Cramping

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.31%

Cramping

I'm currently on a cycle of 10g 1-test and 5g 4-ad, using gel I ordered from Chemo.

It's my first week, and I'm up 9lbs.

Workouts are great; pumps, incredible.

So incredible, in fact, that my lats and triceps decided to cramp on me just now. It happened, both times, at the peak of the movement, when I usually hold the contraction for a while before starting the negative portion the movement. I had to cut the workout short because of the cramping.

Is this because my poundages have gone up, or is in some strange side effect from the androgen use?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

It's probably due to the sudden rise in weight being lifted. One thing to keep in mind on a cycle is what you were lifting last week before you started and what your able to lift now and then no over due it just becuase you can. If you you can do 10 pounds more today than last week because of the androgens then back it off to 5 pounds more. Your still going to have a great work out and build like crazy. I am NOT in believer in constantly maxing out your weight in each excercise.

You can also keep your weight inrease smaller and increase your volume instead! That's what is widely rec'd while on a cycle. HVT or GVT or Perfect 10 (whatever you call it) is probably the best on cycle regimen that a person can do.

Food for thought.

WW7
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Originally posted by Sean
    I'm currently on a cycle of 10g 1-test and 5g 4-ad, using gel I ordered from Chemo.

It's my first week, and I'm up 9lbs.

woah there deebo!! nine lbs in a week? what can i say sean. thats ridiculous gains my friend. good job to say the least. As far as cramping (as if that's what it is) could be several issues. ww7 mentioned the weight increase and that could be a factor. Others could be you're not drinking enough fluids during your workout, another could be warming up/stretching before (even during/after) to loosen up the muslces you are working. And even the heat of the room you workout in. If its on the warm side, cramping could be an issue due to yourself loosing water from sweating and dehyrdation...which geos back to lack of fluids. Or who knows, could be a combo of all four.
    WW7 brings up another good (seperate) topic. Keepin track of the weights you are using. A dramatic increase...one might think about back up a tad and focusing on lifts, using safety importance.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.5%

i know dude, 9lbs in one week.... you gotta be doing something right. I cant recommend anything about cramping ? if its jsut a muscle cramp, maybe some extra electrolytes ??

keep up the good work!
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.31%

Heh, you know what they say, to leave your ego at the door of the gym, but I've never seemed to be able to get over that. I'm slowly increasing volume; by the middle of this week (the second), I'll be doing something quite similar to a regular GVT routine.

I was quite surprised myself at the weight gain. I look a good deal more bloated, though, and it probably has something to do with my eating like a reverse-anorexic pig. My body doesn't seem to respond to 1-test as well as it does 4-ad, hence the ratio.

The gym I work out at is actually rather cold (too cold for my taste). I bring half my postworkout shake to sip as I go through the workout along with 1 litre or so of water - I sweat a lot - dehydration shouldn't be a problem.

It's most probably the weights. *slaps forehead*

What is this about electrolytes, Kay?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.5%

Originally posted by Sean
    Heh, you know what they say, to leave your ego at the door of the gym, but I've never seemed to be able to get over that. I'm slowly increasing volume; by the middle of this week (the second), I'll be doing something quite similar to a regular GVT routine.

I was quite surprised myself at the weight gain. I look a good deal more bloated, though, and it probably has something to do with my eating like a reverse-anorexic pig. My body doesn't seem to respond to 1-test as well as it does 4-ad, hence the ratio.

The gym I work out at is actually rather cold (too cold for my taste). I bring half my postworkout shake to sip as I go through the workout along with 1 litre or so of water - I sweat a lot - dehydration shouldn't be a problem.

It's most probably the weights. *slaps forehead*

What is this about electrolytes, Kay?
    a high amount of electrolytes in your blood plasma/stream prevents cramping. most muscle cramps are as a result of dehydration, thus electrolytic imbalance in the muscle.......
    If you keep your electrolytes high, you can prevet muscle cramps..
    drink gatorade while working out, or if you have a lot of money, cytovol by EAS is a good during-workout drink

One hting about drinking protein during working out, you are going to be taking some blood away from your msucles and directing it towards your digestion mechanisms. Same with energy, some energy is going to be diverted from weight training in order to digest the protien you are consuming.
    Maybe stick with hydrolyzed protein? or very simple carbs during work out. But hey, if its working for you, don't change it...
    9 lbs that fast is unreal
    Good luck bro, keep it up

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with Cramping on V12 Turbo!
    By jws8118 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 11:34 PM
  2. Calves that cramp
    By wranglergirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 10:05 PM
  3. Killer M1T cramps