Protecting the liver during PH cycles

Jeff Rippe

Awards
Anyone have recommendations for supps/foods, etc., that will help to protect the liver during heavy PH cycles?

I know lots of water is one.  Anything else?  Liver tabs of any use?

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Milk thistle and ALA but realistically phs are not 17AA so they are not really that rough on the liver even in oral form

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Milk thistle and ALA but realistically phs are not 17AA so they are not really that rough on the liver even in oral form
:blink: Could you explain?

I thought pro-hormones/pro-steroids such as Phera-Plex, SD, Ergomax... were all methylated to make them orally available and were therefore liver toxic to a certain extent.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
he is saying they are hormones, they don't convert into anything like "prohormones". they are active on their own, and do not require a conversion to potentiate anabolic properties.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I just picked up some Milk Thistle Tea. It is made by a division of Twinlab. Don't know how good it is, but I figured my liver could use some fortification with the inevitable indulgence that awaits me over the holidays.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well from what I have seen of late nothing but designer steroids have been out, not prohormones. Prosteroids are a made up word by the way.

And yes there are 17aa prohormones. And no they do not boost test levels, and no you can't run them for eternity, and yes you do need pct. . .:study: :wtf:

I don't get it, wtf is with some of these posts lately

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also just noticed that this post was dug up from its grave.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
he is saying they are hormones, they don't convert into anything like "prohormones". they are active on their own, and do not require a conversion to potentiate anabolic properties.
Still not too clear. I understand that the conversion of a prohormone to a target hormone causes minimal liver stress usually in the form of elevated enzymes.

I thought it was the methylation to make the chemical orally available that made it more toxic.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I also just noticed that this post was dug up from its grave.
****, I didn't look at the date on the original post.:run:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
It's an old post, but it's still a ongoing issue.

I would say Sesamin, Milk Thistle and Grapeseed Extract as regular supplements for this and their other benefits, not just oncycle.

chil

chil

Banned
Awards
No TUDCA guys???? how about NAC.... i thought milk thistle doesnt absorb properly thats why u need to suspend it like in liver juice by PP???