GDA Q and A

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

sorry coop my comps not letting me qoute things.

as far as the atrogin.... i believe USP labs went over this in great detail heres the qoute

MulletSoldier replied with this:

"Great question!

I unfortunately do not have access to this full journal, so my commentary will be mostly speculative at this time. This being said, I will address the comments as best as possible.

As we see from the abstract, it appears that berberine extract-induced decreased muscle protein synthesis and increased muscle protein degradation is dependent on an increased expression of both atrogin-1, a key proteolytic gene present in a variety of catabolic states, and eIF3-f, a key component of the mTOR activation pathway. At first blush, this obviously appears to be indefensibly negative, as the atrogin-1 induction was not dependent upon the Atk/PI3K transcription pathway, and is thus entirely the result of berberine.

With that being said, we need to remember an important fact: these were diabetic mice. Insulin resistance is often associated with an increased in the activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway, and in particular, the expression of atrogin-1 to promote muscle atrophy. The mechanisms here are complex, but for a reference, the expression of both atrogin-1 and atrogin-1 transcription promoters have been shown to be increased by 15 fold in insulin resistant states."
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com

2. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

what i seem to find stranger is that Berberine inhibits Fox-O1 which suppresses gluconeogenic hormones,

there needs to be human studies. However, i think that due to our diets, slight inhibition wont and shouldnt be worrysome

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
  3. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

•   

4. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

One more thing i have to comment on...

Diabetics have increased expression of a lot more genes than we do. I dont think that atrogin levels in normal, non diabetic humans play a role in this.

Id like to see how other things like ALA, due to increases in AMPk, affect atrogin and muscle protein synthesis. We alreaqdy do know that it affect mTOR.

I will indeed look into this further, and coop, if you can as well on the Atrogin-1 levels of normal vs diabetic humans. Im sure we can collectively come up with an answer

5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    sorry coop my comps not letting me qoute things.

as far as the atrogin.... i believe USP labs went over this in great detail heres the qoute

MulletSoldier replied with this:

"Great question!

I unfortunately do not have access to this full journal, so my commentary will be mostly speculative at this time. This being said, I will address the comments as best as possible.

As we see from the abstract, it appears that berberine extract-induced decreased muscle protein synthesis and increased muscle protein degradation is dependent on an increased expression of both atrogin-1, a key proteolytic gene present in a variety of catabolic states, and eIF3-f, a key component of the mTOR activation pathway. At first blush, this obviously appears to be indefensibly negative, as the atrogin-1 induction was not dependent upon the Atk/PI3K transcription pathway, and is thus entirely the result of berberine.

With that being said, we need to remember an important fact: these were diabetic mice. Insulin resistance is often associated with an increased in the activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway, and in particular, the expression of atrogin-1 to promote muscle atrophy. The mechanisms here are complex, but for a reference, the expression of both atrogin-1 and atrogin-1 transcription promoters have been shown to be increased by 15 fold in insulin resistant states."
    No problem man, thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, this quote is inaccurate because non-diabetic mice also experienced muscle catabolism. Atrogin-1 expression was not the culprit.

I've been looking into it as well because berberine holds a lot of promise as a multi-dimensional ingredient, but it's tough to start using it when this particular study is in direct conflict with the goals of a bodybuilder.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

completely agree! however you need to look at it as its effects on mTOR, PGC-1a, and AMPk

These are down regulated with an antagonism of PPARy. This is conducive to weight loss. Its very near impossible in a catabolic state to keep mTOR up, this is due to the effects Akt has on adipogenesis and glucogenesis, and protein synthesis

7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

What is the best ingredient (berberine, banaba, vandyl sulfate, ALA, gymnea, etc) for keeping blood sugar level while eating higher GI carbs?

I eat white rice and red potatoes as my stachy carbs (cant stand brown rice or plain oatmeal) so what can I take to prevent my blood sugar from spiking?
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm curious how people feel about high GI vs. Low GI because most people feel different based on the type of carbs they eat. Ultimately I think it would only be an issue if you were diabetic or had a lethargic feeing after a certain type of carb.

I posted this in another thread figured I'd post here.

Is my thought process correct or am I off with the above posting/statement?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  9. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

Quote Originally Posted by RawStrength
    What is the best ingredient (berberine, banaba, vandyl sulfate, ALA, gymnea, etc) for keeping blood sugar level while eating higher GI carbs?

I eat white rice and red potatoes as my stachy carbs (cant stand brown rice or plain oatmeal) so what can I take to prevent my blood sugar from spiking?
    Any product if legitimate in this catagorie would do

You can go simple and use ala or more complex and use recompadrol or any other products

10. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    I'm curious how people feel about high GI vs. Low GI because most people feel different based on the type of carbs they eat. Ultimately I think it would only be an issue if you were diabetic or had a lethargic feeing after a certain type of carb.

I posted this in another thread figured I'd post here.

Is my thought process correct or am I off with the above posting/statement?
    Type ones can usually eat what they want

Type 2 diabetics have more underlying issues like resistance in the liver in which insulin cannot block FOX01. This means the bodies liver will continue to relate glucose

I personally feel high gi. Insulin levels spike and return to normal faster allowing increased fat burning potential.

It can be argued the other way as well

30g carbs equals 30g carbs. Your body will secrete the same amount of Insulin to carry that load just over different periods of time

11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc

Type ones can usually eat what they want

Type 2 diabetics have more underlying issues like resistance in the liver in which insulin cannot block FOX01. This means the bodies liver will continue to relate glucose

I personally feel high gi. Insulin levels spike and return to normal faster allowing increased fat burning potential.

It can be argued the other way as well

30g carbs equals 30g carbs. Your body will secrete the same amount of Insulin to carry that load just over different periods of time
    Yeah so, only a diabetic should be worried about GI index...?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Any product if legitimate in this catagorie would do

You can go simple and use ala or more complex and use recompadrol or any other products
    I thought ALA spiked insulin?

Isnt it an insulin mimetic?
  13. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

You can look at it that way, but wit the ingestion of simple carbs, we see spikes and drops in B/Sugar levels.
    Longer chains of carbs as we all know generate longer satiety and more energy over longer period. Why spike, get hyper for say 2 hours, then fall off the face of the earth with no energy and going hypo?
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  14. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

Yes and no. Depends on the type of diabetic and medication used.

15. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

Quote Originally Posted by RawStrength

I thought ALA spiked insulin?

Isnt it an insulin mimetic?
    It increases ampk and thus activates glucose uptake therefore lowering sugars

16. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

The king of GDAs will be back shortly. Should be done Monday then off for testing

17. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The king of GDAs will be back shortly. Should be done Monday then off for testing
    New awesome label, same fantastic product, the king's back!

(some people were waiting for it.. like everybody? lol)
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions