Scotty's T1 pro log

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Today is day 7. Started at 222lbs(6'2"). Didn't measure myself before, but did earlier today. I weighed myself on Fri @225lbs. My measurements as of this afternoon are as follows:
Arms-17.5"
Quads-27.5"
Calves-16.5"
(Forgot to measure chest, last time I did it it was 48")

I was eating 5000+cals/day, but, as per the advice of YJ, I pared them down today to about 4000-4500. 15 liver tabs/day, zinc/B-complex. That's about it. BTW 1 squirt 2x/day. Will keep all posted.

Bone

Awards
Good luck Scotty................ Bring on the weight!!!!

Peace

Bone

Dave

Awards
i also started day #7 2 day. i am still holding steady @ 220lbs. diet is good, workouts r good. back 2- 2 squirts x 2/ day.i am hoping something happens soon. the tick

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
why go from 5000- down to 4000? were you gaining too much fat???? dont ever go down if you are trying to get muscle...... (unless you are cutting)

Kay

Awards
5000 calorie is a little on the extremem side IMO. I am 213 lbs now, and i get really good gain with 4000 - 4500. With 5000 i constantly feel bloated and sick.

IF you can down the calories, good luck to ya!!

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, all. Moved into a new apt. Have not had dial tone for 3 weeks, and can't get optimum, so comp access. Today is day 13. Scale this morning read 230lbs, NICE! Some impressive lifts this week as well. Deadlift 315X6, shoulder db press 100'sX6, haven't done either in awhile. Got calories to about 4500, seems to be less cramping and sick feeling. Will update again soon, promise.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Day 14, deadlift 335X5 today(4 more like it, last rep not picture perfect). But, seeing good strength gains. No sides to report, other than a little bloating.

Kay

Awards
i notice today that you are training in the 3-5 rep range. One reason you might be seeing more strength gains and not enough hypertrophy could be because the 3-5 rep range is geared towards strength.
If you want hypertrophy, keep your reps 8-12, 60-90sec rest , 3sets/ex. Do not aim for full recovery between sets (again, thats for strength)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i notice today that you are training in the 3-5 rep range. One reason you might be seeing more strength gains and not enough hypertrophy could be because the 3-5 rep range is geared towards strength.
If you want hypertrophy, keep your reps 8-12, 60-90sec rest , 3sets/ex. Do not aim for full recovery between sets (again, thats for strength)
good points...personally think the 6-8/9 rep range is best for hypertrophy/size. (same rest scheme though). 12 reps a bit too high for me.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
My rep range is 6-12. I was ego lifting today. Banged out 315X6, so I slapped the 10's on and tried to get 335X6(fell short). Everything else is 6-12 reps.

Kay

Awards
My rep range is 6-12. I was ego lifting today. Banged out 315X6, so I slapped the 10's on and tried to get 335X6(fell short). Everything else is 6-12 reps.
yeah... 12 can be a little high, but i like to get alteast a few sets in with 12 reps, just to get the pump going etc.

instead of 6, do 2sets , each with 8 reps, i know this is gettin gpicky, but hey, its worth a shot.
Make sure about the rest though, 60 - 90 sec... take a stop watch with you if you have to, a lot of people screw this up.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
again good point. i do also slip in 12 rep set(s) for iso. movements at the end of a workout. (i.e. db or incline cabel flyes on chest day). but i try to keep those sets to 2-3 set max.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Pretty good pump today, still no sides at all. Got 275X6 on incline barbell press, so, strength is increasing. Stuck at 230lbs.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Weighed in at 233 lbs. today(day 18). Strength is up a little more, squatted 360X6, leg press 900X6.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
sorry to cloud your thread scotty but i had to say this. (cuz you mentioned leg press). NYU's new "hi-tech" "first class" new weight room/sports complex facility has 2 leg press machines. one is a lifefitness machine that can only go up to 380 (thats out..only use it for calf raises). The other is hammerstrength i believe. (the isolated one where you can do one leg at a time) i hate that machine. One would think with the millions put into this place, they would cough up some $ (and have some smarts) to get a vertical leg press where the poundage you use is almost limitless. Sage

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
The majority of gyms(especially in this area) cater to fitness, so, there's your answer. A new generation of men's fitness models, Hoorah!

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I guess I'm chronicling this for myself. But, today scale read 235 lbs. Up 13 lbs, day 23. Strength continues to go up. Got 120'sX6 flat db press. Had a really nice pump. I guess I'll post on Tuesday, upon completion.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
If anybody gives a ****, I'm up to 238.(16 lbs) BDC, I don't doubt the potency of your ****, but, what is going on here. I have 2 days left on cycle, BTW.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by scotty2
If anybody gives a ****, I'm up to 238.(16 lbs) BDC, I don't doubt the potency of your ****, but, what is going on here. I have 2 days left on cycle, BTW.
Believe me...we're tracking your progress and we do care! ;)

What's going on here?  You're growing?  Give me more information...

Chemo

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you made great progress! Congrats!

