ursobolic -dosage

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
The minimum dosage of this product is 3 caps x 3 per day equalling nine -hence one bottle will last about 12 days.

I am curious to know how this dosage was arrived at .Could results for example be acheived taking less over a longer period.

Putting the number of caps you get for the price you pay (here in the UK about £18 ), it seems a good deal but when you go into it deeper maybe its not as 2 bottles will be required to last a month.

If the dosage was increased as is suggested to a max of 6 x 3 per day , then it becomes in my view out of the question

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
The minimum dosage of this product is 3 caps x 3 per day equalling nine -hence one bottle will last about 12 days.

I am curious to know how this dosage was arrived at .Could results for example be acheived taking less over a longer period.

Putting the number of caps you get for the price you pay (here in the UK about £18 ), it seems a good deal but when you go into it deeper maybe its not as 2 bottles will be required to last a month.

If the dosage was increased as is suggested to a max of 6 x 3 per day , then it becomes in my view out of the question

the dosage was arrived at based on extrapolating the data from the U of Iowa study,.

Unfortunately the information on this compound in regards to dose and efficacy is too sparse for me to be able to answer your questions with much certainty

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
the dosage was arrived at based on extrapolating the data from the U of Iowa study,.

Unfortunately the information on this compound in regards to dose and efficacy is too sparse for me to be able to answer your questions with much certainty
Thanks for the reply.please could you provide a link to the study.

From what you say it implies that no athletes/bodybuilders were used as test cases taking doses of various amounts to see what results were encountered before the product was released to the general public.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
the study is here

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21641545

as for your second question, the answer is yes. it was released to the public and the public is figuring out what the correct dose is. I could have done one of those silly "beta test" things but it would have been nothing but a joke.

if this was a stimulant ingredient, or something that has an immediate and well defined response in subjects, then i could (and would) have done such a dose finding experiment. But since this is an ingredient which results in gradual body composition effects i would need a ton of people and i would need to follow these people doing body comp testing and all that. you are looking at ridiculously expensive and time consuming process. If people are willing to pay three times as much for the product, and not buy cheaper knock offs when they come out, then hey its something to consider. But thats not reality

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
the study is here

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21641545

as for your second question, the answer is yes. it was released to the public and the public is figuring out what the correct dose is. I could have done one of those silly "beta test" things but it would have been nothing but a joke.

if this was a stimulant ingredient, or something that has an immediate and well defined response in subjects, then i could (and would) have done such a dose finding experiment. But since this is an ingredient which results in gradual body composition effects i would need a ton of people and i would need to follow these people doing body comp testing and all that. you are looking at ridiculously expensive and time consuming process. If people are willing to pay three times as much for the product, and not buy cheaper knock offs when they come out, then hey its something to consider. But thats not reality
did you have access to the full study , the abstract is too vague -no info on dosage , time period ;subjects age ;whether sedentry or active individuals eg partaking in weight training Reading that gives the impression all thats required is take a capsule and hey presto! If only.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
did you have access to the full study , the abstract is too vague -no info on dosage , time period ;subjects age ;whether sedentry or active individuals eg partaking in weight training Reading that gives the impression all thats required is take a capsule and hey presto! If only.
http://www.healthcare.uiowa.edu/MSTP/New/mstp/summer/calender/Adams7-8-11.pdf

Mice were given standard chow supplemented with 0.27% ursolic acid for 5 weeks. I'm not sure how old they were. They were probably fairly active. I don't think they did a lot of weight training, but they did test grip strength using a grip strength meter equipped with a triangular pull bar.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
http://www.healthcare.uiowa.edu/MSTP/New/mstp/summer/calender/Adams7-8-11.pdf

Mice were given standard chow supplemented with 0.27% ursolic acid for 5 weeks. I'm not sure how old they were. They were probably fairly active. I don't think they did a lot of weight training, but they did test grip strength using a grip strength meter equipped with a triangular pull bar.
very funny-you ought to be on the stage -sweeping it!

going back to dosages , the nearest i can get to this from the study , is Mice were administered metformin (250 mg/kg), ursolic acid (200 mg/kg),so for an 80 kg man thats 16000mg

supplement dosage
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Ursolic Acid (from Loquat) (600 mg total extract) 150 mg **Consume 3 - 6 capsules three times a day

now unless im missing something even at max dose 18 capsules a day only comes to 10800mg total extract which fall short of that required by an 80kg man

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
STRANGELY ENOUGH the dosage calculated (total) comes to 16000 mg based on an 80 kg man which i arrived at previously(had problems copying the column headings)

Human

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Auction 7
braskibra Supplement Logs 37
Supplement Auction 1
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
liquid Supplement Auction 2