First Cycle... Please review my plans

1. Registered User
    Answers

Smile First Cycle... Please review my plans

I'm thinking about running my first ever cycle this summer and am preparing for it now. I want to make sure I get the post cycle therapy and gyno-prevention dosed right, because a few years ago (before I lost 90+ lbs) I was fat with man boobs and I dont want to be not fat with man boobs now.

I'm 6'8", 270 pounds, and 21 years old. I'll probably be down 10-15 pounds by the time I start the cycle (cutting now). I have been lifting for ~4 years, but would like to enter the world of anabolics.

I would like to gain some good muscle from this, and add overall strength. I realize dbol will give a lot of bloat but I have my mind set on trying it... it just seems like a good place to start since its popular and has been around a long time.

I'll be using transdermal test base. I decided not to inject for my first cycle because I hate needles and uncomfortable with injecting as of now. I'll consider in the future but I want my first cycle to be TD. I'll attempt the Syno conversion for the base.

Anyways, please give me some feedback on how this cycle looks (not just "dont use TD, real men inject")...

Also should I be considering Letro instead or is nolva/clomid ok? I'd prefer to stay away from HCG because of the injections, but if its absolutely necessary....

Note: Test is 500 mg/week (225mg a day TD, est 30-35% absorb), the other products are in mg/day

Week Test DBol Nolva Clomid
    1 500 20 20 0
    2 500 25 20 0
    3 500 25 20 0
    4 500 30 20 0
    5 500 0 20 0
    6 500 0 0 0
    7 500 0 0 0
    8 500 0 0 0
    9 500 0 0 0
    10 500 0 0 0
    11 0 0 40 150
    12 0 0 40 100
    13 0 0 20 0
    14 0 0 20 0

Diet will be clean with high protein, moderate carbs, low but good fats (fish oil, flax, etc).

Example:
    8am - 30g whey protein shake with water
    830am - gym... 20g BCAA while lifting
    10am - PWO shake: 40g whey protein, 50g carbs from dex/mal/waxy maize starch
    1045 - 10 egg whites, 2 yellows, 1 chicken breast, good carbs from oats or brown rice
    1pm - meal of 50g protein (tuna or chicken or eggs), 30-40g good carbs (oats or yam or wheat or brown rice), and green veggies (broccoli or spinach or asparagus)
    330pm - meal of 50g protein, good carbs, and green veggies
    6pm - meal of 50g protein, good carbs, and green veggies
    830pm - meal of 50g protein
    11pm - before bed shake - 35g casein, 15g whey, skim milk

So thats approx 400g protein a day (remember, I'm 270 lbs) and not TOO many carbs. I'll supplement with a multi in the morning, liver support, omega 3 tabs, and creatine mono (5-10g twice a day).

I'll be working out 5x a week for around an hour each session. Cardio will be approx 4-5 times a week, 20 mins after workout.

Please give me some feedback on how this looks. This is my first attempt at assembling an anabolic cycle so advice is very very welcome, but try not to make fun of me too bad if something looks stupid... I'm here to learn!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by dsw222; 02-23-2007 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Changed cycle info based on advice

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Why are you running nolva all the way through and 2 weeks of PCT is not enough. Run PCT for at least 4 weeks after this cycle.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Why are you running nolva all the way through and 2 weeks of post cycle therapy is not enough. Run PCT for at least 4 weeks after this cycle.
    I figured the nolva would combat gyno... should it just be used with the dbol?

And for PCT should I do 150-100-100-50 for clomid? or what do you suggest?
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post
    I figured the nolva would combat gyno... should it just be used with the dbol?

And for post cycle therapy should I do 150-100-100-50 for clomid? or what do you suggest?
    Use the nolva on-cycle only is symptoms appear. I would use clomid for the first two weeks with nolva and then nolva alone for the final two. Dosing would be 150/100 for clomid and 40/40/20/20 for nolva.
  5. Board Supporter
    Answers

Look at the testosterone base you are using and compare it to the enanthate ester of test. Mg/mg, I'd suspect that if you use 500mg test base you'll be using a heck of a lot more test than 500mg test enanthate. Keep that in mind.

You have had gyno before. I would personally consider running a strong AI throughout the cycle (and keep nolva if gyno appears). I'd probably go with either Arimidex, Letrozole or Exemestane.

In any event, if you already have gyno, test may aggravate it no matter what you use to prevent it.

Also, what is your bodyfat percentage? It is best to start a big bulker like this with wet compounds only after you are somewhat lean. It is tough to tell what you look like from the height/weight you posted.

If your bodyfat is still way high and you insist on bulking, I'd at least use leaner compounds.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Look at the testosterone base you are using and compare it to the enanthate ester of test. Mg/mg, I'd suspect that if you use 500mg test base you'll be using a heck of a lot more test than 500mg test enanthate. Keep that in mind.

You have had gyno before. I would personally consider running a strong AI throughout the cycle (and keep nolva if gyno appears). I'd probably go with either Arimidex, Letrozole or Exemestane.

In any event, if you already have gyno, test may aggravate it no matter what you use to prevent it.

Also, what is your bodyfat percentage? It is best to start a big bulker like this with wet compounds only after you are somewhat lean. It is tough to tell what you look like from the height/weight you posted.

If your bodyfat is still way high and you insist on bulking, I'd at least use leaner compounds.
    Thanks for the responses!

Currently my bodyfat is around 18%. I'm trying to get it down right now on my cutting cycle with ECA, and I'm going to start cycling clen next month sometime (after a few week break from ECA).

I'd like to bulk in the summer to get some extra muscle for fall semester at school... I'd rather not be on during a semester because it would probably be obvious that I'm taking something.

I attached some pics of me to give you an idea of my bodytype... I'm heavy but not extremely fat. My chest area is pretty big partially from being so overweight in the past, but I've also built some muscle there (havent maxed in a while, probably around 290ish).

This may be a stupid question, but I read on a source's site that taking letro alone could reverse gyno from being overweight... so if I took that for a while before going on, would it help get my chest smaller? Or is that pretty much not going to change? I weighed over 360 around 2002 and lost 90 around 2003-4.

7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Use the nolva on-cycle only is symptoms appear. I would use clomid for the first two weeks with nolva and then nolva alone for the final two. Dosing would be 150/100 for clomid and 40/40/20/20 for nolva.
    Thank you for the PCT advice. I read the sticky on gyno prevention and thats where I had the idea to run nolva throughout my cycle, heres the quote:

"3. Run Nolvadex or one of the newer SERMs while youíre on and for post cycle therapy. There are a lot old timers that will tell you that Nolvadex will reduce your gains. To my knowledge no one has ever proved that and really a slight reduction in your gains is well worth some peace of mind here. It doesnít take much, 10mg a day is believed to greatly reduce your chances of getting gyno. I donít know of any good studies on this but there are a lot of user reports here and it makes sense."

Do you feel that this is only needed for higher amounts or different gear than what I have planned? The sticky doesnt mention what compound that quote refers to, but I assume he meant test?
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I edited the PCT on my first post (thanks Rodja)

Still not sure about nolva with dbol though, and Cardinal: what weeks would you recommend running the AI?
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post
    I edited the post cycle therapy on my first post (thanks Rodja)

Still not sure about nolva with dbol though, and Cardinal: what weeks would you recommend running the AI?
    run the AI( my choice would be arimidex) throughout the cycle and if your nips get sensitive, throw in some nolva. good luck bro
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Going to run something similar but adding term. Keep us posted!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Definitely 7 years old
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. First Cycle, Please Review...Test E / Test Prop kicker
    By toolband in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 08:16 PM
  2. Frist cycle please review my plan