Joint Force

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    T-bone, have you been to a doctor to have it diagnosed?
    A while back. I was told to just stop with the over-head presses because they are a terrible exercise and cause shoulder injuries all the time. Doctor didn't find anything physically wrong though.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    A while back. I was told to just stop with the over-head presses because they are a terrible exercise and cause shoulder injuries all the time. Doctor didn't find anything physically wrong though.
    do you do any rotator cuff exercises?
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

do you do any rotator cuff exercises?

Nope, but I'm not sure that would help. Like I said this problem went away before when I stopped with the direct shoulder work. So to fix it again I'll do the same thing. There is really no need to isolate shoulders anyway.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.25%

Nope, but I'm not sure that would help. Like I said this problem went away before when I stopped with the direct shoulder work. So to fix it again I'll do the same thing. There is really no need to isolate shoulders anyway.
    Its true they get a lot of indirect work but I do seem to get better gains when I work them directly, for me its dumbells only though

5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.88%

Bench pressing is far worse for shoulders and aggravating shoulder problems than any shoulder work, besides behind the neck press. I stopped benching, and my shoulder problems went away...of course in conjunction with rotator cuff/scapular stabilizer work. Benching is the least functional movement imo...hell even curls are more functional lol. Took me a while to get over not benching though.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.67%

Quote Originally Posted by BigKrabbe
    Bench pressing is far worse for shoulders and aggravating shoulder problems than any shoulder work, besides behind the neck press. I stopped benching, and my shoulder problems went away...of course in conjunction with rotator cuff/scapular stabilizer work. Benching is the least functional movement imo...hell even curls are more functional lol. Took me a while to get over not benching though.
    For the bench press (bb or db) I noticed my shoulder would be ok as long as I only went down to slightly above parallel. Were you going all the way to your chest?
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    u should give up flat bench for good. inclines are fine and declines. flat bench puts your shoulders in an unstable position.

dumbell flat presses are ok because your body will naturally shift into the correct range of motion. your body cant do that with a barbell
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKrabbe View Post

True. Dumbbell flat bench is fine though.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.25%

True. Dumbbell flat bench is fine though.
    I've been doing exclusively dumbell work on everything but squats and shrugs, My shoulders used to kill me. Now knock on wood, my chest is better than ever and shoulders are pain free, no Jointforce required which is good it leaves more for my elbows.

9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

I've been doing exclusively dumbell work on everything but squats and shrugs, My shoulders used to kill me. Now knock on wood, my chest is better than ever and shoulders are pain free, no Jointforce required which is good it leaves more for my elbows.
    Same here except I don't do any shoulder work. Well, I tried doing it and it brought the pain back so I stopped but now I'm sick again. I'm just getting used to getting sick every 6 weeks or so.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.83%

T-bone, just to echo much of what's been already said in this thread. I was plagued by shoulder issues for quite awhile until I started doing shoulder rehab work. If you google "shoulder rehab" you'll find a ton of information out there on it... both exercises and stretches. I would recommend dedicating an entire workout to this type of work at least once a week, and maybe finishing up every workout with a small amount of it, to help strengthen, balance, and stabilize the entire shoulder carriage, i.e. scapula, rotator cuff muscles, and the work that the pecs, lats and delts do to stabilize and retract/protract the shoulder complex.

I almost gave up flat barbell bench due to shoulder problems, but after doing extensive rehab work (and I still do prehab periodically) I was able to keep the exercise. Of course, now that I read this thread, I think I may start to focus on incline more as I'm getting older and it's probably time I smarten up even more, but you get the idea. Once you have stability, JointForce can be your best friend in dealing with any inflammation that arises from aggravation.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

I know this thread is old but you should do rotators cuff exercise. they don't get stronger doing military press or anything else.
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

The same shoulder pain is back and its pretty bad this time. Still don't do direct shouler work, but I did start training at a new gym, and of course the equipment is a bit different. The benches I use for flat dumbbell bench feel like they are closer to floor. Well the adjustable one is, and I use that sometimes. The one that isn't adjustable is higher up though. Both of them though it seems are much more narrow. It's been about three days since I've had this pain again. Yesterday I could barely lift my left hand without pain. I woke up this morning and felt better though. Pain is almost gone. I was gonna take a week off this week though to rest the area. Last week I just pushed through the pain the entire week.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.88%

