Another short cycle - AnabolicMinds.com

Another short cycle

  1. Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    325

    Reputation

    Another short cycle


    Okay, it's been a while since I've reported anything here but here goes.....

    A little history.....
    In 2004 I ran my first cycle. It was an all out 16 weeker of test cyp (500mg/week) and dbol (40mgs/day for first 2 weeks). It was a great cycle in terms of gains. I gained 18 pounds, which is all chronicled on this board somewhere. Anyways, that was great. Unfortunately coming off wasn't quite so much fun. I went into some pretty deep depression lasting about 6 months that required a doctors supervision. Then came the anxiety. Training became totally unimportant to me for that 6 months and, consequently, I lost the majority of my gain. Sad, but true.

    Now....
    Over the past 4-6 months I"ve been experimenting with short cycles (3-4 weeks) with fast acting esters of testosterone and oral only cycles. This seemed like the logical choice after the crash and burn I hit with the long test cycle I had done in the past. I have to say that I don't think I'm ever going back to longer cycles. The gains are great on the shorty's and are easily kept when coming off. Sure I don't bulk up 20 pounds in a couple of months any more but I'm sure my annual gain will be great.

    Current cycle....

    Test Prop 400mgs per week for three weeks + 1 week of tapering down.

    I'm NOT using any anti-e's after any of my short cycles. A friend of mine (an endocrinologist) warned against if for various reasons and I trust him. Besides it's worked on the past two cycles.

    PCT will consist of only some trib, maca, and nettle root

    Starting weight: 181
    BF = 12.1 %

  2. jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2187

    Reputation

    I like short cycles myself. No crash and burn if done correctly and the results are moderate and very keepable. Keep us posted on your progress bro.
  3. Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    325

    Reputation

    Will do bro. I will say however.....test prop is a BIATCH!! Don't feel it upon injection but about 4-5 hours later it damned near criples me. Oh well....No pain No gain!
    •   
       

  4. Ronin13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    369

    Reputation

    Do you think a 4 week oral cycle is short enough not to use an anti-e?



    Quote Originally Posted by Gethuge
    Okay, it's been a while since I've reported anything here but here goes.....

    A little history.....
    In 2004 I ran my first cycle. It was an all out 16 weeker of test cyp (500mg/week) and dbol (40mgs/day for first 2 weeks). It was a great cycle in terms of gains. I gained 18 pounds, which is all chronicled on this board somewhere. Anyways, that was great. Unfortunately coming off wasn't quite so much fun. I went into some pretty deep depression lasting about 6 months that required a doctors supervision. Then came the anxiety. Training became totally unimportant to me for that 6 months and, consequently, I lost the majority of my gain. Sad, but true.

    Now....
    Over the past 4-6 months I"ve been experimenting with short cycles (3-4 weeks) with fast acting esters of testosterone and oral only cycles. This seemed like the logical choice after the crash and burn I hit with the long test cycle I had done in the past. I have to say that I don't think I'm ever going back to longer cycles. The gains are great on the shorty's and are easily kept when coming off. Sure I don't bulk up 20 pounds in a couple of months any more but I'm sure my annual gain will be great.

    Current cycle....

    Test Prop 400mgs per week for three weeks + 1 week of tapering down.

    I'm NOT using and anti-e's after any of my short cycles. A friend of mine (an endocrinologist) warned against if for various reasons and I trust him. Besides it's worked on the past two cycles.

    PCT will consist of only some trib, maca, and nettle root

    Starting weight: 181
    BF = 12.1 %
  5. Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    325

    Reputation

    Well when I asked my friend about it he said that using an anti-e is not always helpfull. An anti-e should only be used, in his opinion, if estrogen is causing problems during the cycle; like gyno, excessive bloating, etc. In such a case he would use a aromatisation inhibitor like letro.

    The basic idea was that tapering is the best solution to allow the body's own systems to gradually come back on-line.
  6. Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    325

    Reputation

    Okay since I'm already on my second week of the cycle I guess I should post my results up till now.

    Current weight: 185
    BF % : 11.8

    So far I'm up 4 pounds and BF is roughly the same (the decrease shown could simply be do to error in measurement). No bloat to speak of and feel strong as hell.

    The test prop is f***ing killing me though. The first few injections went fine but the last two have cause alot of pain in the upcoming hours and the area has turned red. Not an abscess obviously because they disappear after a couple of days but walking is very difficult if I do a quad shot training legs would be impossible for 3-4 days.

    Any suggestions here? I've tried heating the prop first which may help a little but hasn't done much. One guy suggested trying to cut it with standard bicarbonate solution to buffer it and decrease the irritation. Any thoughts?
  7. jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2187

    Reputation

    Well to cut down the pain there's only so much you can do. I would cut it and see if that helps. Short esters are just a pain, literally. Maybe you should try some suspension next run and see if that is any better for ya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gethuge
    Okay since I'm already on my second week of the cycle I guess I should post my results up till now.

