Tri Andro Log

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
This log will cover my 7 week cycle of 1 Andro, 4 Ando, and Epi Andro.

Cycle start date: 4/13/18
Duration: 7 weeks
1 Andro: 300mg/day
4 Andro: 200mg/day
Epi Andro: 450mg/day
Goal: Recomp
Diet: Modified Keto with IF 10/14
Fat: 60-65%
Protein: 25-30%
Carb: 5% (Net carbs)
Weight: 206
Goal Weight: 195
BF: Need to test
Workouts: 5x/6x 45-60 min alternating total body HIIT
*************** 2X “each” muscle group
******************************* Legs
******************************* Biceps
******************************* Triceps
******************************* Shoulders
******************************* Chest
******************************* Back
******************************* Abs – 1x
Support Supplements:
Protein – ON Protein Energy
Cycle Support – Iron Labs
BCAA – Vaxxen Labs
Keto1 – Vaxxen Labs
Pre – Looking for recommendations
******************************* Currently Jacked 3D - unimpressed
PCT: Nolvadex (liquid tamox)
*************** Need OTC PCT – Looking for recommendations
******************************* Vaxxen Descend is at the top of my list as of now.
I’ve ran several PH cycles that include: 1 Andro, 4 Andro, Epistane, Stano, and before the ban of ’05 Mass Tabs and Mass Caps.* This will be my 1st Tri Andro.
I’ve tried many different lifting routines and schedules, I know that many of you will disagree with my choice of total body HIIT but (hopefully) you’ll see from my progress over the next 2 months that it works contrary to the classic 2 days of rest for each body part trained.
Looking forward to hearing your opinions about anything I’ve decided to go with here.* Criticism is more than welcome.* I will be posting weekly at a minimum that will include: Meals, brief workout reviews, sleep patterns (based on Motiv ring) and progress pics.*
Let the fun begin!

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Saturday – day 1
No workout
Carbs were higher than I’d like. Couldn’t say no to Pizza.

Sunday – day 2
No workout

Monday – day 3
Coffee with MCT oil
ON OptiBar 20g Protein, 10 net carbs
45 min workout – all below are sets of 12
DB Curls – 30x1, 35x3
Abs (always 3X50)
Incline Bench 135x2, 155x3
Pull downs 90x1, 95x1, 100x1 (one of the pull down machines I believe has 1 less pulley, 90 feels the same as 150)
Cable Tri extensions V bar – 100x3
BB preacher curl – 80x3
Seated DB shoulder press – 50x1, 55x2
Seated row semi narrow – 150x3
Standing BB shoulder press – 100x3
Cable Tri extension rope – 70x3, 50x1
DB shrugs – 75x2
I got a kink in my back during my 3rd set of shrugs so that ended my workout
ON Protein energy + PB blended with Ice (f’in amazing) – 27g protein 6g net carbs
Starkist tuna packet (love Jalapeno flavor) 13g protein 2g net carbs
6 Eggs and Chicken
Entire package of deer sticks (yes entire package)
Sleep – 6 hours 11 mintues
Resting HR – 63bpm

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Pic1 - April 1
Pic2 - April 17

Obviously its too soon for the Andro to have kicked in so im happy with progess from diet and routine
20180418_074757.jpg
20180418_074624.jpg

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why light weight/low reps? Im not understanding your workout template.

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Great question! Couple reasons, 1 is an attempt to keep HR up by minimizing rest. In order for me to get 396 total reps + Abs in 45 min (Mondays workout) I can't take my muscles to a point of exhaustion. 2 my routine is based on a concept of working every muscle group 2 a day 5/6 days a week. By limiting the daily damage to the fibers I'm limiting the needed recovery time. 3 reason for keeping HR up is I do not do cardio in any way shape or form. Now I don't know how long I will be able to continue neglecting that but i've been able to so far.

And yes, I understand the many health benefits of cardio beyond fat loss and I know that I will have to add that into my routine sooner than later.

I also completely understand that this is pretty much a$$ backwards from anything you've read. I just know my body and what works for me to loose fat, increase strength and muscle mass, and prevent injury. You should the amount of weight increase over time without seeing a drop in reps. Example is yesterdays work out. I increased bench and pull down weight. Not dramatically but I did increase it.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I train high intensity every single gym session myself. I never rest beyond 60 secons between sets. I typically do 26-28 sets in 45 minutes. Never exceed 60 minutes in gym. Cardio I do at home on bicycle or sprints.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Im in, ran tri andro last year and it leaned me up and hardened everything - with your base you should look mint by the end of this.....

