Curt2go's cycle thread.... - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Curt2go's cycle thread....

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Banned

Well ive gone 4 weeks without working them and im only gonna work them once next week and then go another 4 weeks without them during my cycle.

I just believe that for an ectomorph as you start packing on too many muscle pounds(lower body will really do this) it can kill your overall gains because you can't even keep up with the calories to supply your whole body or your metabolism is so fast you can only maintain.

2. Banned

Originally posted by MA$$BUILDER

Just get in a ton of cal.
    1 ton of calories would be 7,000,000 calories a day. I think that would be over eating a bit.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.

No sh!t yellowjacket. Yeah i didnt actually mean a ton.

Being an ecto is bad but, if an ecto eats alot and trains right they should have no problems adding size. Adding size doesnt come easy but if one is head strong a pushes on then they will grow.

Also curt, how is your training?
    •   

4. Banned

Being an ecto is bad but, if an ecto eats alot and trains right they should have no problems adding size. Adding size doesnt come easy but if one is head strong a pushes on then they will grow.

Yes but there comes a time when its unreasonable to ask a person to eat a lot of calories just to gain weight because they have enough muscle mass for THEIR PARTICULAR metabolism that their metabolism is too high too keep up. Some extreme ectomorphs( there is different degrees) need over 30 times their bodyweight just to gain ANY weight. That means if you are 190 lbs and relatively lean your pushing 6000 calories just to gain any weight naturally if your an extreme hardgainer. Im glad you have the dedication to eat 4000 calories+ on a regular basis week after week and even after a small break to continue back on just to maintain and/or gain weight, not all of us can do that Usually its a nuisance enough to keep weight steady. If we take a break off training we take a BIG backtrack and we have to go full force again just to pick up where we left off at.
  5. Senior Member

Originally posted by pjorstad
    Well ive gone 4 weeks without working them and im only gonna work them once next week and then go another 4 weeks without them during my cycle.

I just believe that for an ectomorph as you start packing on too many muscle pounds(lower body will really do this) it can kill your overall gains because you can't even keep up with the calories to supply your whole body or your metabolism is so fast you can only maintain.
    One leg workout a month eh... while on cycle you say? Because you don't want to gain muscle pounds too fast? And because it's hard to eat enough calories once you gain said muscle? Why bother cycling at all since you don't want to gain muscle or increase cal consumption? I guess I'm missing the boat completely, I thought it was good to train both halves of your body... it's known that increase muscle = increase metabolism, but isn't that what you want?! It happens regardless, and it's not hard to eat lots of quality cals anyway, is it? I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here... limit lower half of your body work, so that you don't gain muscle too fast (while on cycle) and don't have to eat more calories to keep up with muscle gain... yeah, I repeated it and still don't understand...
  6. Banned

Actually i won't be working legs at all during cycle. Im just doing legs once before cycle to keep them from getting rust so i can use them post cycle to get my test production up again. After 3 weeks post cycle ill probably get rid of them again.

Anyways this is how i feel. My calves are very big, my ass is very big, my thighs are average but i don't care about them too much so why put muscle on my legs when i got a lagging upper body? All its gonna do is make my metabolism when im natural so high im gonna have a harder time just maintiaining and then i won't accomplish anything. Im willing to sacrifice my stupid ass lower body a signficant degree( i can afford to anyways) to the point of making me very slightly topheavy if it means my overall metabolism will be lower as to allow better upper body gains.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.

pjorstad, do legs. It sounds like you need to learn how to train before you do any ph. Not doing legs is stupid and i cant believe you think its ok not to do legs. You say your calves are good but your thighs arent that great, but you dont really care. Come on and do things right, you need to really look at your training and eating, becuase it sound like you are clueless to both.
  8. Senior Member

Originally posted by MA$$BUILDER
    pjorstad, do legs. It sounds like you need to learn how to train before you do any ph. Not doing legs is stupid and i cant believe you think its ok not to do legs. You say your calves are good but your thighs arent that great, but you dont really care. Come on and do things right, you need to really look at your training and eating, becuase it sound like you are clueless to both.
    Yes. PJ, what are your stats and why would you find it so hard to maintain? PM me if you like, now that we've hijacked Curt's cycle thread. I just don't understand your train of thought on this whole deal.
  9. Banned

Yah i thought training legs was smart too until i realized my metabolism has gone down a ton and now i can put on fat with hardly any effort! Thats a good thing for me because as an ecto i can barely put on any weight so when im putting on fat that means my metabolism is slower and it should be without leg workouts.

I AM NOT GONNA work legs if my ass and calves are too big for my rest of my body. My thighs are are at least average so when you factor in my big ass and calves there is no way in hell im doing any leg work. That is dumb. As i said before anyways id rather be topheavy slightly because i care more about my upper body and with a fast metabolism lower body mass is just slowing my progress.

WEll ill throw in some leg workout postcycle and thats it UNTIL i pack on a bout 20+ lbs to become slightly topheavy.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.

pjorstad, i cant believe your way of training and thought, but hey do what you want. To me you sound very misinformed about training and nutrition. You need to learn to eat and train right. Eat clean as possible and train heavy and hard and you will grow.
    Also dont train too much. Maybe cut back on you sets and see what happens. But most of all eat and eat some more and dont be a little ***** and say you cant eat enough.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

Not training legs is about the most half-assed way of training I've heard of. Some ignorant gym idiots try to get away with this, but to actually try to rationalize it is beyond me. PJ your logic is not based upon science or tried-and-true techniques, and does not seem researched to any degree that would be backable by most members here. Good luck with your half training, you could see some results in the short term.
  12. Banned

Well mass when you become an ecto and having a lagging upper body ill get back to you Ive worked legs PLENTY and you know what i got out of it! DISSAPOINTMENT. Now my metabolism is slower and my upper body is growing at i believe a slightly faster pace because i don't need as many calories.
  13. Elite Member

legs

Hey pjorstad -
    Im glad you have the dedication to eat 4000 calories+ on a regular basis week after week and even after a small break to continue back on just to maintain and/or gain weight, not all of us can do that
    But that's what it takes...for gains and strength that LAST.
    Do you think, being an ectomorph, that anything you've gained on your cycle is going to stay with you if you dont have you're diet down perfect? Consistency in diet, consistency in training are key.
    Im not trying to be disrespectful bro, but I just cant see how not training legs would be a good thing. If your metabolism was too fast while training legs, then eat more. Eat peanut butter sandwiches and drink some NLarge2 with flax oil before you go to bed at night and watch that mass pack right on Most people think they eat enough, but if you write down everything you eat, and add up the cals at the end of the day, chances are you'll be comming up way short.
    Have you even tried getting in 4000 calories a day with the proper protien/carb/fat ratio for a solid 16 weeks? I bet if you did you'd find you have little trouble gaining weight. If you can't get in enough calories, then how are you getting the 20-22 cals/lb that's recommended on a PH cycle?
    If you need to bring that upper half up then definately concentrate on it - but dont neglect the biggest muscle group in your body. I really think it will only hurt your gains in the long run. When you do heavy, intense leg workouts with a proper diet, it drives your body even further into the anabolic state. This positively effects all the muscles you're training...
    Intense leg workouts will help you gain muscle and keep your fat gain to a minimum, as long as you're eating right and getting proper rest. Simply put:

If you're not doing squats and deadlifts, you're never going to be as big and as strong as you want to be. They aren't the biggest 2 out of the 'big three' for nothing!! (third being bench press!) How big is your ass? How much can you squat?

And definately, if you're on cycle - you should be those legs harder than ever.

Sometimes you can look at yourself in the mirror and distort your true shape, like if youre paranoid about a certain area. Like if you skip bis or something one week, you'll look at yourself in the mirror and be convinced you have stick arms. When obviously this isnt the case. I think everyone who lifts does that to themselves at one point or another.

You need to seriously re-evaluate your training/diet bro. In my opinion (and this is MY OPINION, Im not looking to start ****...) someone has NO BUSINESS even considering PHs until they've packed on a good 20-25 lbs of lean mass NATURALLY.
    When you've put 100lbs on your bench, and a good 150-200lbs on your squat and deadlift, then you're ready. You need to get to that point before you know your body and training well enough to make the most out of anabolic drugs.

