How long can I stay on PP standalone cycle?

rocknroll

Awards
I know most PP standalone cycles are about 4-5 weeks but how long can one stay on PP safely. I am finishing week 5 and it is still going very well and was considering going for another week.

Advice and insight are welcome and appreciated.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
I know most PP standalone cycles are about 4-5 weeks but how long can one stay on PP safely. I am finishing week 5 and it is still going very well and was considering going for another week.

Well, 5 weeks is all I will do. I think you should cash in your gains while you are still feeling good and go into PCT. You can turn your PCT into the start of an NHA cycle and is recommended.

rocknroll

Awards
Thanks Werewolf- One of my problems is that I will be traveling via air on a short 3 day trip and I am concerned about taking my PCT stuff (liquid) with me. Staying on another few days would let me take pills which aren't as much of a concern. THoughts?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established

Get a blood test ASAP (from your doc or online). If your liver and cholesterol values are still healthy(and you're not getting other bad side effects), go ahead and stay on another week or two or three. If they really suck, start post cycle therapy w/ cycle support, then get tested again in a month or two and see if they're back to normal.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/stickies/32925-safe-cycling-your.html

Popa Murph

Awards
I would stop at 5 weeks as well. It's not unheard of for people to run 6 weeks but I wouldn't. Just because you feel good dosen't mean everything is ok, even if your lipids haven't taken a hit doen't mean your not still taxing your liver.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I ran Pheradrol for 5 weeks... Felt good...

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
5 weeks is fine, every body is different. Place your PCT in your checked luggage.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I would continue PP until u get back from your trip. Of course put your PP caps in a vitamins bottle.

6 weeks is not out of this world, but you must be ready for a well-rounded PCT.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
AND if you go another week make up your mind to be kind to your liver and stay off of all oral steroids for a long while after the PP cycle ends. Also consider taking Milk Thistle for 3 months even after your planned post cycle therapy just to promote its health.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
AND if you go another week make up your mind to be kind to your liver and stay off of all oral steroids for a long while after the PP cycle ends. Also consider taking Milk Thistle for 3 months even after your planned post cycle therapy just to promote its health.
3 months? ;) I take it everyday, lifetime :D

rocknroll

Awards
Yeah...I was taking that and just got a blood test back last week that said liver levels were elevated. I'm going in to see doc again in 4 days for a follow up. Doc also ordered a CT scan and everything came back normal but I'm freakin' nervous...Dang it! I stopped after 5 weeks. I hope I didn't do long term damage.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Yeah...I was taking that and just got a blood test back last week that said liver levels were elevated. ...

I hope I didn't do long term damage.
I don't think you did long term damage. I am pretty sure the liver panel results will come down over the next month or so. I was in your shoes before...i.e. ran Pro-hormones for 10 weeks...yep not too good...liver panel results tested high...waited 3 months and got retested and everything was back to normal.

Milk Thistle won't necessarily protect you while on...it just helps the liver repair itself...so it might be good to run it for a while now. Honestly I don't think it much matters the liver is capable of repairing itself...in 3 months your liver panel should be normal again.

rocknroll

Awards
What about cholesterol levels?
Good question Moyer. My blood test results didn't specify. I received them in the mail. They were very general. Liver was checked for "abnormal" (everything else was "normal" and the doc wrote something along the lines of "abnormal liver levels, will wait for CT Scan results." CTScan was normal. I am scheduled to see him again in 3 days and I am hoping he will share my cholesterol breakdown in addition to drawing more blood.

rocknroll

Awards
I don't think you did long term damage. I am pretty sure the liver panel results will come down over the next month or so. I was in your shoes before...i.e. ran Pro-hormones for 10 weeks...yep not too good...liver panel results tested high...waited 3 months and got retested and everything was back to normal.

Milk Thistle won't necessarily protect you while on...it just helps the liver repair itself...so it might be good to run it for a while now. Honestly I don't think it much matters the liver is capable of repairing itself...in 3 months your liver panel should be normal again.
Thanks a bunch meowmeow. That does help ease some of my anxiety...