

If I were to combine GDAs it would be slin sane, ALA and recompadrol

bgaunt769

Awards
thanks i was just thinking because of the ala in glycobol would make the stack better. once again thanks

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how effective would a stack combining recompadrol, glycobol, agmatine, and slinshot be. or maybe just recomp and glycobol with agmatine
One of each for a tremendous meal would be ok. I would say its a good safety net.

As for glycobol solo, great product, but I don't want to comment on other the effectiveness on other products. If you want to break down ingredients we can go by ingredients

RawStrength

RawStrength

Awards
the best time is 30minutes prior to a meal. This has to due with the time it takes to prevent adipocyte differentiation...

i cant seem to find the figure im looking for (from a scientific article) that shows that time.. but...

Heres a great study
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2012/363845/

Along with saying this i would say 100mg berberine per 10g carb... but in all reality its pretty hard to determine those carbohydrate amounts without a blood glucose monitor
Can you say how many mg of berberine are in each cap of recompadrol?

Or better yet, is there a maximum/minimum amount of carbs or calories one should shoot for per cap of recompadrol?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can you say how many mg of berberine are in each cap of recompadrol?

unforturnatly i cannot disclose that information,

Heres the study i was talking about with waiting time to eat
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0026049506003908

Or better yet, is there a maximum/minimum amount of carbs or calories one should shoot for per cap of recompadrol?
1 capsule of recompadrol, based on studies for 1 ingredient... corosolic acid, will control blood glucose for a meal of 75g carbohydrate. This recommendation however does not take into account the other ingredients.

for example... damage control 2 caps per 150 carbs.... for pump 1 cap per 100 carbs 2 hours prior to workout.

as for calories i use 2 caps per 900-1100 calories personally

Last edited:
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What makes this product any better than the 100's of others in the same category?
100s? lol.. Quite the exaggeration there

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TBone;

"Each ingredient serves a different function to help create a more favorable environment for weight gain or weight loss as well as the possibility of helping the parameters of metabolic syndrome. To say our product is superior to others is does not seem fair. Every body reacts different to each supplement what works for one may not work for another, however we urge you to try it and make a decision for yourself"

its important you look at the different mechanisms of each product and make a decision for yourself.

best way to find out if somethings better is to test against what you feel is the best.

dvp

Awards
If I recall recompadrol contains neither na-r-ala or ala. I'm curious what the reasoning behind keeping these two ingredients out was?

How do you feel about them in addition or as solo gda's?

Stoked to have you all on the boards. LOVE recompadrol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have a question...

GDA or Nutritent repartioner (main differences).... I believe SLINshot is consider both. I know some people have different meanings on what one is & I'd like to know examples of each.

SLINshot helps blood glucose clearance as well as facilitating the nutrients into the muscle, hence why I classify it as a GDA & Partioner.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recompadrol was designed to e versatile. With that said many overweight people looking for better glycemic contr and weight loss may be on t4 (synthroid) and here's a study that deterred me from its use.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1815532/

Along with ala being cheap and taking up a lot of the capsule spaw I felt it more beneficial without it

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Many products function as both aaron

A GDA acts in glucose disposal as a means of tissue absorption and waste

An insulin mimetic is something that acts like insulin or solely on its pathway (pi3k)

A lot of products have more of one the. They other so they are all classifies in the same category

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ALA is cheap in bulk and makes it easier to add since you can control how much you take

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep em coming

Check EBF's Facebook for nice information on numerous products. Today's product was naringenin

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any more GDA questions?

I'll post up a Pre cheat meal plan for optimal nutrient partioning and fat attenuation tomorrow

It'll help with food digestion as well

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Any more GDA questions?

I'll post up a Pre cheat meal plan for optimal nutrient partioning and fat attenuation tomorrow

It'll help with food digestion as well
Some people including myself may want to know the timing dosage of a NP/GDA pre cardio for optimal uptake and increased PPAR agonism and AMPk for endurance and fat burning effects...

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that happens in about 30 minutes.

so 30 minutes pre cardio will do the trick.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Will BCAAs intra before the NP and cardio negate it?

