PP/Fini Cycle Log of a Novice

Smallone

Awards
OK. Here is my log. I started a PP/Fini cycle on Monday 2/20 and I’ll do my best to keep you up on what’s going on. Info on me.

Age 35
Height 6’
BF 17% oof Looking to be 250 and 4%BF at the end of the cycle. NO PROBLEM! jk

I’m not sure how accurate all of these are but it’s a base
biceps 15.5 inches
thigh 22.5 inches
chest 40 inches
waist 35.5 inches
calves 15.5 inches

weight: 200

calories-3500
protein-330-400g (whole foods and shakes)
carbs-250-300g (good sources oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, ect)
fat-60-80g (olive oil, flaxseed oil)

I preloaded with

1000 Milk Thistle
1200 Red Yeast
565 Hawthorne Berry
450 Sal Palmetto
120 CoQ10
100 R-Ala
2000 Flaxseed Oil

On Cycle

PP – 1 cap/day before workout for first week then 2 caps/day 1 cap before workout. 1 cap before bed
Fini – 6ML for first week then 12ML/day 6ml before workout. 6ml before bed
Perfect Cycle – 2 caps/day for first 2 weeks 4 caps/day for last 2 weeks
450 Sal Palmetto
1200 Red Yeast
1130 Hawthorne Berry
120 CoQ10
2000 Flaxseed Oil
2000 Taurine

For PCT I will be on Nolva 40,40,20,20 and AX PCT 2caps/day. I’m not sure if this is enough so feedback would be appreciated.

Now some background. I’ve worked out in the past but NOT like I should have been doing. I’m average build and haven’t done a whole lot of lifting for about 8 months or so. Then why am I doing the cycle? Why don’t I just hit the weights hard and watch the diet? I know some of you are ready to pounce on the keyboard and write about how my gains could have been just about as good if didn’t do the cycle and just worked hard in the gym with a good diet. Well, I was so intrigued by all that I’ve read on this site that I couldn’t help myself. And I’m SURE there’s someone else out there just like me that may be ‘lurking’ on this board but isn’t sure whether they should go for it. You think things like ‘These guys are hardcore, they’ve been doing it for so long that my results will pale in comparison to what they achieve’ or ‘I haven’t even looked at a gym in so long that I’m not sure a cycle will help me’. I’m here to find out just what’s possible. I’ve done the diet….but not a REAL diet. I’ve worked with different supplements….but not REAL supplements. So I’m gonna give it a whirl. An average guy with average genetics and an average build that’s just average. I participate in all kinds of rec league sports here in my town but I didn’t play High School or College anything. Nothing special here at all. I’ve been keeping a daily log the last 2 days so they will be posted in the next section. PLEASE feel free to suggest things or changes that may be of benefit.

Smallone

Awards
Mon 2/20

First day! Shouldn’t have mixed Olive Oil with my breakfast (carbs/fats) but oh well, 1 day shouldn’t hurt anything. Superman shake was tasty (no oil) and I’m looking forward to getting back into working out again. I could go on a commercial ‘cause I’M FULL! Dang, all this eating is hard to get used to.

1st workout went well. I hate legs. My head hurts a little but I think it’s from doing legs and getting dizzy. Did I mention I hate legs? Rest of the day went pretty smoothly and I’m looking forward to getting 20 hours of sleep. I’m TIRED! I won’t get 20 but I’ll settle for 9ish. I still have my headache at 9PM. Hope those don't continue throughout this cycle.

Smallone

Awards
Tue 2/21

Headache is gone and I slept like a baby. I wasn't sure I would be able to get to sleep 'cause I was miserable from eating so much. I was actually hungry when I got up so it's back at it with all the food. On my first day I was 47/33/20 and I'd like to be 40/40/20 so what's a guy to do? Cook 2lbs of wheat spaghetti! That should help get the carbs up a little. Sure beats eating 3,000,000g of broccoli.

Just had another Superman shake WITH the olive oil added this time and it looks like I'm gonna be having another one in about 10 minutes 'cause I don't think I can keep this one down! I'm about to make my own salad dressing all over my shoes! YUCK! I'm NOT doing that again. I'll take the oil straight and leave it out of the shake.

Workout went AWESOME. I FEEL GOOD!! (duh na na na na na na) I didn’t get tired at all between sets. Not sure if it was the PP/Fini or the change in diet but whatever it was I’m happy. No headaches today. Appetite is starting to go into overdrive and the body is adjusting. Having a hard time not mixing occasional carbs/fat for a meal. Not very often....maybe 1 meal a day. Wondering if it will affect my fat gains. I want to build mass and still lose weight but I'm not sure where that balance is. Maybe 45/40/15? I'm not taking any carbs after about 7 at night and I'm trying to get 3 days of cardio in a week. Need to take off some of this 17% lard I'm carrying around.

Off day tomorrow so no updates for a couple.

