Will joint force help reduce swelling in a muscle?

  1. Will joint force help reduce swelling in a muscle?


    I developed a knot in a muscle 1 week out from a show, and in desperation attempt, I am doing everything possible. I have some joint force that i've had and started applying it to the muscle to reduce inflammatory and relieve the knot maybe.. do you see this helping in any way possible?


  2. I have used it at times if my back was tight or inflamed and it seemed to help. I think joint force plus some stretching and massaging should help

  3. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I developed a knot in a muscle 1 week out from a show, and in desperation attempt, I am doing everything possible. I have some joint force that i've had and started applying it to the muscle to reduce inflammatory and relieve the knot maybe.. do you see this helping in any way possible?

    muscle knot?

    u sure that muscle knots are inflammatory related?
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   
       


  4. Get a massage.

  5. ice
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    muscle knot?

    u sure that muscle knots are inflammatory related?

    Im sure you have a clue what im talking about here, but id rather not talk openly.. its not an infection, at least here is no heat, redness, or me feeling ill.

    The muscle feels like it twisted up in me, because the main lump is towards the bottom of my buttocks about 2in above where the glute meets the hamstrings, but the glute muscles at the top towards my lower back are killing, because they are being pulled down. Difficult to explain, but the lump is small, compared to the overall size of the glute muscle, but the entire glute hurts like hell, it is so tight, it can't be stretched.

    Its been a week and 3 days, the lump has reduced 75% but still there, pain has reduced 90%.

    Mike

  7. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Im sure you have a clue what im talking about here, but id rather not talk openly.. its not an infection, at least here is no heat, redness, or me feeling ill.

    The muscle feels like it twisted up in me, because the main lump is towards the bottom of my buttocks about 2in above where the glute meets the hamstrings, but the glute muscles at the top towards my lower back are killing, because they are being pulled down. Difficult to explain, but the lump is small, compared to the overall size of the glute muscle, but the entire glute hurts like hell, it is so tight, it can't be stretched.

    Its been a week and 3 days, the lump has reduced 75% but still there, pain has reduced 90%.

    Mike

    sounds like a sterile abcess. ice can really help. maybe joint force a litte, as it shrinks and gets less painful heat may help
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 07:41 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 11:59 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 04:41 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 02:20 PM
  5. Arnica 30x does not help with DOMS in runners
    By Matthew D in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 11:16 AM
Log in
Log in