These may not be words some of you want to hear - but damn - plenty of people have gotten there without drugs. So you're an ecto. That's tough, but its no excuse. You just gotta be a little more hardcore at the gym...and at the dinner table.

BigVrunga
  14. Banned

Thanks for the advice man.

If you can't get in enough calories, then how are you getting the 20-22 cals/lb that's recommended on a PH cycle?
    Usually i try to eat as much as i can and the anabolics give me a much bigger appetite. My appetite is quite less when im natural and so is my motivation. I can only hit the calories so long before i give up and just maintain. I can mantain weight by just eating a moderate amount of calories. Gaining weight is a whole different story though and i really have to hit the calories hard which is hard to do for me. I often see little results even when i do.

ILl take your offer though on the carbs before night. Ill only do that though the night that i had worked out since protein synthesis will be high and glucose will help push amino's into my muscles it into my muscles at night. They say that doing carbs before bed hurts growth production and leads to fat gain but it will probably help though in the end i hear.
  15. Elite Member

Originally posted by pjorstad
    I can only hit the calories so long before i give up and just maintain.
    But that's just it man - you can't ever give up!!

there are other supps that will help you with appetite and wont screw up your hormone levels. SawPalmetto, Alfafa, Chamomile,Ginseng - all are used as a way to increase the appetite.

Although some say carbs before bed can blunt GH output and add fat - if your a true hardgainer, any kind of mass is going to beneficial at first. I drank a 1/2 serving of NLARGE2 before bed every night for nearly 8 months. Lifted hard and heavy, and hardly went above 6 reps for months.(except squats - always 10+) A lot of 'Max OT' training, and 'shock principles' like supersetting and drop setting. (or both!) With the heaviest weight I could handle for strict form with 6,6,4,2 reps. Really concentrating on the negative and peak contraction with the lower reps. And I grew like a freak (or at least faster than I had ever grown before - it felt freaky!) A lot of compound movements like chins, weighted dips, deads, bent over rows, clean + presses, etc...

I was definately on the ectomorphic side at first, but after all that power training, Im definately looking quite mesomorphic now. And I didnt start taking things seriously until August 2001.

And I dont consider myself 'genetically gifted' as far as muscle growth goes either. When I started I was DB curling 35s,My deadlift was 150! And I could barely get 135 for 10 on the bench. So its not like I was 16 and repping 315 (oh the envy...)

I think its not so important when you eat, its that you should eat whenever you can!! Especially if your ectomorphic!. Set your alarm so you get up in the middle of the night and eat a tuna sandwich! Get that $12 out and buy that 500tab can of Uni-Liver!!

Just make sure you've tried everything before you result to tweaking your endocrine system. No doubt, PHs are fantastic - but save it for when you really need it. (well - get them now before they're banned ) - learning just what your body needs to stay anabolic naturally is key in taking full advantage of an anabolic drug.

My $.02 anyway - hats off to you for wanting to pack on the freaky mass - just make sure you learn what it takes now to keep it for life!!
  16. New Member

<---- Me, fellow Ecto!

PJ = Thread Hijacker.

Curt, lookin good bro. As a fellow Ecto I know how hard it can be to put on pounds, sounds like things are going well though, keep it up and keep us posted!
  17. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Well boys i weighed in at 187 this morning. Thats up 5lbs juts over the weekend. I can see alittle water and i am getting new stretch marks under my delta in front of my arm pit... MA$$ my training is good we just got done some GVT and it was good. Now we are back to our usual which is 1 muscle group/day . We like this way alot but we will change it up again after the cycle...

