Madhops Test/EQ recomp log

Madhops

Awards
I am running 500mg test E, and 400mg of EQ for 14 weeks in hopes of getting back to the shape I was in during college. I got very out of shape while laid up for 4 months with a neck injury last year. I've worked my way back to a point where I think I am ready to give gear a shot again, I wanted to wait until I felt 100% comfortable back in the gym so as not to waste a cycle.

Pre-Cycle Stats

Ht-5'10
wt-190
chest-42
Arms 16.25
Waist 36
Quads-24.5
Calves 14.5
BF% 20.1 :(

Diet
3800 cal per day, 277.5 grams of protein
Ratio is 31% protein 55% carbs and 14%fat

Training:
Monday-Chest/Tri
Tuesday- Interval cardio 20min
Wednsday- Back/Bi/Shoulders
Thursday- Interval cardio 20min
Friday- Legs
Saturday and Sunday-off

Goals: Get my weight up to around 215 and drop the bf under 15%.

Madhops

Awards
3 wk update

Nearing the end of wk 3, seen some amazing results so far and the test and eq haven't kicked in fully yet. BF dropped almost 4%, while I added 7lbs. I've gotten comments about looking bigger and leaner from alot of cowokers, and the gf.

Brief update:
wt: 197
Chest 44.25
Arms 16.75
waist 35.75
quads 24.5
Calves 15.5
BF% 16.4

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
So EQ and test hasn't even begun to exert effects and you've dropped 4% bf? Impressive results. I'm doing the same cycle, slightly higher test and I'm in week 7 and yet to see those results. I've lost maybe 3% bf, and gained a bit of strength, but no amazing results in 3 weeks...

Madhops

Awards
I'm honestly thinking a lot of it is muscle memory. Because my strength and size seem to be coming back quicker than I ever expected. As far as losing so much bf% so quick, I have no idea whats going on but I won't complain. As of last Friday I was down to 15.8%, and was kind of surprised at that. But the tape measure and calipers can't lie I guess.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty you shouldve waited longer to run a cycle. And dropping atleast 8lbs in 3 weeks isn't a good start...

Madhops

Awards
I haven't dropped any weight at all, I up 9lbs overall as of today and down 5% in bf. Should I have waited, yeah most likely, however the cycle is doing exactly what I wanted so far in rebuilding strength and size and leaning me out.

INWORK

Awards
I haven't dropped any weight at all, I up 9lbs overall as of today and down 5% in bf. Should I have waited, yeah most likely, however the cycle is doing exactly what I wanted so far in rebuilding strength and size and leaning me out.

Those are the most amazing results I've ever read. 4 weeks in with two slow acting esters and your up 9lbs and dropped 5%bf! How much weight is 5%bf for you anyway (I'm too lazy to do the math)?

Your chest is smaller as are your arms. Your legs are the same size but your waist is bigger and up 9lbs. with a drop in bf of 5%???

Where were you carring your fat? I'm trying to picture where you put on 9lbs of muscle and where you lost 5%bf...

At any rate, great job so far...

Madhops

Awards
Those are the most amazing results I've ever read. 4 weeks in with two slow acting esters and your up 9lbs and dropped 5%bf! How much weight is 5%bf for you anyway (I'm too lazy to do the math)?

Your chest is smaller as are your arms. Your legs are the same size but your waist is bigger and up 9lbs. with a drop in bf of 5%???

Where were you carring your fat? I'm trying to picture where you put on 9lbs of muscle and where you lost 5%bf...

At any rate, great job so far...
Actually, you read my updates backwards I think...... my chest is up as well as my arms, and my waist is down in size. Doing the math(and I am not the best at math) I lost 8lbs of fat, while gaining 9lbs of overall body weight. The fat was all in my abs and love handle area, and a little bit on my chest. I am almost shocked at the results myself, as I have run test e and eq before and they produced steady gains and my bf went down 3-4% over 12 weeks. Seems I have flattened out in terms of bf loss though as the last 2 weeks I have been holding at 15.4% bf. I will be posting a stat update on monday for the curious out there.

INWORK

Awards
Actually, you read my updates backwards I think...... my chest is up as well as my arms, and my waist is down in size. Doing the math(and I am not the best at math) I lost 8lbs of fat, while gaining 9lbs of overall body weight. The fat was all in my abs and love handle area, and a little bit on my chest. I am almost shocked at the results myself, as I have run test e and eq before and they produced steady gains and my bf went down 3-4% over 12 weeks. Seems I have flattened out in terms of bf loss though as the last 2 weeks I have been holding at 15.4% bf. I will be posting a stat update on monday for the curious out there.

My bad, I read them as I was posting...which will put them in the wrong order...

Well, that makes more sense! Still these numbers are awesome...

Madhops

Awards
wk 5 update
today is the start of week 5 for me. weight gain has slowed, going to add some more calories into my diet starting today. BF seems to have stabilized as well. I am very pleased so far in this cycle as 15%bf was my target for the end originally. I've adjusted my goals slightly, now hoping to end the cycle at 210-215 at 12%bf.

wt: 200
Chest 44.50
Arms 17.00
waist 35.50
quads 25.25
Calves 15.5
BF% 15.2

Madhops

Awards
wk 7 update

Started wk 7 today, everything going great so far...strength and size up alot since the start, not quite where I was pre injury but closer. BF has dropped another 1%, so I am pleased there as well.

wt: 205.5lbs
Chest:45.5in
Arms: 17.5in
Waist: 34.75in
Quads: 25.75in
Calf: 16in
BF%: 14

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
You're calves really gained 1/2 inch in 2 weeks?

I've been on 11 weeks, and have gone from doing calve raises with the entire machine stack from 10 reps to 33 reps, and my calves have not increase in size AT ALL.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Looking back in the earlier part of your cycle I saw the huge gains and recomp you made so quickly. It does make sense to me that alot of that gain and recomp is definetly due to muscle memory. Muscle memory can account for large body changes in a short period of time. For example:

At my strongest point in my training, I weighed btwn 240-245 lbs and I was forced to take a year off after reaching this point due to finishing up college, getting a job, and getting married.

After a year I started training again and after a month I was nearly as strong as I was at my strongest point ever, and after starting my current cycle (only 2 mo after beginning lifting again) I'm up to almost 250 lbs and nearing my highest strength and my largest amount of pure muscle mass.

No doubt that muscle memory had a huge amount to do with this, as I had been training for about 7 years at this point.

Madhops

Awards
week 10 update

I'm now in the middle of week 10, gain are slowing up quite a bit even though my calories have been bumped up. My strength is up quite a bit as well, I will detail that below. Feeling great overall, some nagging wrist pain has popped up and limited my workouts, especially on close grip bench.

here are my precycle and current strength levels. All weights are for my last set of each exercise.

pre current
Incline bench(4reps) 205 260
Flat bench(DB 4 reps) 85's 115's
Military press(4 reps) 185 230
Leg press(6 reps) 450 720
Squats(6 reps) 275 350

wt: 210
Chest:46.25in
Arms: 18in
Waist: 34.50in
Quads: 26.25in
Calf: 16in
BF%: 13.6

Madhops

Awards
wk 12 update:

things are really slowing up now, I am going to have to tweak my diet and cardio a bit, as I have gained a touch of fat in the last 2 weeks.

wt: 212
Chest:46.50in
Arms: 18in
Waist: 35.1in :frustrate
Quads: 26.25in
Calf: 16.25in
BF%: 13.2