Triazole: A different type of question for usage

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

Triazole: A different type of question for usage

I am a new member and was going to pm this question the Triazole moderators but I guess the board rules require me to have 7 posts. Instead of posting 7 arbitrary posts, I'll post my question here.

I have been reading about Triazole for days now and think I have a unique question which may have not been asked yet.

I am not a bodybuilder but a 43 year old Dad whom recently was diagnosed with low testosterone. I exercise 3x week, mainly basketball, running, tennis, etc. depending on season. My stamina has been waning for a while now

My primary Dr. put me on testosterone replacement therapy (Androgel) and I stopped after 4 months. I stopped after researching the whole hpta axis thing, negative feedback, and that testicular atrophy was my fate if I stayed on trt indefinitely .

I recently decided to try herbal therapy: tribulus, icarliin, panax ginseng, etc. and was planning to cycle it. There are other herbs that I was going to try to substitute down the road, e.g. tongkat ali, but it all seems "unproven" for real results increasing test.

So my question is this...could one use Triazole as a long term treatment for low test? I imagine that anything like this should have break periods. So what if one did 2 months "on" & 1 month "off". Then repeated indefinitely.

I'm really hoping the Driven Sports Reps (Robboe & Sldge) can read and reply to this question.

Thanks in advance.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

Upon further research on this board, I found this great pod cast link buried in a previous thread. Very informational! I guess I can throw my Tribulus away now

Also, just ordered my Triazole today! I guess I'll worry about the long term plan later

http://www.superhumanradio.com/super...ally-work.html
  3. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Looking forward to hearing how this works out for you. I am very confident you will find some rejuvenation. Do you have current blood work numbers? Will you be getting new blood tests taken?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Looking forward to hearing how this works out for you. I am very confident you will find some rejuvenation. Do you have current blood work numbers? Will you be getting new blood tests taken?
    I recently got referred to an Endocrinologist by my Primary. He wanted me to go 2 months of taking "nothing"...as I had recently quit trt (Androgel) the month prior (October 20th). On 11/23 my test was in low 300 range (equating to ~260 on comparable scale) & he wanted me to test again on 12/23...which I did. I go back this week to get those results so I'll have a good 2 months of baseline data. As of now, he feels I'm low but not low enough to justify trt...which is fine by me now knowing what that does to "the boys". On my last visit I thought that Clomid or HCG were my only two choices to try for having my body increase test on it's own. He wasn't keen on that though. (old school Dr. I guess)

Thanks to my recent research, I am extremely eager to try Triazole and/or Activate Extreme. I would love to prove to the Dr.s that there is "another way".

Robboe- What is the reason that Triazole &/or AX can't be used more than 8 weeks continuous? I know they say herbs need to be "cycled" as the body eventually builds up tolerance...maybe that is why? If that is the case, what would you think about someone like me using these products long term, switching back and forth, i.e. 2 months Triazole > 2 months AX > 2 months Triaz (repeat). Would the 2 months off each one count as the required break? (maybe even doing 1/2 dosages after the first few months?)

Remember, I'm not using solely as a pct, but hopefully as a way to maintain a higher test level indefinitely...and as an alternative to my Primary committing me to a life long fate of "raisin balls" :-0
  5. Super Lab Rat
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.46%

Quote Originally Posted by davesavvy View Post
    Upon further research on this board, I found this great pod cast link buried in a previous thread. Very informational! I guess I can throw my Tribulus away now

Also, just ordered my Triazole today! I guess I'll worry about the long term plan later

http://www.superhumanradio.com/super...ally-work.html
    You can definitely toss it.

Ok lets see if I can help cause we have gotten this question a few times in the last couple weeks from guys in your age group. I would suggest starting out with the recommended 3 cap dose just to get you to start feeling better and get test up to a normal level. Then slowly (after 3 weeks) drop to just 2 caps per day. 1 when you get up and 1 before bed. On this dose you could use Triazole longer without a break but we (DS) feel for continued optimal results its better to take breaks. When it comes to the permanent hypo group of guys my suggestion would be less time off.

