Helladrol Recomp vs. Bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
So I'm starting a Helladrol cycle on January 1st, my first cycle was in september I gained 15 pounds of lbm and kept it all. Im currently 165 ~13-14% bf(just a guestimate, dont have a caliper)

I want to put on mass, as does everyone, but I feel like if i recomped, to stay around the same weight but lose bf, that I would look better in the mirror at 165 10% bf then lets say 175-180 15%. I guess it's not about the scale but how you look to yourself.

I heard Helladrol is great for recomping and was wondering a few things.

-Even though I will be having a calorie deficit some days, how much less muscle would I gain on the cycle then if I were to full out bulk. A few pounds? Or is it more dentrimental to gains then I thought?

-Is gaining ~10 lbs of lbm and losing 5 lbs of fat on a 6 week cycle sound reasonable?

-What is the best way to go about recomping as far as training goes?

I was thinking

Monday-chest bi
Tuesday-cardio & abs
Wednesday-back
Thursday-cardio
Friday-legs
Saturday-shoulders&tris
Sunday-cardio or off day

Cardio would probably be a mix of HIIT and Low intensity training.

I would assume around 3300 cals on build days(lifting days) and 2000 cals on burn days(cardio days).

My diet is clean and in check. I cheat sometimes but who doesn't, I try most days to keep it 100% clean.

How does this sounds to you guys? Just looking for some opinions and advice on recomping before I start this cycle on the 1st.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So I'm starting a Helladrol cycle on January 1st, my first cycle was in september I gained 15 pounds of lbm and kept it all. Im currently 165 ~13-14% bf(just a guestimate, dont have a caliper)

I want to put on mass, as does everyone, but I feel like if i recomped, to stay around the same weight but lose bf, that I would look better in the mirror at 165 10% bf then lets say 175-180 15%. I guess it's not about the scale but how you look to yourself.

Not only that, but people will view you differently than you see yourself.

I heard Helladrol is great for recomping and was wondering a few things.

-Even though I will be having a calorie deficit some days, how much less muscle would I gain on the cycle then if I were to full out bulk. A few pounds? Or is it more dentrimental to gains then I thought?

Honestly it's going to be different for everyone. Just depends on how you respond. If you're recomping I don't think it'll be that detrimental.

-Is gaining ~10 lbs of lbm and losing 5 lbs of fat on a 6 week cycle sound reasonable?

Depends on how well you respond. Is it possible? Yes. Your diet and cardio will have to be on lock. No distractions.

-What is the best way to go about recomping as far as training goes?

Training should be no different any time of the year IMO. I always train hard, heavy, and with as much volume as I can handle.

I was thinking

Monday-chest bi
Tuesday-cardio & abs
Wednesday-back
Thursday-cardio
Friday-legs
Saturday-shoulders&tris
Sunday-cardio or off day

Train however you want man...you might have to step it up on the cardio unless you have a fast metabolism

Cardio would probably be a mix of HIIT and Low intensity training.

I would assume around 3300 cals on build days(lifting days) and 2000 cals on burn days(cardio days).

Don't assume; plug your numbers into a calculator and get precise numbers. Remember to adjust for weight loss/gain.

My diet is clean and in check. I cheat sometimes but who doesn't, I try most days to keep it 100% clean.

How does this sounds to you guys? Just looking for some opinions and advice on recomping before I start this cycle on the 1st.
Sounds good to me (see bolded above). I would dose it at 100mg per day. Just my opinion. Be sure to get some HCGen for your PCT and some N2guard for cycle support.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks set up well to me too bro. 100mg of Helladrol is pretty sweet too. You should cut up real nice and add some decent LBM with your diet in check. Good luck bro ;)

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
idk about losing 5 and picking up 10 but im sure you could lose 3-4 and pick up 5-7.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good guys I appreciate all the info. I have cycle assist instead of N2Guard, and PCT consists of clomid daa and erase so I wont be picking up any HCGen but I should be fine. Gymrat yeah you are probably right, I might just focus on the bulking part more then the fatloss part to put on a few more lbs of lbm. I think ill be running at 75/75/75/75/100/100. Probably start going up to 100 a little earlier to finish off the bottle.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
just do 100 stright threw
I know you guys a firm believers of running it at 100 straight through. I appreciate the advice, but many many people have had success with
75mg though and I'm just gonna have to see how my body responds before I ramp it up to quickly. You guys give great advice though thanks for everything.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
ok, start @ 75, you ll be at 100 in no time tho.....hella/halo has zero sides pretty much. well if you use cycle support.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Not to bring back this thread, but didn't feel like posting a new one, what do you guys think of ordering some Transaderm to add to my helladrol cycle. Currently Day 7 at 75mg, was thinking it might give a little more gains and combat lethargy. I wonder how fast it would get here.. I'd like to run it for at least 4 weeks if I do order it.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to bring back this thread, but didn't feel like posting a new one, what do you guys think of ordering some Transaderm to add to my helladrol cycle. Currently Day 7 at 75mg, was thinking it might give a little more gains and combat lethargy. I wonder how fast it would get here.. I'd like to run it for at least 4 weeks if I do order it.

