truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Sound like similar products.. thoughts?
From what I can gather its this

N-Coumaroyldopamine & N-caffeoyldopamine
Symplocos Racemosa Extract (standardized for triterpenoids

The first two are constituents of chocolate, and may be found in Chocamine, the second one from what I can gather on the web contains several glycosides and perhaps some ursolic acid. There seem to be no similarities to Ursobolic, but then I am not a chemist see the bio chemical constituents in this article

Pakistan Research RepositoryHome

Title of Thesis
BIOACTIVE CHEMICAL CONSTITUENTS OF SYMPLOCOS FACEMOSA AND COMIPHORA MUKUL
Author(s)
Muhammad Athar Abbasi
Institute/University/Department Details
H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry/ University of Karachi
Session
Subject
Chemistry
Number of Pages
Keywords (Extracted from title, table of contents and abstract of thesis)
symplocos facemosa, comiphora mukul, medicinal plant, symplocos racemosa, genus symplocos, gentisyl alcohol, burseraceae, genus commiphora
Abstract
The work embodied in this dissertation is mainly concerned with the isolation and characterization of chemical constituents from two terrestrial medicinal plants and their possible biological activities. The isolated compounds whether new or have been previously reported in the literature, were characterized by using various sophisticated spectroscopic techniques available at this institution. This dissertation is split in two parts, A and B.
Part A BIOACTIVE CHEMICAL CONSTITUENTS OF SYMPLOCOS RACEMOSA
The phytochemical investigation of Symplocos racemosa Roxb. resulted in the isolation of eight new chemical constituents, out of these, five are phenolic glycosides of salirepin series, two are C-glycosides while one is a naturally ethyl substituted glycoside. The new compounds include benzoylsalireposide (49), symploracemoside (50), symplomoside (51), I-O-ethyl brachiose-3'-acetate (52), symploveroside (53), symplososide (54), symonoside (55) and symplocomoside (56). Except compound 52, all these chemical constituents displayed inhibitory potential against snake venom phosphodiesterase I. In addition to this enzyme, 49, 54, 55, and 56 also possessed inhibitory activity against thymidine phosphorylase. Against lipoxygenase 49, 52, and 56 showed inhibition but other constituents could not be screened due to insufficient quantities, while compound 56 was also found to be a urease inhibitor. The structures of new chemical constituents are shown below:
Part B BIOACTIVE CHEMICAL CONSTITUENTS OF COMMIPHORA MUKUL
The phytochemical studies on the Commiphora mukul Engl. led to the isolation of two lignans, epiexcelsin (21) and 5'-demetaoxyepiexcelsin (22), which belong to the fused bistetrahydrofuran series and are reported for the first time from this species. These lignans displayed inhibitory potential against a-glucosidase and chymotrypsin enzymes.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Here is the Chromatogram of an ethanol extract of Symplocos Racemosa perhaps pat could shed some light on it

HPTLC analysis of ethanol extract of Symplocos racemosa

Optimized High Performance Thin Layer Chromatograme (HPTLC) of EESR at 580 nm in [Figure 1] showed the presence of total nine components with their Rf value and concentration sequentially as Rf - 0.13 (17.45%), 0.23 (37.46%), 0.42 (1.51%), 0.54 (10.82%), 0.66 (5.97%), 0.73 (3.98%), 0.77 (11.15%), 0.85 (4.73%), and 0.90 (6.93%). Component number 2 at 0.23 Rf showed maximum concentration.

As I suspected no real quantitative data on the label

warnings-directions-facts.gif

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
7 month bump.