As much as you probably hear this already ICE and rest it brother! Sleeper stretch, wall slides, foam roll, theracane, treat yourself to a few massages. Sounds like you could have a deeper issue though. If you have a good insurance I'd suggest an MRI maybe? Shoulder pain is so damn annoying, every now and then I will get over zealous and try something I know I shouldn't (flat benching, heavy inclining, every once in a great moon a fly) and pay for it for a few weeks. I have noticed that narrower benches tend to aggravate my shoulders more for whatever reason. Do you use hammer strength at all?
  14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

I don't have any joint force this time around though. Cissus though I'm double dosing. I'll have to look up those stretches but I'd rather just leave it be. Not sure what "Hammer Strength" is. I googled it and first result was life fitness gym equipment. Also got some type of strength and conditioning clinics called "Hammer Strength" for high school kids and college kids to I guess develop themselves properly for sports.
    S.N.S. Rep

15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Been also having trouble walking today. Don't have a doctor since I moved, considering going to walk in clinic. Hope I don't waste my time.
    S.N.S. Rep

16. mw1
    Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jomtos View Post
    I know this thread is old but you should do rotators cuff exercise. .
    Agreed-some simple PT is definitely worth a try

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Wasted my time at the walk in clinic. No answers and they refered me to the emergency room. This is why I try to avoid going to the doctor, they can never give me an answer and nothing is ever really resolved.
    S.N.S. Rep

18. mw1
    Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Wasted my time at the walk in clinic. No answers and they refered me to the emergency room. This is why I try to avoid going to the doctor, they can never give me an answer and nothing is ever really resolved.
    Ive usually dont have luck with walk in clinics

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post

Cheaper than the ER though. I figured I should go though since I'm having trouble walking. Don't know about going to the ER though. Wouldn't want to waste more time and more money only to not know what is going or figure out its just psychological or something.
    S.N.S. Rep

20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

So I went to the ER, got bloodwork and an MRI. Five hours of my life wasted and they couldn't find anything wrong. Still can't walk right and legs feeling heavy/numb. I should refuse to pay the bill. What a waste.
    S.N.S. Rep

21. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

So I went to the ER, got bloodwork and an MRI. Five hours of my life wasted and they couldn't find anything wrong. Still can't walk right and legs feeling heavy/numb. I should refuse to pay the bill. What a waste.
    Sounds like a nerve issue if you ask me. Something blood work abd ab MRI most likely wouldnt show.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  22. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.27%

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    they suck
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Sounds like a nerve issue if you ask me. Something blood work abd ab MRI most likely wouldnt show.

You would think the doctors would have been able to figure that out. Both the doctor at walk in clinic and the ER doctor had no clue what was wrong. Sent packing with the same symptoms I came in with. People were staring at me while I was "walking" in the parking lot. Its ridiculous, this morning I fell down in my apartment. So hopefully it will just go away...Not about to spend more money on any other doctor.
    S.N.S. Rep

24. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Don't think I should be dealing with this crap at 41 years of age.
    S.N.S. Rep

25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.25%

Sorry about that man, it works that way for me. What kind of difficulty are you having walking? The shoulder I would rest a couple weeks and see how it feels

26. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Sorry about that man, it works that way for me. What kind of difficulty are you having walking? The shoulder I would rest a couple weeks and see how it feels

Legs feel very weak and heavy, it's like lifting my legs to walk feels like pushing off from the bottom of a squat each time. It's like they are dead weight or something.
    S.N.S. Rep

27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Now I have all these medical bills with no answer or diagnosis. Why is it that in the medical industry they can get away with this?. I mean come on, if you went to bring your car to your mechanic because it wouldn't start or something and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, they wouldn't be charging you for it right?. Maybe a small diagnostic fee but that depends where you go.
    S.N.S. Rep

28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

I don't know what to do at this point really. Hasn't improved any during the day at all...Gotta get back to the gym. Hasn't even been a week yet, that I was gonna take off for the shoulder and now this.
    S.N.S. Rep

29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.25%

You you ever been checked for MS? Have you had tingling feelings or electric shock like feelings?

30. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

You you ever been checked for MS? Have you had tingling feelings or electric shock like feelings?

