LETS HEAR YOUR PRE-CYCLE RITUALS

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
WE HAVE ALL KINDS OF POST CYCLE LOGS AND SUCH, BUT WHAT TYPES OF THINGS CAN ONE DO PRE CYCLE TO MAKE THE MOST OF A CYCLE?

-Lenght of tyme off cycle
-Werkout changes
-Diet
-Supplements
-Detoxing
-and others

Just wanted to get an idea of different things, that others think(or know) will make the most of a cycle. For instance I take the 4 mo route for cycles, thats 4wks pre cycle(changes),4-6wks cycle,and most people would say that PCT should be 4wks,or as long as your cycle(will vary),and then i continue with just pre & post werkout supps(Jacked & Dark Matter) aas well as protien and other supps...

But for Pre-cycle i stop everything except food, multi's and protien, i also swap my werkout to a higher rep count(from 12,10,8,12 to 20,15,12,20) while keeping the weights as highs as i can, i also add 10min pre werkout cardio(i never do cardio). I run a detox tea(yuck)the 1st before cycle as well. Wk 3starting cycle assisting supps, as well as adding lots of "big" streching to werkouts, also starting to increase size of meals(to prepare my stomache for the demands),Wk 4 if bulking i start loading creatine, as well as carbs, i like to ramp up my carb intake(whole carbs, not simple) i think it helps with my insulin levels, but could only be in my head.I just know my body is gonna need all the energy it can get, as soon as i start popping those PILLZ. Another weird thing i tend to do is try to eliminate all lyfe problems so i can have a clear head and good mind set when i come on.

So lets hear what the rest of you guys are doing or thinks help your cycle

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
Currently I'm cutting and trying to get ahead in my schoolwork so I can focus on my cycle next month and not have to worry too much about having a heavy course load.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i find if i eliminate as many outside stressors as i can you get less irritated and have more tyme for the gym if your not running around fixing problems.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
I ALSO JUST GOT MY BLOODWERK DONE, JUST TO SEE HOW MY LEVELS ARE BEFORE I DECIDE TO START A CYCLE, POINTLESS TO START IF YOUR BODYS NOT READY.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I ALSO JUST GOT MY BLOODWERK DONE, JUST TO SEE HOW MY LEVELS ARE BEFORE I DECIDE TO START A CYCLE, POINTLESS TO START IF YOUR BODYS NOT READY.
That's a good idea. I get my liver tested at the end of my PCT, so I know if I need to run a liver assist longer or if any irreversable damage has occured.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
That's a good idea. I get my liver tested at the end of my PCT, so I know if I need to run a liver assist longer or if any irreversable damage has occured.
I found this to be the best bloodwerk to request, i stole it from another thread, sorry ROSIE,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDLMaj
What blood work do folks usually get to check how things are going post cycle?

Lipids, liver, test (all three levels), estrogen, and blood sugar? Anything I'm missing? Going to the doc this week to get things checked out, and I want to be prepared just in case he's not sure.

Thanks folks.
You would get the same bloodwork done as pre and during your cycle.

Listed below is a complete set of comprehensive bloods:

Hormonal
Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Prolactin
Leutilizing Hormone (LH)
Estradiol (E2)
Progesterone (P4)
Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate (DHEAS)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)

Kidney Function
Creatinine
Glomerular Filtration Rate (GMR)
Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
Uric Acid

Liver Function
Albumin (ALB)
Alkaline Phosphatase (ALK PHOS)
Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT or SGPT)
Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST or SGOT)
Total Bilirubin (TBIL)

"Routine Bloods"
Complete Blood Counts (i.e. Reb Blood Cells (RBC), Haemoglobin (Hb), White
Blood Cells (WBC), etc.)
Electrolytes (i.e. Sodium (Na), Potassium(K+), etc.)
Lipids (i.e. Triglycerides (TAGS), Total Cholesterol (TC), High-Density
Lipoprotein Cholersterol (HDL), etc.)

Of course you may not get them all done. You should be concerned mostly with your hormonal (especially total and free testosterone, estradiol and SHBG), liver, and kidney function results.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
http://www.rosiesmusclerevolution.webs.com/

~Rosie, Team APPNUT
Better Results Through Science.
www.appliednutriceuticals.com

sonicwaste

Awards
The only thing special about any pre-bulking routine is my diet. I've based my protocol off of a concept I learned from a couple of different bb'ers. Any bb'er will tell you that the time they get their best gains is post contest. They've dieted down and their after the show their body is ready to rebound... That's the essence...rebound

I try to create a rebound leading up to a cycle.

4 weeks out: maintenance ed
3 weeks out: maintenance ed
2 weeks out: maintenance -10% ed
1 weeks out: maintenance -20% ed
week of kick in: first 4 days maintenance -40/50% heavy glycogen depletion workouts.

then large re-feed to begin the cycle

During the re-feed I like to use anabloc pump/p-slin combo for the refeed

7-8g carbs per LBM for the re-feed then into bulking diet

This produces a nice 1-2 week rebound effect.

After the first month of the cycle, I will repeat the depletion/re-feed

After the second month repeat again.

After the third month repeat every 2 weeks.

This has allowed me to continue to grow the way I want during long cycles.

The depletion/re-feed is basically taken from Lyle McDonald's ultimate diet 2.0

I use his concepts for the depletion/re-feed and the results are just amazing.

I suggest you try it. It's tough, very tough to handle but well worth it in my opinion.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the test list bro

For a Pre-Ritual

I would just like to go in the mountain with nothing but a sleeping bag, gun, knife, skillet, maybe my ipod. And just be out in the wilderness for a few days, living off the earth. Kinda bein a mountain man, just clearing my mind and getting ready for the craziest 6 weeks ahead. Instead, I will be going to work 6am-5pm :(