Should one just consume 10g leucine pre weights, halfway through, take say 1 recompadrol (or any NP for others who use say slin sane) 30mins pre cardio?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Will BCAAs intra before the NP and cardio negate it?

Should one just consume 10g leucine pre weights, halfway through, take say 1 recompadrol (or any NP for others who use say slin sane) 30mins pre cardio?
If you're 450lbs of LBM, feel free to consume 10g leucine :D

Thoughts on this: http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/59/8/1879.long

Notice that the "normal" mice also suffered from significant muscle catabolism.

[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]
Berberine impairs muscle metabolism by two novel mechanisms. It impairs mitochonidrial function stimulating the expression of atrogin-1 without affecting phosphorylation of forkhead transcription factors. The increase in atrogin-1 not only stimulated protein degradation but also suppressed protein synthesis, causing muscle atrophy

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]Berberine impairs muscle metabolism by two novel mechanisms. It impairs mitochonidrial function stimulating the expression of atrogin-1 without affecting phosphorylation of forkhead transcription factors. The increase in atrogin-1 not only stimulated protein degradation but also suppressed protein synthesis, causing muscle atrophy
Oh noes!!
I'm not 450 lbs of lbm... I do consume a lot of bcaas though.
Somedays I get 50g of it.

Interesting on the berberine. Makes you smaller. Man....

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]Berberine impairs muscle metabolism by two novel mechanisms. It impairs mitochonidrial function stimulating the expression of atrogin-1 without affecting phosphorylation of forkhead transcription factors. The increase in atrogin-1 not only stimulated protein degradation but also suppressed protein synthesis, causing muscle atrophy
Hmmmmm

uvawahoowa

Awards
Please post any question relating to ANY GDA you may have questions about, whether an EBF product or not. Knowledge it power.

Lets begin....
As for berberine, wouldnt it's effects on inhibiting protein synthesis and increasing protein degradation be detrimental to a bluking/lean mass gain plan?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
@uva,

Things like this are relative.

you see, ALA increases AMPk as well which reduces mTOR. Whats important is to supplement with additional leucine to kind of counteract that from happening. The body is all give and take, it works on checks and balances. Weight loss, and lifting in essence are catabolic, we need to fine tune our bodies to increase specific pathways favorable to our goals.

If there is something specific to berberine im missing here, please let me know.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
@uva,

Things like this are relative.

you see, ALA increases AMPk as well which reduces mTOR. Whats important is to supplement with additional leucine to kind of counteract that from happening. The body is all give and take, it works on checks and balances. Weight loss, and lifting in essence are catabolic, we need to fine tune our bodies to increase specific pathways favorable to our goals.

If there is something specific to berberine im missing here, please let me know.
I fully agree with the give and take. Downregulation of one pathway often means up-regulation of another. However, could you address the study I posted, as berberine's net effect seems to be muscle catabolism. I post this merely because berberine has a ton of effects that interest me (moreso for general health than activity in the gut).

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sorry coop my comps not letting me qoute things.

as far as the atrogin.... i believe USP labs went over this in great detail heres the qoute

MulletSoldier replied with this:

"Great question!

I unfortunately do not have access to this full journal, so my commentary will be mostly speculative at this time. This being said, I will address the comments as best as possible.

As we see from the abstract, it appears that berberine extract-induced decreased muscle protein synthesis and increased muscle protein degradation is dependent on an increased expression of both atrogin-1, a key proteolytic gene present in a variety of catabolic states, and eIF3-f, a key component of the mTOR activation pathway. At first blush, this obviously appears to be indefensibly negative, as the atrogin-1 induction was not dependent upon the Atk/PI3K transcription pathway, and is thus entirely the result of berberine.

With that being said, we need to remember an important fact: these were diabetic mice. Insulin resistance is often associated with an increased in the activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway, and in particular, the expression of atrogin-1 to promote muscle atrophy. The mechanisms here are complex, but for a reference, the expression of both atrogin-1 and atrogin-1 transcription promoters have been shown to be increased by 15 fold in insulin resistant states."