We will see if the strength is up today . Chest day.... I will try to post the before stats... Talk to ya

PS I do eat anything clean or not. I suppliment protein (obviously)

&nbsp;
  18. New Member

Originally posted by jweave23
    Not training legs is about the most half-assed way of training I've heard of.&nbsp;Some ignorant gym idiots try to get away with this, but to actually try to rationalize it is beyond me. Good luck with your half training, you could see some results in the short term.
    Thank you...he'll get the same results as this guy in my gym who came up to brag to me he never trained legs...my response was i could tell.
  19. Banned

Good job curt. We need pics after your done to see the results

Ok starting tomorow after my workout on workout nights im gonna have some carbs before bed on top of my already protein and flax oil. For the last 2 weeks ive been getting up in the middle of the night and having a small protein shake plus a tablespoon of flax. Should i add a little carbs again(at slightly less?) or is that overkill? Maybe i should have the carbs in the middle of the night instead of before so it won't hurt the insulin spike and stored as fat so much because my insulin levels will be lower in the middle of the night after a few hours of going to sleep. I get up in the middleof the night at least once and usually 2 times so it won't be a problem to do carbs in the middle of the night. How much maltodextrin??? I don't want to spend a lot of time doing this so i need something in liquid form so im only gonna do maltodextrin.
  20. Senior Member

Definitely bro, don't train legs at all, especially while on cycle, and drink malto all night long. Way to bodybuild.
  21. Senior Member

Actually I have an idea PJ: since you are selectively ignoring some of the largest muscles in your body because you don't care about them, why don't you just pick your favorite bodypart and train that exclusively? Especially while on cycle, you'll see the most gains in this manner correct? Because it will slow your metabolism down so much that the part you pick will practically explode with new growth.

Curt, sounds really good bro hope your chest workout was good one today, and your stretch marks continue to stretch . Did you say you were NOT being particularly strict with yo diet, just supping protein?
  22. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Exactly. My diet is not strict . I eat whatever I can . I suppliment only protien in the shake form.. Talk to ya..
  23. Senior Member

Cool, thanks bro, wasn't quite clear from your other post... something must have been lost in the Canadian-American translation

24. Banned

Nice Job Curt! Pics look good. I cant wait for my t-1 to come, I sent the MO out today so I shold be getting it soemtime next week. I too am small like you, and am an extremly hard gainer. For some friggen reason My arms are peaked nicely and have pretty good size but the rest of my body just dosnt want to work , well Keep up the great work, and hopefully Ill be posting a thread like this on my t-1 cycle.
  25. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Well today I was up to 188. the first 5 lbs can probably be attributed to water. BUT who cares... Lifts are up and eveything is cool. Still on line to go 6 weeks.. Providing my body does not mind the transdermal for that long.. hehehe. Talk to ya....
  26. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Well starting week 3.. weight is 190 in the morning naked 8 lb increase so far...... I know you all like it when i say that.. Also very ccoll thing I weighed myself with my clothes on last night before bed and I was 198.. Almost hit the 200 mark.... I will keep you all posted.. Talk to ya..
  27. Senior Member

How's the diet bro?
  28. New Member

Originally posted by curt2go
    Well starting week 3.. weight is 190 in the morning naked 8 lb increase so far...... I know you all like it when i say that.. Also very ccoll thing I weighed myself with my clothes on last night before bed and I was 198.. Almost hit the 200 mark.... I will keep you all posted.. Talk to ya..
    well, next time weigh with your clothes on wet...you'll hit 200...heh j/k bro..

seriously, great job..keep up the good work..
  29. Homebrew Help, Inc.

The diet is eat everything and anything all the time.. hhehee. Talk to ya...
  30. New Member

Curt, so in 3.5 months you put on 25 lbs?&nbsp; That's good!&nbsp; Now do you think your speed/agility has been affected?&nbsp; I am thinking about the ball season, and I will put a new thread in off-topic.
  31. Homebrew Help, Inc.

Yeh Is d3efinately ias hurting me there. I will cut down to 185 though. So I will still be hitting 100's of homers... hehehe. Talk to ya...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Yet another "judge my cycle" thread
    By cftcft in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 06:12 PM
  2. The Off Cycle Thread
    By pudzian2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 08:25 PM
  3. Another first cycle thread
    By slick rick in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 04:29 PM
  4. My IGF-1 Cycle Thread
    By joetrisman in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 05:35 PM
  5. Another first cycle thread - opinions?
    By Ivan Drago in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 11:05 AM