Finally: My Winter Cycle

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
This cycle is a long time in the planning. I've tweaked it from what it was originally going to look like. Here's what I'm planning.

1,4 Andro: Days 1-60: 1.2g
Halodrol: Days 1-30 50mg
4AD (TD): Days 25-60
Max LMG: Days 31-60
Prostan: 25-60 (Unsure if I will add this and if so, what dose)
M-Trn: Days 40-60 3/4.5mg

I will also add in Oratropin. I have 45 days worth, so I would probably like to add it in around day 35.

I'll be taking Sesathin, ALA, Policosanol, Hawthorne Berry, and tons of EFA's.

For PCT, I plan to use Dr. D's "Serm Inverse to ATD" protocol.

Just had blood taken today. I should have the results on Friday. I'm assuming all is well, so I'm starting today. If anything is fishy, I'll stop on Friday and reassess/investigate the issue.

I'll fill in more detail later

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Looks good bud, I am quite interested to see your results with HALO. I think this may be the next compound I use. Best of luck.

jdahlum

Board Supporter
Awards
This looks really interesting! I will be following this one for sure. Good luck man and keep us posted.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
yes master chief, will be watchin how the halo goes for you :)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Today is Day 5. Not much to report yet. I'm thinking the halo will start to kick in next week. The 1,4 Andro will take at least a month.

I'm planning to shoot for recomp for 2-3 weeks, then increase cals substantially for 2-3 weeks, and then I will cut fairly severely to try to clean up the gains. I figure by the time I'm through PCT it will almost be June, so I better be lean by the end of this.

My initial diet looks like this:

Cardio/Rest/Arms
TOTALS:
Protein: 292.5g=1170 calories from P
Carbs: 302g=1208 calories from carbs
62g fiber –248 corrected for fiber=960 cals from carbs
Fat: 50.5g: 455
Calories: 2833—248 from fiber=2585

Back/Chest
TOTALS:
Protein: 305.5g=1222 calories from P
Carbs: 329g=1316 calories from carbs
66g fiber –260 corrected for fiber=1056 cals from carbs
Fat: 65.5g=589 calories from fat
Calories: 3127—260 from fiber=2867

Legs
TOTALS:
Protein: 329.5g=1318 calories from Protein
Carbs: 383g=1532 calories from carbs
72g fiber –292 corrected for fiber=1240 cals from carbs
Fat: 67.5g=612 calories from fat
Calories: 3462—292 from fiber=3170

If you're wondering, yes my colon is rather clean :D

So I will probably bump each of these daily intakes up 300-500 cals per day in a few weeks, and then I will drop them about 300-500 from where they are now in the closing weeks.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The only reason that my diet plan may not be optimum is the fact that I was going to run Oratropin at the end of the cycle, and into PCT. Oratropin seems to work best with a lot of cals. I could run OT for 23 days in the middle, bulking phase, and then continue it for the first 22 days of PCT.

thoughts?

Last edited:
Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Good News: I spoke to the Dr. on the phone today. He said everything in my bloodwork looks great. He actually said that my HDL:LDL was the best he has ever seen :D I'm picking up a copy tomorrow, so I'll post the exact #s then.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Bloodwork Arrived (Minus Test) I got the results from my bloodwork, and I think it all looks good. They had to send out blood for the Test levels, so I don't have that yet.

WBC: 8.8 (4.5-11.0)
RBC: 5.4 (4.2-5.8)
Hgb: 15.6 (13.1-17.1)
Hct: 48.0 (40.0-51.0)
MCV: 88.9 (80.0-100.0)

...ok, this is taking too long. I'll cut to the typical stuff we look for.

ULTRA hTSH II: .91 (.47-5.01)
Free T4: 1.14 (.71-1.85)
Glucose: 87 (70-105)
BUN: 17 (7-18)
Alkaline P: 57 (42-121)
ALT: 31 (10-60)
AST: 26 (10-43)
Cholesterol: 91.0 (0.0-200.0)
Triglycerides: 27 (35-160)
HDL: 39.0 (29.0-85.0)
LDL: Chol/HDL Ratio: 2.3 (3.7-6.7)
LDL: 46.6 (65-131.0)

All the urine stuff came out good, too.

The Dr. told me that my cholesterol is the best he has ever seen. Does that sound right, or may he be a bit off the mark with that comment???

The only thing that struck me is could my LDL be too low? Also, my HDL is in the normal range, but near the bottom of it. I've increased my flax oil and almond intake, and I'm starting Sesathin this week. My only reason for concern is that I am running a methyl right now (Halodrol).

If anyone wants to know anything not listed, just let me know. I have it all, but it'll take forever to post.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Looks good, pm sent

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I haven't been updating much, b/c not much was going on...still early. However, I did have a better than average workout today.