Yes tingling in the legs, but the Doctor I talked to talked to me about that and said he ruled that out.
    S.N.S. Rep

31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.88%

A guy I used to work with who was at one point a national level heavyweight NPC competitor. He had the same issue..started with shoulder pain, then moved to arm and leg numbness/tingling. I by no means want to freak you out, but his issue after a lot of faulty diagnoses was calcification of one of his cervical spine openings, causing his spinal cord to be constricted. He had surgery and recovered just fine. My absolutely unprofessional opinion is that you should make an appointment with a real doctor, ask to be referred to a specialist! None of this walk in clinic bs
  32. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

A guy I used to work with who was at one point a national level heavyweight NPC competitor. He had the same issue..started with shoulder pain, then moved to arm and leg numbness/tingling. I by no means want to freak you out, but his issue after a lot of faulty diagnoses was calcification of one of his cervical spine openings, causing his spinal cord to be constricted. He had surgery and recovered just fine. My absolutely unprofessional opinion is that you should make an appointment with a real doctor, ask to be referred to a specialist! None of this walk in clinic bs
    I really don't want to spend anymore money on doctors. The guy at the ER was a real doctor, maybe not a specialist though. I'm gonna just wait this out. It seems to come and go depending on how much I sit or move around. When I woke up today I had thought it went away but as the day progressed the symptoms re-appeared. It seems to be worse after sitting down in front of the computer for a while. Then again it seems to get worse with how much I move around. For instance if I go for a walk, just from the bedroom to my mailbox, right outside my door, walking starts out fine but by 3/4 of the way to the mailbox I can't keep my legs straight and am dragging my feet, with knees bent. So its like I run out of normal strength extremely quickly.

To me at this point it seems better to just wait it out and see if it goes away rather spend money I don't have on doctors that can't do anything for me except run more expensive tests. Even if it does go away I'm still a bit upset that no one could tell me the cause it what it actually is/was.
    S.N.S. Rep

33. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Was pretty stiff this morning again and fell again. Still hoping this will clear up on its own.
    S.N.S. Rep

34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.88%

Best wishes T-bone. The medical care you've received is definitely a disservice. Do you have medical insurance?
  35. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Best wishes T-bone. The medical care you've received is definitely a disservice. Do you have medical insurance?

I do have medical insurance but it's only gonna cover something like 70% of the ER visit. Not sure exactly how much it will cover.
    S.N.S. Rep

36. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

I noticed today Caffeine seems to help mitigate my symptoms.
    S.N.S. Rep

37. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Truth, I definitely noticed an electric shock type feeling in my legs yesterday shortly before I feel down. It was weird because I felt pretty good and then standing by the sink washing my hands all of sudden felt like I got an electric shock to my legs. Finished washing my hands and fell. Got up and felt pretty good for the first half of the day.

Forgot what day that was. Today I woke up with pretty bad trouble walking and it's lasted throughout the whole day today so far. I had been on a Versa-1 cycle while I noticed this. I think Versa-1 might be masking the symptoms somewhat though, because today I decided to skip my dose and it seems worse. I also notice things seems to get better if I have caffeine. A pre-workout or a strong cup of coffee can temporarily mitigate symptoms.
    S.N.S. Rep

38. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

Maybe I should start a new thread on this.
    S.N.S. Rep

39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.25%

I have had the electric shocks in my legs but not the weakness. I probably should go to the doctor but the symptoms are very intermittent. My shocks are not like tingles, they literally feel like am being shocked, like you grabbed a power cord

40. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%

I have had the electric shocks in my legs but not the weakness. I probably should go to the doctor but the symptoms are very intermittent. My shocks are not like tingles, they literally feel like am being shocked, like you grabbed a power cord
    Yeah with intermittent problems it really isn't worth going to the doctor. All they are gonna do is run more expensive tests...My symptoms have be both consistent and intermittent. Say if I rest for a bit with no pressure on my feet, like laying down or sitting down with my feet up I'm fine for a while. It really depends on the way I position myself I guess. One day I get and I'm fine at first, but as time goes on later in the day I will feel the weakness and not be able to stand up straight.

Other days I wake up and my legs are all stiff and I can't straighten my legs and if I move to fast I'll fall down.

It also seems to depend on how much I exercise. Just sitting here in a small apartment and avoiding the gym because of this I don't get much.

So, I mean unless this whatever it is disables me enough so I need someone to carry me to my car to get to the hospital, I don't think I'm gonna go back to the doctor.
    S.N.S. Rep

Similar Forum Threads

1. How to use joint force?
    By criticalbench in forum E-Pharm Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 11:10 AM
  2. How many x per day do you use Joint Force?
    By DCbuilder in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 02:15 PM
  3. Joint Force and Fatigue
    By FreakPeak in forum E-Pharm Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 01:58 PM
  4. Thanks for Joint Force
    By subweevil in forum E-Pharm Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
  5. Joint Force availability?