Truth about the dangers or side effects of anabolic steroids namely test.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
The research i have done( Dr. Norman Fost mainly and also Dr. Charles Yesalis) have told me that the dangers of anabolic steroids are limited and include- hair loss if genetically predisposed, acne, hair gain on chest and back, good cholesterol goes down and the bad cholesterol goes up but other than that i am not aware of many more. Lining of the heart can get calcified but this has no research to prove it that im aware of. So whats the truth??? I keep hearing from these so called steroid "GURU" doctors that steroids are horribly dangerous and cause strokes and heart attacks and all the horrible things.
Post if you have your opinions from personally research or experience. I believe that they are relatively safe(i use them) but i keep hearing all these horrible things and it scares me i guess.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol there will always be debate on this. However, if one is smart, has done their research and is in the position to use AAS, and does so correctly, the risks are minimal. Like everything else, there are always exceptions to the rule and this is no different. There are far more dangerous things out there (like Sasquatch, for one :laugh: ).

Husker89

Banned
Awards
lol there will always be debate on this. However, if one is smart, has done their research and is in the position to use AAS, and does so correctly, the risks are minimal. Like everything else, there are always exceptions to the rule and this is no different. There are far more dangerous things out there (like Sasquatch, for one :laugh: ).
I agree, the list of the far more dangerous items that are legal
tobacco, alcohol, tylenol, and thats just a start, and it is always the anti-agind doctors that say o well steroids aren't safe but if you go see me and have a presciption then they are now somehow safe lol. sasquatch lolololol

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
IMO, the risks are correlated to the dose, compounds, length of cycle (if you actually cycle off), and genetics. We can control dose, the compounds we use, and the length of a cycle. If you exercise caution then you should live a healthy life IMO. If you want to be as big and ripped as a pro then you might run into some trouble.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Well, Im a "natural" bodybuilder so I can't speak on behalf of experience. What I will say is that AAS are no more dangerous than alcohol or recreational hard drugs - the key is proper use/PCT and monitoring some key metabolic and endocrine functions. Become knowledgable in what you're doing, do it right, and don't overdo it. Of course, if you're trying to be an IFBB pro don't be suprised if you get sclerosis of the glomerulus.