Pwo id take all the epiandro (i ran it at 700 to be fair but all pwo) - awesome

If that doesnt float your boat hydrazine is by far the best ive used.

Your pct is covered with a serm but m-test would be a solid natty test booster with reduce x t for cortisol.

Have a good run bro

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Whisky - what did you like about taking the epi pre? Did you get a noticeably better pump? And long before workout did you take it?

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Quick update:
Tuesday – day 4
Coffee with MCT oil
55 min workout – all below are sets of 12
DB Curls – 30x1, 35x3
Abs (always 3X50)
Incline Bench 175, 155x3
Pull downs 100x3 (one of the pull down machines I believe has 1 less pulley, 90 feels the same as 150)
BB preacher curl – 80x3
DB shrugs – 75x3
Squats - 155x3
Lunges
ON Protein energy + PB – 27g protein 6g net carbs
2x Starkist tuna packet 13g protein 2g net carbs
MCT oil + water
6 Eggs and venison
almonds
Sleep – 6 hours 22 mintues
Resting HR – 64bpm

Wednesday - day 5
Coffee with MCT oil
Workout: Retweaked back during warm ups, more severe than mondays. Was not able to work out
20 min chair massage
Chiro for adjustment
Venison Summer sausage
Eggs and brats
Didn't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time for a total of 2 hours
Resting HR – 64bpm

Thursday - Day 6
Back kept me from doing anything, spent day laying on basement floor and slept
No workout
Diet also kinda fell apart - For some reason I convinced myself that eating crap would make me feel better
2 PB&J sandwiches
Some of my daughters animal crackers
Strawberry pop tart
Rice, ground beef, and green beans for dinner

Friday - Day 7
Back still hurts
no real appetite as of 11:50am cst. Probably a result of all the carbs from yesterday
Unfortunately no work out again - basically 3rd day in a row
Chiro adjustment
Plan to do stretching later

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Whisky - what did you like about taking the epi pre? Did you get a noticeably better pump? And long before workout did you take it?
The aggression and focus in the gym. I personally used to feel it kick in within 5 minutes so used to take it just before I started warming up.......

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
What is the rep range you are doing? Seems like it would be hard to track any strength gains from this cycle.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is the rep range you are doing? Seems like it would be hard to track any strength gains from this cycle.
I don’t think there would be any honestly. Due to injury and the current training template there’s just no actual stimulus for Strength gain. I’d venture to say atrophy would be more present than anything.

How’s the back holding up?

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Apologize for lack of posting/replying. Thanks to 210 and Movement for joining.

Addressing the question of strength gains
With my lifting structure the only way I can think of to measure strength increase is to calculate my 1rm based on my 3x12 weight. I know that is a very loose measure but it’ll give some idea.

Full disclosure (probably shouldn’t even type this): I’m not as interested in the strength as I am the recomp. Outside of my duties as a volunteer firefighter, nothing in my everyday life requires more strength than I already have – I’m a data analyst, and take on side remodels here and there. My hobbies (other than the gym) are golf, fishing, and I play softball and volleyball occasionally. I know that my lifting numbers are less than impressive but remember that I’m working under the theory of less fiber stress and higher frequency. I am by no means gassed after my workouts and that’s kind of by design – my job is boring as f*** so I don’t want to fall asleep at my desk haha. I’m probably causing a number of jaw drops with my comment about not being as interested in strength but this log is really just to show anyone in their early 30’s that $150-$200 bucks and 8 weeks can give your body a nice facelift. And for myself I want to see how quickly (or hopefully not) the gains dissipate. So this log will continue for a min of 8 weeks post cycle.

I came across an interesting article (well it was emailed to me Monday) about lifting frequency
I guess I cant post links because I don't have high enough rep - making a new profile instead of trying to figure out my old password was a bad decision after all.. Anyway if your interested in the post just google: onnit academy how often should you lift

Saturday – Day 8
Continued rest, back still tight

Sunday – Day 9
Light workout to test back
Arms, Chest, and Shoulders

Monday – Day 10
Back feels ok after light workout
Coffee with MCT oil
Chiro adjustment
45 min workout – all below are sets of 12
DB Curls – 30x3
Abs (always 3X50)
Incline Bench 135x2, 175x3
Pull downs 150x3
BB preacher curl – 80x3
Standing BB shoulder press – 90x3
DB shrugs – 75x3
Squats - 185x3
Lunges
Protein Shake
2x tuna packet
Protein Bar
MCT oil + water
Salad and Chicken
Almonds
Beef sticks
Sleep – 6 hours 30 minutes
Resting HR – 61bpm