    Current weight: 185
    BF % : 11.8

    So far I'm up 4 pounds and BF is roughly the same (the decrease shown could simply be do to error in measurement). No bloat to speak of and feel strong as hell.

    The test prop is f***ing killing me though. The first few injections went fine but the last two have cause alot of pain in the upcoming hours and the area has turned red. Not an abscess obviously because they disappear after a couple of days but walking is very difficult if I do a quad shot and training legs would be impossible.

    Any suggestions here? I've tried heating the prop first which may help a little but hasn't done much. One guy suggested trying to cut it with standard bicarbonate solution to buffer it and decrease the irritation. Any thoughts?
  8. Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    325

    Reputation

    Thanks man. I'll sterilize some oil and attempt that. I can tolerate quite a bit of pain but these past two shots have been horrible. Yesterday everyone was asking what was wrong with me cause I was limping so badly.
  9. Ronin13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    369

    Reputation

    Thanks for the feedback. I would much rather do what you are doing but have no idea where to acquire the stuff and you can never be too careful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gethuge
    Well when I asked my friend about it he said that using an anti-e is not always helpfull. An anti-e should only be used, in his opinion, if estrogen is causing problems during the cycle; like gyno, excessive bloating, etc. In such a case he would use a aromatisation inhibitor like letro.

    The basic idea was that tapering is the best solution to allow the body's own systems to gradually come back on-line.
  10. Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    325

    Reputation

    Well I'm gonna have to cut this cycle a couple of days short unfortunately. I'm going to have family in for the next two weeks. they weren't supposed to arrive till next Friday meaning my cycle would have been complete. Now they are due to arrive Monday evening soooo.... ....I'm going to take my last shot on Sunday and then start in on the herbals.

    Totals:
    Bodyweight: 185.5 lbs.
    BF: 11.9%

    Muscle gain ~4 lbs.

    Not too bad for an old guy lol. With any luck I'll take 3 weeks off and repeat the cycle just before I go on holidays in Cuba.
  11. Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    325

    Reputation

    OH and just in case people have been following along here's how I avoided pain with the last two shots....

    1) Heat the syringe over steaming kettle. (something i've always done but it's important to make sure the contents are nice and warm)
    2) Inject slowly. Allow the oil some time to disperse in the the depot.
    3) Leave the pin in for a couple of seconds after the oil has all been pushed out. Again this allows for more dispersal time so that the oil doesn't stay in one spot or worse come back out behind the pin and irritate the skin.
  12. celicarida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    143

    Reputation

    i dont understand why u went into depression . Did you use any pct?
  13. Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    325

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by celicarida
    i dont understand why u went into depression . Did you use any pct?
    Yup.....PCT was 6 weeks, standard protocol. For some, apparently, depression is a common "withdrawl" from steroids. Usually beginning onset several weeks after stopping use. U must understand that the effects of gear are not only physical but also largely psychological. The general feeling of invincibility while on is caused by the effects of large amounts of testosterone in the system and it's effects directly on the brain. Long cycles can cause a person to feel depressed or inaddiquate when androgen levels drop back to normal after the cycle.
  14. Jared's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gethuge
    OH and just in case people have been following along here's how I avoided pain with the last two shots....

    1) Heat the syringe over steaming kettle. (something i've always done but it's important to make sure the contents are nice and warm)
    2) Inject slowly. Allow the oil some time to disperse in the the depot.
    3) Leave the pin in for a couple of seconds after the oil has all been pushed out. Again this allows for more dispersal time so that the oil doesn't stay in one spot or worse come back out behind the pin and irritate the skin.
    If you like the short cycles but can't stand the pain from prop, might I suggest some of the cyclodextrin compounds that are available. Based on the maple leaf that you are displaying, I am guessing you are Canadian. If so, there is a UG lab that produces awesome cylo-test, bold, and others. Sub-q injections are very tolerable.
  15. Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    325

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    If you like the short cycles but can't stand the pain from prop, might I suggest some of the cyclodextrin compounds that are available. Based on the maple leaf that you are displaying, I am guessing you are Canadian. If so, there is a UG lab that produces awesome cylo-test, bold, and others. Sub-q injections are very tolerable.
    How's bout dropping a buddy an email?
  16. Jared's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    Done.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Opinions on short cycles....
    By Jergo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 02:55 PM
  2. EQ for short cycles?
    By Slowpain in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 08:55 PM
  3. Another first cycle thread - opinions?
    By Ivan Drago in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 11:05 AM
  4. Short cycling and 19Nor 2Weeks On/4 Weeks of
    By neurotic in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2003, 08:31 PM
  5. bulking agent mid-short cycle
    By khafra in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2002, 10:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in