I mentioned that this cycle will be in 3 stages:
1.) Recomp: Days 1-15
2.) Lean bulk: Days 16-45 (w/ Oratropin :D )
3.) Cut: Days 46-60

I have become noticeably leaner in the mid-section, and my arms and shoulders are becoming more vascular. I jumped on the scale for the first time since I started, and I was happy to see that I am up 1lb (195lbs.) This is exactly what I wanted to see at this point. I have a feeling the coming week will be interesting, and the second stage should be even more interesting. Things are starting to look up. I'm training legs tomorrow, and I'm getting amped for the workout already :head:

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I have to subscribe to this. I want to see your progress Beo. I'm interested in seeing how that halo works for you. Good luck man, break 200 and cement it.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, bro, I broke 200 before. I got up to 204, but decided to trim down a bit. I'm hoping to hit 205 before the cutting stage of this cycle.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Wolfy-
What are your thoughts on HALODROL at this point?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, at this point I can't say much. I'm gonna start increasing my calories, probably next weekend, so we'll see. I think it still may be too early to tell.

I'll definitely let you guys know when the magic starts.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Well, today's workout was better than average. Muscles were more pumped and felt nice and full. I weighed in at 196 (+2), but I'm not so sure that is accurate. I'm a wee bit backed up at the moment :(

Nothing too dramatic, but things do seem to be picking up :head:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
62g fiber
I just want to make sure i read this right? 62grams of fiber? Jeez your a c r a p p i n g machine, I bet.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I just want to make sure i read this right? 62grams of fiber? Jeez your a c r a p p i n g machine, I bet.
Yup, you read it correctly. My fiber intake wouldn't be so absurd, except a lot of it comes from Fiber One. 1 Cup has 28g fiber. I used to get hypoglycemic all the time, and I haven't experienced it at all since increasing my fiber intake a while back.

Funny, I said in my last post that I was a bit backed up, and I haven't had my Fiber One in a few days (Oats instead).

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Yup, you read it correctly. My fiber intake wouldn't be so absurd, except a lot of it comes from Fiber One. 1 Cup has 28g fiber. I used to get hypoglycemic all the time, and I haven't experienced it at all since increasing my fiber intake a while back.

Funny, I said in my last post that I was a bit backed up, and I haven't had my Fiber One in a few days (Oats instead).
Fiber 1, huh? I may have to try this. I use Psyllium husks right now.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The Fiber 1 actually tastes pretty good. I'm eating some right now...gotta run...toilet.... ;)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think the HD is really starting to kick in now :D I just had a great workout, and a buddy at the gym told me I look like I've gotten a lot bigger. I stepped on the scale, and I am about another pound.

Strength is getting better, and pumps were great.

I'll keep ya updated!

cabby

Banned
Awards
excellent man, pisses me off that my hd order never went through. hope u get huge!

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I'm going to have to get some of this Fiber 1. Keep growing.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Things are continuing to look up. I did legs today, and I was up on all exercises.

Got a pump writing on the whiteboard today. Veddy nice!

I also think the 1,4 might be starting to kick in. My appetite is increasing, one of the effects of 1,4.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely super motivated in the gym these days. I went in today to hit bis/forearms. I stepped on the scale and weighed in at 199.8lbs! That is a 5.8lb increase since the beginning, 3.8lbs in 4 days. This may just be a typical fluctuation, so I'll weigh in again on Weds. to see if this is a valid increase. I've been steadily increasing cals, and it seems to be paying off.

When I got in the car after, my arms were so pumped that I could barely fasten my seatbelt!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't able to hit the gym today, and I'll be working out at school the next 2 days, so I probably won't get a weight until Saturday. workouts have continued to be good.

I'm 22 days in. Gonna start the 4derm and Max LMG this weekend.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is your previous cycle experience Beo, if you don't mind me asking..In another 15-20lbs I was thinking of running SD and TRN but hadn't seen anybody stack the TRN with any other PH yet, I will be interested to see how that goes for you..

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
My first venture was 19nor/4ad, but I cut the cycle too short to really benefit. I gained a lot of weight, but it dissipated quickly.

2nd try was SD solo. I ran what came out to 14mg per day for 20 days. Went great, but I had to wrap up a Master's thesis during PCT, during which numerous all nighters and not enough protein zapped my gains.

So I'd say my previous experience is extremely mild. This is my first heavy cycle (by my standards)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's cool, I think probably in Sep-Dec, being as I am 170 right now and right in the middle of a pretty decent natty bulk and want to be 180 when I do my first cycle. I know that is pretty light, but I have always been pretty lean, so 180 for me at 5'10 and 9% is pretty decent. Anyway, what do you think of a 4 weeker with TRN throughout and SD the last three weeks?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Check out Ryan's bloodwork again. TRN isn't as bad as people expected, but it does do some damage. I'm thinking you'd probably be better off stacking w/ a non-methyl. Why not go with TST?

There just isn't really much known about TRN (or TST for that matter). We do know that SD seriously messes up some people's lipids, etc. But who knows, the SD/TRN might be great. Although your libido will probably suffer.