I think its a great idea. If you order from NTBM it usually only takes 2-3 business days to get to your door. Transaderm is a great test base to add to any PH cycle for libido and lethargy issues.

If you decide to get some, use the discount code needto139 and get 15% off ;)

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
get the transderm.....use a low dose AI with it

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
get the transderm.....use a low dose AI with it
I have a bottle of Cel Labs Formestane, would that be ok? What would be the point of low dose AI, and how low of dose?

Thanks

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
I think its a great idea. If you order from NTBM it usually only takes 2-3 business days to get to your door. Transaderm is a great test base to add to any PH cycle for libido and lethargy issues.

If you decide to get some, use the discount code needto139 and get 15% off ;)

Thanks man, I think I am gonna order some today, should be here by day 14 minimum, then run it for 4 weeks until cycle ends. How long until you feel transaderm kick in?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, I think I am gonna order some today, should be here by day 14 minimum, then run it for 4 weeks until cycle ends. How long until you feel transaderm kick in?
I noticed it in 3-4 days. My appetite def went up.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I noticed it in 3-4 days. My appetite def went up.
I would agree with that too. Appetite increase and water retention came on within a few days. The low dose AI will take care of some of the water retention and bloat. Your formestane will be fine for that. I would start at half recommended dose and adjust as needed ;)

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good guys, Thanks!

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I have a bottle of Cel Labs Formestane, would that be ok? What would be the point of low dose AI, and how low of dose?

Thanks
to make sure none of the DHEA converts to estrogen. Half the normal dose will be fine. or even 40% of it.

Lankeyguy15

Awards
How did this cycle go? Im looking to try a cycle of Helladrol and would like your feed back!

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
How did this cycle go? Im looking to try a cycle of Helladrol and would like your feed back!

Overall went pretty well for being a mild compound. My strength went up quite a bit. 30-40 lbs on bench 25 lbs on dumbell presses 20 lbs on shoulder press etc. I started cycle at 164 and im sitting at 175 1 week into pct. Trying to hold on to my weight and start a cut in about 3-4 weeks.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Overall went pretty well for being a mild compound. My strength went up quite a bit. 30-40 lbs on bench 25 lbs on dumbell presses 20 lbs on shoulder press etc. I started cycle at 164 and im sitting at 175 1 week into pct. Trying to hold on to my weight and start a cut in about 3-4 weeks.
Good stuff man

Lankeyguy15

Awards
Thanks man, when you looked into helladrol did you think about using beastdrol or dieselbolan? And if so what did others say about them? Im looking to run another bulk before I cut. And most I read is saying that helladrol is a cut, and I have already run a p-mag cycle. So I want something that will give me some good strengeth and not waste my time for the sides i might get.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
lankey it is good for cutting but you can still get mass with it, that all just depends on your diet and training routine

jhughes4

jhughes4

Awards
  • Established
Im in for this, I love hdrol, helladrol highly dosed, i always recomp well on it and feel so tight, its awesome!!

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, when you looked into helladrol did you think about using beastdrol or dieselbolan? And if so what did others say about them? Im looking to run another bulk before I cut. And most I read is saying that helladrol is a cut, and I have already run a p-mag cycle. So I want something that will give me some good strengeth and not waste my time for the sides i might get.
Just depends if you want a mild compound or a more harsh compound. Helladrol is great for strength and mild mass gain. It really comps down to diet and training. My boy dylan gained 15 lbs of lbm and lost 1% bodyfat and kept it all on helladrol as a first cycle. Its all on you! Good luck.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Im in for this, I love hdrol, helladrol highly dosed, i always recomp well on it and feel so tight, its awesome!!
Sorry bro it wasn't a log haha, already done with the cycle. :) thanks tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.