Tuesday – Day 11
Back was tight when I work up. Loosened up once I got up and moving
50 min workout
DB Curls – 35x3
Abs
flat Bench 135x2, 225x3
Pull downs 150x3
Cable Tri extensions V bar – 110x3
BB preacher curl – 80x3
Seated DB shoulder press – 55x3
Seated row wide – 140x3
DB shrugs – 75x3
Sleep –5 hours 50 minutes
Resting HR – 62bpm

Wednesday – Day 12
Feel good today, really good, can’t wait for workout.
Keto1 seems to be emptying out the system. Anyone else taken it? Curious if that’s “normal”

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Thursday Day 12
I can definitely feel the Andro has kicked in. Muscles feel fuller and harder and appetite and libido are through the roof. Those typically go hand and hand tho haha.. Mood has also elevated. I’m not sure if it was just my back hurting and missing gym time or my hormone status starting to change but about 5 days prior to yesterday I was feeling a little sh**y. Best way I can explain it was mopy and depressing. Weather could also have something to do with that I guess. We finally don’t have snow in the forecast!

Workout was fantastic everything felt great and incline bench felt really light sets were 135, 185, 205, 225, 135. 10, 11 , and 12 rep were more of a struggle with the 225 than I like but felt good to get 2 plates on that again.

Friday Day 13
I feel even better than I did yesterday. Down 2 lbs but feel stronger. I’ll post an updated pic this weekend as well as my Friday workout.
Off to the Chiro

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
225lbs for 12 reps on incline bench? That's awesome bro! Of course the last few reps are going to be a struggle that's a serious lift! That's probably more than I can do. Not that I'm the king of weightlifting or anything... just saying it's a great lift.

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Yea i was real happy with it. Generally dont go heavy but I just felt so good I coundnt stop haha

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Yea i was real happy with it. Generally dont go heavy but I just felt so good I coundnt stop haha
Good for you man. You still need to remain cautious though. I've had a small pain in my right shoulder that I keep aggravating on my incline benching. I'm going to have to make some adjustments to see if I can get it to heal.

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
This pic was post workout Friday

20180427_122034_resized.jpg

Saturday - Day 14
No workout but did a 16' fireplace remodel using stone veneer. 12 hours all in, I was spent

Sunday Day 15
My legs were sore from the constant up and down on the ladder.. so sore.

Monday Day 16
Good workout. Legs were still sore so I didn't do anything there. Lifts were steady with an increase in DB curls to 35 and tri ext rope to 80

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Didnt have time to update last week, it was crazy between my work and my wife being out of town.

I missed tuesdays workout otherwise everything else consistent

Should note that my shoulders were really sore last week. Probably due to increasing incline too fast.

I will be posting a 1/2 way review shortly. Really looking forward to results in the next 4 weeks

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Subbed, in on this brother. I can already see visual differences in your starting pics and the one last posted..

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Late in posting this, I’m not sure where these last 2 weeks went but at least I’m still getting my workouts in.

After 4 weeks of this tri andro cycle I can definitely feel that I have hardened up and my strength has increase quite a bit. I don’t feel like I have put on much for size but I’m getting more defined. My mood has been great after the first 2 weeks or so, I wake up and just feel ready to tackle the day. My back has been getting kinks, like deep knots that send shooting pain when you move a certain way, but not enough to keep me from my workouts like the 1st one did. I’m continuing to go to the chiro and it definitely feels better for 3-4 days after. I read a lot of post where guys talked about back pumps, I never really understood what they were talking about but maybe that’s what I’m experiencing. Have any of you had that? I’d be curious to hear your feedback. Even tho my routine isn’t built for great strength increases I can say forsure that I’m stronger than I was 4 weeks ago, even stronger than I was last week. I’m going through my routine almost effortless. Some notable increases are my bench (225-2X12), DB curls (40 3x12), and seated row (200 3x12). I’ve noticed some significant soreness in my shoulders, hips, and elbows. Thankfully my knees have not been sore – bad sore not the good kind. I’ve increase my MCT and Fish oil intake and that seems to be helping. Since I’m getting through my workouts faster I’ve added im some more core work focusing on my oblique and lower back fat (cant think of tech term for that). I’m really looking to tighten up the mid-section in the 2nd ½ of my cycle. I don’t think I’ll be able to get as tight as I was in my profile pic but I want to get as close as I can. My appetite has been absolutely through the roof, I just can’t get full. To help with that I’ve starting to take in a lot more water and random scoops of PB tend to hold me over for the couple hours In-between meals. I’m taking in roughly 3000 cal on workout days and 2500 on rest days. Carbs have been no higher than 30 and sugars probably haven’t passed 25. I’m really liking this modified Keto, I was concerned about not being able to avoid bread because I love sandwiches and pizza but I’ve survived. If anyone is interested in a really interesting podcast on that diet have a listen to JRE#994 with Dom D’Agostino.

