after effects of aas and PH

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this: My last cycle of AAS was about two years ago but I remember after each cycle I would lose some size and strength but the worst thing was what would happen to my self esteem,I use to feel like hell and I would get depressed, really depressed. After my first cycle of PH's I took a little bit of a drop but I recovered after a couple of weeks, most gains I kept and I didnt get as depressed. Has anyone else noticed this?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Happens to me. I had a thread on this awhile back. Its really depressing, the pumps are gone, you feel like because you're "All natural" again you are not goin to make any decent gains so you feel like you're wasting your time and you knwo you cant start another cycle for the sake of your health, so you tend to give up, or "take it easy" but I have heard many stories about people continuing to get stronger immediatley after cycles, so this is what keeps me motivated to keep going....its tough.

MySoulFindsRest

Awards
YJ, I've heard you say this before about gains post cycle. So, does this mean you don't advocate cutting volume(if volume is where the intensity is)?

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this: My last cycle of AAS was about two years ago but I remember after each cycle I would lose some size and strength but the worst thing was what would happen to my self esteem,I use to feel like hell and I would get depressed, really depressed. After my first cycle of PH's I took a little bit of a drop but I recovered after a couple of weeks, most gains I kept and I didnt get as depressed. Has anyone else noticed this?
hey..hey

i did a ph cycle last spring and didnt do anything post cycle...stupid move i know...but it was my first cycle. i got depressed, and very lethargic and really didnt wannt train at all. my ignorance really caught up with me.

anyways, 6 weeks ago i completed an 8 week cycle of 1test only this time i did a post cycle stack of zma, 6oxo and kept my cals up. for about a week, i was able to lift the same weight, but didnt do as many reps. in the last three weeks, i;ve notcied my strength beginning to increase and so is my endurance so i'm doin more reps. also, i havent experienced the depression and severe lethargy like i did last year. i didnt realize how very important post cycle is. so yeah i've noticed that too when doing no post cycle therapy. hope this helps.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its normal man. I feel like crap with anti-estrogens and without them. Either way your hormones are fouled up. Takes time.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
YJ, I've heard you say this before about gains post cycle. So, does this mean you don't advocate cutting volume(if volume is where the intensity is)?
Ah sorry I took so long to find this one brother......

I personally wouldnt cut volume. After you've built up that strength and resistance, I dont understand why you would knock off some weight and sets. You've built up and gained in strength and taught your muscle fibers to resist and control that amount of weight, I cant comprehend why anyone would drop the weight. Thats like saying "Good just quads, you've went up 30lbs on squats, I'll lower the weight and do a few more reps as a reward." Some cycles, Ive continued to go up in strength afterwards. Now I became pretty sore (obviously the juice/PHs aid in recovery), but nothing I couldnt handle. If you get fatigued after you come off cycle, maybe take a day or two or even a week off, but dont drop volume unless you just can not do it anymore.

This reminds me of people upping the reps when they cut for a "Cardio like workout". Bullshit. Its obviously never occured to these people that you CAN still gain muscle mass and strength while cutting. Cutting (for me) isnt a time to relax and just drop a couple percentages of bodyfat, my goal when cutting is to add weight to my major lifts and the only way to do that is compound movements and heavy volume. Now you will fatigue faster, you will be sore from the lack of antioxidants, and overall total calories you're taking in, but its nothing unbearable.

Hope this answers some questions and I know others feel differently, but I wouldnt have it any other way.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Bump on that one Yellowjacket - I used to think thats what cutting was all about - just upping reps, doing lighter weight, etc. BULLSHIT. Go heavy or go home 24/7/365!!

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yj if you keep the same volume off and on cycle sure that makes sense i guess but if you increase volume during cycle i would definitely decrase off cycle.

Wardog promotes laying off for a week or 2(i forgot which One) i think this next cycle im gonna lay off for a week. Have you ever layed off for a week after it was mostly out of your system yj??? If so how was it in comparison?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Yj if you keep the same volume off and on cycle sure that makes sense i guess but if you increase volume during cycle i would definitely decrase off cycle.

Wardog promotes laying off for a week or 2(i forgot which One) i think this next cycle im gonna lay off for a week. Have you ever layed off for a week after it was mostly out of your system yj??? If so how was it in comparison?

Ive actually gained strength post cycle....

Ive never taken a week off after a cycle, coming off a cycle for me is motivation to see if I can not only keep my strength but maybe gain some. Post cycle I'll lift heavy and hard for 2 weeks then take 5 days off....then right back at it.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Ive actually gained strength post cycle....

Ive never taken a week off after a cycle, coming off a cycle for me is motivation to see if I can not only keep my strength but maybe gain some. Post cycle I'll lift heavy and hard for 2 weeks then take 5 days off....then right back at it.

Thanks for the response.

Strangely my strength went up on the high reps of squat post cycle butonthe low reps it stayed the same and eventually went down. As for bench press the high reps stayed the same and the lower reps went down immediately in strength.

I think part of the reason was post cycle my routine was more strength orientated then it should have been. I should have went for pure hypertrophy as your in an emergency situation and building strength at that point is not as critical as going for hypertrophy IMO

MySoulFindsRest

Awards
Thanks YJ.
Makes sense to keep training hard, but like pjorstad said if you increased volume during cycle, it's probably best to bring volume back to where it was before the cycle(but not change the weights.)

I totally agree with the views on cutting. High reps-booooo.

Andy2k

Awards
Keep training hard, take a bit of creatine for the pump, and ECA (though not at the same time:D ) to give you a boot up the ass.