Just a thought: on my first 2 mild cycles, my gains were pretty dramatic, and I ate like a beast. I think I actually ate too much, b/c I definitely ended up getting fat. I'd suggest increasing cals gradually, not jumping right into 5000 cals/day.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, usually when I bulk I increase cals by 50, or 75 every other day. Usually from maintenance (around 2700) to upto around 4000. My BMR is 1174, but I am a harsh ecto so I have to stuff my face major. I have always avoided bloat doing it that way, plus I can gain ten pounds and still see my six pack:jaw: Sorry about jacking your log too, and keep up the hard work.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I haven't checked in in a while b/c nothing too dramatic was happening. Jumped on the scale today, and I am at about 199.9lbs. This is great, b/c I am fairly lean. It wasn't obvious for a while, but I think my early experimentation with cals actually paid off. On previous cycles, I would eat so much that I would get fat (though I never realized it until after). I am definitely a bit leaner than when I started, which is great, b/c I am also almost 6lbs heavier.

I started the 4derm on Sunday, and Max LMG @1cap daily. I'll bump that up to 2 this weekend. HD-50 runs out on Thursday. I'll start M-TRN next week. I'll start Oratropin as soon as it arrives :D I am also picking up some IGF from Crowler, so I may use that first. Not sure yet.

Impressions on HD-50
Obviously, results have been solid. I guess I would have to say that it falls just behind the expectations I had based on the comments of some other guys who've been running it. It is definitely not a miracle pill, but it is effective.

1,4 Andro: I really don't know if this is doing anything yet. I'm right at 4 weeks on, which is about how long people usually say it takes to kick in. I have not noticed the increase in hunger that so many others have reported, which leads me to believe that the effects have not begun. I'm gonna bump the dose from 1.2 to 1.6g daily.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya know what's weird Beo..Usually on a bulk I have the same thing as you happen, I do not gain as much weight but I look alot bigger because of how lean I was/am..But this bulk has been really, really weird..All my strength is back to pre-injury levels, I weigh 10lbs more, but I am at least an inch smaller everywhere around and do not look as full...

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Ya know what's weird Beo..Usually on a bulk I have the same thing as you happen, I do not gain as much weight but I look alot bigger because of how lean I was/am..But this bulk has been really, really weird..All my strength is back to pre-injury levels, I weigh 10lbs more, but I am at least an inch smaller everywhere around and do not look as full...
You're right, that is weird :think:

Have you been training w/lower reps? If so, you may not be getting the sarcoplasmic effects, and therefore pumps are decreased and you look/feel smaller. Just a thought.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been doin a classic 4 sets 6-8 reps scheme, 3-4 exercises each day..I have been doing TUT, but limiting the eccentric to 3-4 seconds, ironically in hopes of getting some pure myofribillar hypertrophy going down..lol....Like for example before I hurt myself my arms were 15.3" and looked like they were going to burst out at 160=161..Now at 170 they are only 14"...:wtf:...I think lots of it may have gone in my legs though

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I think we should talk more about Beo's experience and less about yours dude. Holy sweet jackmaster deluxe. :D naaahh.. just messing with you.. kind of.

Beo I don't know how I missed this log.. well i do.. but anyways... Subscrididdlybed....

I've been waiting for a *bulk* Avy update, and not in the gay way either.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I've been waiting for a *bulk* Avy update, in the gay way... ;) .
:run:

:toofunny:

BTW, something I neglected to mention is that at the end of my back workout yesterday I think my shoulders were so pumped that they were interferring with my set. I was doing the Hammer Lat PD machine (motion is actually between a lat PD and a row). I worked up to 160 per side, but could barely get anything. The only thing stopping me was my mobility. The pumps felt damn good, but this was a bit annoying.

Last edited:
Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I was short on time, so I had to fly through a shoulder workout. I started with Arnold's, and worked up to 60x10 w/ slow rep speed. Pretty good considering little rest. Then I supersetted upright rows and db shrugs. Then I hit the Hammer Delt Press machine (2nd time ever), and I worked up to 180x10 in my last set. Immediately after my last set I did a triple drop on DB Lat Raises: 30x8/20x10/15x8.

My shoulder's were so pumped that I literally could not put my seatbelt on. Not bad for a 25 minute workout.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
sometimes the sessions with time constraints turn out to be the best. :D

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I started getting some annoying back pumps today. I worked out at my school, so I didn't take my normal blast of taurine pre-wo. Today was the first day it really hit badly, and it was also the last day of the HD-50. I think this means that taurine should be on hand for anyone who plans to run this stuff, b/c when I didn't take it, the pumps kicked in. It was especially annoying b/c I was doing squats and deads. I could barely move after :frustrate:

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
How does Taurine help with back pumps? I thought it was good for muscle contraction/ cramps. Any insight would be great. Nice Log Beo

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
How does Taurine help with back pumps? I thought it was good for muscle contraction/ cramps. Any insight would be great. Nice Log Beo
I don't understand the mechanism by which it works, but I have felt it working.

Mental??? :blink:

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
that's a drastic improvement from your avy bro.. nice work so far. ;)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Added a lot of muscle, that's obvious. Good work.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
What a fat ass! JK, lookin good bro!