For you the cycle might be like 10-12 weeks on with 7-9 of those last weeks being at 2 caps per day. Take 2-3 weeks off and start up again. At any point during your on time if you find that you are starting to regress its your body telling you its time for a quick break. If you dont then follow the cycle as listed.

Any other questions?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Sldge View Post
    You can definitely toss it.

Ok lets see if I can help cause we have gotten this question a few times in the last couple weeks from guys in your age group. I would suggest starting out with the recommended 3 cap dose just to get you to start feeling better and get test up to a normal level. Then slowly (after 3 weeks) drop to just 2 caps per day. 1 when you get up and 1 before bed. On this dose you could use Triazole longer without a break but we (DS) feel for continued optimal results its better to take breaks. When it comes to the permanent hypo group of guys my suggestion would be less time off.

For you the cycle might be like 10-12 weeks on with 7-9 of those last weeks being at 2 caps per day. Take 2-3 weeks off and start up again. At any point during your on time if you find that you are starting to regress its your body telling you its time for a quick break. If you dont then follow the cycle as listed.

Any other questions?
    That makes a lot of sense. I know from my 4 months on Androgel that morning erections is like a barometer for your test level. I definitely could tell when I was at peak test levels (around month 3) and then when I went off.

I guess I do have a few more questions...

Any contradictions to alcohol? i.e. wings/beer night with the boys...can you still take Triazole with having alcohol in your system?

Also, do you think there could be any concerns for using an anti aromatase on a long term basis? I know when i was researching Clomid, some Dr's were hesitant to prescribe more than 6 months. But then I read others were on it for years. I guess the off label usage may be disconcerting for some Drs.?

Thanks in advance.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.07%

How about 5on 2off method, that was used atleast with sustain alpha and ghenerate. Could it work long term with triazole?
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

"Any contradictions to alcohol? i.e. wings/beer night with the boys...can you still take Triazole with having alcohol in your system?"

There's no problem with mixing alcohol and Triazole. Triazole is a natural product so doesn't have any additional impact on your liver.

"Also, do you think there could be any concerns for using an anti aromatase on a long term basis? I know when i was researching Clomid, some Dr's were hesitant to prescribe more than 6 months. But then I read others were on it for years. I guess the off label usage may be disconcerting for some Drs.?"

I don't think anyone has really done any long term studies on using an anti-aromatase for several months but I would say the cycle type recommended by Sldge would be best.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I wouldn't make a long term use out of a research chem like clomid. Too many unknown sides... i.e. vision problems.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.18%

I just turned 39 yo and 2 caps per day of Triazole seems to be optimal for me. 1 AM and 1 PM. Anymore and my estrogen goes too low...but that's just my body. And if I cycle off for a week or 2, last 2 times I filled the gap with another herbal test booster....my preference is Diesel Test Hardcore because it's formula is derived from some different additives...seems to keep my body guessing...just my opinion. Then I cycled back on Triazole. But I will take a break from everything soon.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.84%

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    How about 5on 2off method, that was used atleast with sustain alpha and ghenerate. Could it work long term with triazole?
    I would try and use it everyday as Sldge has outlined. Triazole is pretty fast acting so, in my opinion, everyday seems to work best, however I am not ruling out the 5on 2off method. I'll let Matt chime in.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

Quote Originally Posted by KerplunkDS View Post
    I would try and use it everyday as Sldge has outlined. Triazole is pretty fast acting so, in my opinion, everyday seems to work best, however I am not ruling out the 5on 2off method. I'll let Matt chime in.
    At some point I'm thinking 2 caps a day would work well. I like the idea of 5-on/2-off as it seems like a better way to "maintain" than to cycle off for 4 weeks straight.

I'm 6 days in on 4 caps/day and not really feeling any different. I was planning to go to 3 caps tomorrow but now not so sure.

Similar Forum Threads

1. question about HCG usage
    By mr3000 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 08:34 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 09:39 AM
  3. Testopro question re: usage
    By Willpower100 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 01:45 PM
  4. Nolvadex Usage Question