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what i seem to find stranger is that Berberine inhibits Fox-O1 which suppresses gluconeogenic hormones,

there needs to be human studies. However, i think that due to our diets, slight inhibition wont and shouldnt be worrysome

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One more thing i have to comment on...

Diabetics have increased expression of a lot more genes than we do. I dont think that atrogin levels in normal, non diabetic humans play a role in this.

Id like to see how other things like ALA, due to increases in AMPk, affect atrogin and muscle protein synthesis. We alreaqdy do know that it affect mTOR.

I will indeed look into this further, and coop, if you can as well on the Atrogin-1 levels of normal vs diabetic humans. Im sure we can collectively come up with an answer

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
sorry coop my comps not letting me qoute things.

as far as the atrogin.... i believe USP labs went over this in great detail heres the qoute

MulletSoldier replied with this:

"Great question!

I unfortunately do not have access to this full journal, so my commentary will be mostly speculative at this time. This being said, I will address the comments as best as possible.

As we see from the abstract, it appears that berberine extract-induced decreased muscle protein synthesis and increased muscle protein degradation is dependent on an increased expression of both atrogin-1, a key proteolytic gene present in a variety of catabolic states, and eIF3-f, a key component of the mTOR activation pathway. At first blush, this obviously appears to be indefensibly negative, as the atrogin-1 induction was not dependent upon the Atk/PI3K transcription pathway, and is thus entirely the result of berberine.

With that being said, we need to remember an important fact: these were diabetic mice. Insulin resistance is often associated with an increased in the activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway, and in particular, the expression of atrogin-1 to promote muscle atrophy. The mechanisms here are complex, but for a reference, the expression of both atrogin-1 and atrogin-1 transcription promoters have been shown to be increased by 15 fold in insulin resistant states."
No problem man, thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, this quote is inaccurate because non-diabetic mice also experienced muscle catabolism. Atrogin-1 expression was not the culprit.

I've been looking into it as well because berberine holds a lot of promise as a multi-dimensional ingredient, but it's tough to start using it when this particular study is in direct conflict with the goals of a bodybuilder.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
completely agree! however you need to look at it as its effects on mTOR, PGC-1a, and AMPk

These are down regulated with an antagonism of PPARy. This is conducive to weight loss. Its very near impossible in a catabolic state to keep mTOR up, this is due to the effects Akt has on adipogenesis and glucogenesis, and protein synthesis

RawStrength

RawStrength

Awards
What is the best ingredient (berberine, banaba, vandyl sulfate, ALA, gymnea, etc) for keeping blood sugar level while eating higher GI carbs?

I eat white rice and red potatoes as my stachy carbs (cant stand brown rice or plain oatmeal) so what can I take to prevent my blood sugar from spiking?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm curious how people feel about high GI vs. Low GI because most people feel different based on the type of carbs they eat. Ultimately I think it would only be an issue if you were diabetic or had a lethargic feeing after a certain type of carb.

I posted this in another thread figured I'd post here.

Is my thought process correct or am I off with the above posting/statement?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the best ingredient (berberine, banaba, vandyl sulfate, ALA, gymnea, etc) for keeping blood sugar level while eating higher GI carbs?

I eat white rice and red potatoes as my stachy carbs (cant stand brown rice or plain oatmeal) so what can I take to prevent my blood sugar from spiking?
Any product if legitimate in this catagorie would do

You can go simple and use ala or more complex and use recompadrol or any other products

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm curious how people feel about high GI vs. Low GI because most people feel different based on the type of carbs they eat. Ultimately I think it would only be an issue if you were diabetic or had a lethargic feeing after a certain type of carb.

I posted this in another thread figured I'd post here.

Is my thought process correct or am I off with the above posting/statement?
Type ones can usually eat what they want

Type 2 diabetics have more underlying issues like resistance in the liver in which insulin cannot block FOX01. This means the bodies liver will continue to relate glucose

I personally feel high gi. Insulin levels spike and return to normal faster allowing increased fat burning potential.

It can be argued the other way as well

30g carbs equals 30g carbs. Your body will secrete the same amount of Insulin to carry that load just over different periods of time

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
AdelV Supplements 8
Supplements 23