Andy2k

Awards

good points...personally think the 6-8/9 rep range is best for hypertrophy/size. (same rest scheme though). 12 reps a bit too high for me.
Low reps may not be good for hypertrphy, but they are good for Hyprplasia.
Hyperplasia occurs when the fibres split, and instead of reforming as one fibre, each half generates a new half, effectively creating a new fibre. (hypertrophy is an increase in the number of myofibrils - increasing the size of the fibres)
A routine of high-weight, low reps, followed by a routine of higher reps/ lower weight may pay good dividends.
You should be aware however, that HYPERPLASIA will only occur with 'injury' - which is why those on such high-weight cycles need to wait a week between bodyparts (the soreness is caused by the damage to the fibres)

Just my tuppence worth:D

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
hyperplasia only accounts for less than 10% of muscular gains

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Could also have something to do with the 5000+ cals/day I consume.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
The day after last day of my cycle(yesterday) weighed 240. So, I'm up 18 lbs from the start. Will try to post pics, so you know
I'm not full of ****. Keep in mind, I am a cynic and have no reason to pimp BDC's goods.

Kay

Awards

Low reps may not be good for hypertrphy, but they are good for Hyprplasia.
Hyperplasia occurs when the fibres split, and instead of reforming as one fibre, each half generates a new half, effectively creating a new fibre. (hypertrophy is an increase in the number of myofibrils - increasing the size of the fibres)
A routine of high-weight, low reps, followed by a routine of higher reps/ lower weight may pay good dividends.
You should be aware however, that HYPERPLASIA will only occur with 'injury' - which is why those on such high-weight cycles need to wait a week between bodyparts (the soreness is caused by the damage to the fibres)

Just my tuppence worth:D
as far as i know, there is no scientefic evidence of hyperplasia in humans, only in rats !

snakeman458

Awards
way to go scott monster; damn i hope you keep gains.
will u keep at 5000 cals after the cycle?. and how long will you stay at that cal cunsomption. i am at 4000-4500 and it is killing me to eat that much. i feel sick at the end of day. i am now using 3 shakes to ease the pain in the gut.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I upped them a couple hundred cals(some extra pb). Wait til I start the new cycle, going for 6000!

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Alright, off cycle 5 days, this morning weighed 242(up 2 lbs), someone explain please.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Alright, off cycle 5 days, this morning weighed 242(up 2 lbs), someone explain please.
shoot...with 6000 cals, i aint suprised that you gaining weight after cycle. (ha) you measuring at the same time of the day? the fluxuation of body weight as you know ranges 4-5 pounds easy depending on if you are stepping on the scale in the morning, after meal, after cardio/weight training, during, before sleep...) hey, maybe your post cycle regimine a good stack for getting back. I also went through a even level/slight increase in weight for the first 5-7 days of post but went back down the 2.5 weeks afterwords. Also, it might be that your volume in trainging decrease could help boost that weight slightly.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Haven't gone to 6000 cals/day yet, still stedy 5000

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
hyperplasia only accounts for less than 10% of muscular gains
Yes it does...but...

when you have more muscle fibers.....that gives you more muscle that will grow and possibly split again, etc, etc.

It may represent 10% in the short run but in the long run it represents much more.

LG. :cool:

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
244 lbs yesterday. Strength goes up again, squat 405X6. Off cycle almost 2 weeks.

Andy2k

Awards

as far as i know, there is no scientefic evidence of hyperplasia in humans, only in rats !
Can't lay my hands on the data, but it does work in humans - not as well as other creatures though!
My lecturer was a Senior Chartered Physiotherapist, who had access to the data more readily.

I know that other creatures gain mass from hyperplasia more readily - in fact, it is possible that it accounts for the majority of muscle mass increase in some cases. Some of the experiments were done on birds, where stretching the pectoral muscle was involved. If I remember correctly, a 60-70% increase in muscle fibres was observed.
Just in case anyone fancies trying this - you need to be aware that the bird's wings were pinned back in such a way that they were in a constant stretch for 6 WEEKS!
Humans aren't build the same, but hyperplasia is accepted as occurring in humans, but at a much lower rate than other animals.
It's all down to the satellite cells and how they behave - usually, when a fibre splits, it recombines but increases the number of myofibrils- (hypertrophy); sometimes though, especially when heavy weights/low reps (this includes NEGATIVES) the fibres split in two and the satellite cells then combine with each half to form a new fibre. Hypertrophy of this fibre at a later date will occur in the same way as normal.

garyrabbit

Awards
Great results Scotty keep up the work bro. When does the next cycle start? Keep us updated Peace

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Starting new cycle today. Starting weight 248lbs. Gonna do 16ml(8 squirts)/day T1 and 5500-6000 cals/day.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Starting new cycle today. Starting weight 248lbs. Gonna do 16ml(8 squirts)/day T1 and 5500-6000 cals/day.
20lbs, comin up! Good deal, keep that **** updated and go kick some ass.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Have at it lunchbox! Good luck man, you can do another 20lbs no problem

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
<--------------------Here's what I'm shooting for

DarCSA

Awards
Good luck Scotty. Great gains on the last cycle bro. I hope to see the results of this one later on. 20 pounds is good man. I hope you can get another 20 if you want it.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Day 3, 250 today. Gotta focus on keeping my food down. As some of you know, almost choked to death on a hunk of steak last night. Coughed it up, caught it midair and ate it, much better.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Nothin quite like the taste of partially digested, ralphed-up meat to keep the motivational fires burnin. You's hardcore bubba :D