Thanks for the read, I will hopefully get back to my bi weekly posting next week. I’ve also put together a current before/after so you can judge for yourself.
half way.png

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Corpkiller - hairline is good, no issues there at all

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Irritating shoulder pain had forced me to move my bench and shoulder press to isolated machines. All the press machines at my gym have the 2 grips out and in. I can go as heavy as I want with the inside stright grip but the outside grip causes some discomfort. Anyone else experience anything like that? Curious what you did to remody.. and hopefully not just rest.

Other than that I feel great. I had a bad cheat day saturday that consisted of enough pizza to feed a small family. Luckly my weight didnt take a hit but i still feel bloted. Im really holding on to alot of water.

Plan is to hit it hard this week because I have my buddies batchlor party in Nashville this weekend. Luckly ive scoped out the hotels gym and its pretty solid. Thatll be the end of any sort of poor diet for the remainder of the cycle

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shoulder impengement probably. Do 3 to 4 sets of rear delt flys with lighter weight 12 rep range before any bench press movements.

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Shoulder impengement probably. Do 3 to 4 sets of rear delt flys with lighter weight 12 rep range before any bench press movements.
Ill do that tomorrow and let ya know how it works out

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Subbed in for this

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
No real updates, got back into my routine and diet after the weekend. Shoulder is still sore, warming up with Flys unfortunately didn't get the job done. I can forsure tell its getting better so no long term damage or issues. I plan on sticking with the chest press and shoulder press machine thru sunday and Monday I will again give the BB and DB a go.

I think my body has adjusted to the andro, I no longer feel that euphoria. That's to be expected tho, if you experience anything for enough time your body gets used to it. Appitetite and libio and still flying high however.

I'm attempting to cut cals a bit to try and really tighten up the midsection. I think that has a lot to do with my strength plateau (for lack of a better term). Don't get my wrong tho I'm definitely happy with my strength gains especially since that wasn't the focus of this cycle.

I need to order an otc pct (have liquid tamox). Specifically looking for a natty test booster. In the past i've used Activate extreme and loved it but that was years ago before they changed the formula to the current garbage. I've also used bsn aromavex and evo test, not impressed there. Anyone have anything they feel truly has some impact? Anyone have any recommendations?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No real updates, got back into my routine and diet after the weekend. Shoulder is still sore, warming up with Flys unfortunately didn't get the job done. I can forsure tell its getting better so no long term damage or issues. I plan on sticking with the chest press and shoulder press machine thru sunday and Monday I will again give the BB and DB a go.

I think my body has adjusted to the andro, I no longer feel that euphoria. That's to be expected tho, if you experience anything for enough time your body gets used to it. Appitetite and libio and still flying high however.

I'm attempting to cut cals a bit to try and really tighten up the midsection. I think that has a lot to do with my strength plateau (for lack of a better term). Don't get my wrong tho I'm definitely happy with my strength gains especially since that wasn't the focus of this cycle.

I need to order an otc pct (have liquid tamox). Specifically looking for a natty test booster. In the past i've used Activate extreme and loved it but that was years ago before they changed the formula to the current garbage. I've also used bsn aromavex and evo test, not impressed there. Anyone have anything they feel truly has some impact? Anyone have any recommendations?
M test is decent

Vector has a lot of hype right now - might be worth a shout

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Decided to go with Kingsblood and Testify from olympus labs for otc pct.

7 days left of this cycle. Ill post my final review with before/after pics either Monday June 4 or Tues June 5

AC10986

AC10986

Awards
Are you taking 3 or 4 tabs a day of tri andro?
Im not taking the product "tri andro", im taking 1, 4, and epi individually.

Dosage:
1- 300mg/day
4 - 200mg/day
Epi - 450mg/day