Smallone

Awards
Wed 2/22

It’s my day off but I’ll give a short update. Body feels pretty good today. I was expecting more pain from my legs since I haven’t done much in the last 8 months. There’s some minor aches and pains but nothing unbearable.

I am changing my workout a little since talking to one of the guys on this board. He’s the Winner of North America’s ‘Big Arms 2005 Tournament of Champions’ and publisher of the book ‘See My Hugeness, Be My Hugeness’. His name is Diplomats and he’s been a BIG help so far. Answered all of my questions and his log is very well done. Good info and the guy’s a damn human guinea pig with all the supps he stacks. The mods should give him 1000 rep points for being so patient answering all of my questions so far. He gave me a workout to try so I’ll be doing that for the next few weeks. I’m having lunch with some friends today so eating should be interesting. I don’t want to cheat since I just started this diet. I may not eat and may chug a shake or eat a bar on my way back to work. Maybe I can get a grilled chicken breast with nothing else on it? Hmmmm. More tomorrow.

Jakspro

Awards
Hey i'm thinking about doing the same cycle... I plan on cutting and useing different dosages...

Week 1 20mg PP / 12 Fini
Week 2 20mg PP / 12 Fini
Week 3 30mg PP / 18 Fini
Week 4 30mg PP / 18 Fini

Let me know how you respond to your dosages, so i dont use to much... And on how shut down you are as well...

Good Luck!

Smallone

Awards
Hey i'm thinking about doing the same cycle... I plan on cutting and useing different dosages...

Week 1 20mg PP / 12 Fini
Week 2 20mg PP / 12 Fini
Week 3 30mg PP / 18 Fini
Week 4 30mg PP / 18 Fini

Let me know how you respond to your dosages, so i dont use to much... And on how shut down you are as well...

Good Luck!
I've read a lot of different PP cycles and read up on as much as I could before starting this stuff and everything I've read has pointed to 30mg of PP not helping in just about every case of those that went to 30mg. Some even found that it hindered more than anything. At this point I would highly recommend staying with 20mg since you're stacking it with Fini and the fact that you're only 20 years old. I wouldn't go above 12 on the Fini either since you're stacking with PP......and because you're 20! I may have a different opinion in 3 weeks but for right now I'd suggest you go with 10/20/20/20 on the PP and 6-12/12/12/12 on the Fini for your cycle. Re-evaluate in the 2-3 week part of your cycle on whether or not you should up the Fini. Depending on you weight, size, ect. I'd also suggest maybe throwing a question or 2 past Diplomats or some others on what they suggest since they're the real experts in this. I'd also look into a really good PCT. I'm still not convinced that what I'm going to be using for my PCT is all that I should be doing. I know the Nolva is a sure thing but I'm wondering if there's some other stuff I should be looking into as well. I haven't had any feedback on that part of my cycle yet.

I will let you know every step of the way how things are going and how it all turns out. I'm finding that keeping a log is a really nice way to track things and it forces me to keep up on my progress a lot more. Keep popping in from time to time!

Jakspro

Awards
Very True about staying at 20mgs... I've also read the same, but on other boards others highly recommended going to 30mg, but you also brought up another good point, I am only 20 years old...

About the Fini though, i heard it was an extremely weak compound, thus is why i wanted to go with a higher dosage. And most importantly I'm Cutting... Which is why i'm scept to use PP in the first place for this cycle. (I dont want to hi-jack your thread, so enough about that)

Now, are you experiancing any bloat? I'd assume that Fini would sorta limit that, but still PP is known to blow you up...
And if you are, are you taking Nolva during cycle? Gyno prevention as well, not to mention it could lower your blood Pressure.... Speaking of which, what was your BP before cycle, and how is it on?

Mine gets REALLY high, even on Clen i have to take Celery and Hawthorne...

For PCT, mine will go L-Dex, Clomid, Nolva, Retain, Tong Kat, Trib... Dunno if thats enough or too much... All i know is that i got SHUT DOWN on Max LMG (Only previous cycle, ran it solo as well)...

Smallone

Awards
Very True about staying at 20mgs... I've also read the same, but on other boards others highly recommended going to 30mg, but you also brought up another good point, I am only 20 years old...

About the Fini though, i heard it was an extremely weak compound, thus is why i wanted to go with a higher dosage. And most importantly I'm Cutting... Which is why i'm scept to use PP in the first place for this cycle. (I dont want to hi-jack your thread, so enough about that)
Hmmmm....I hadn't read that about the Fini. I would still suggest you stay at 12 for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. If you're still making gains then I wouldn't move. If not, then think about moving up to 18 and/or try increasing your cals/day with more proteins. You may even be able to run Fini for 6 weeks instead of 4. Once again, I'm not the expert so ask around. I'm not cutting but I'd sure LOVE to lose a few lbs of fat while on the cycle. This 17%BF sux! A couple of years ago I was 7%. I can't believe how much I've let myself go. But I digress. I wouldn't know what to tell you on the cutting part.

Now, are you experiancing any bloat? I'd assume that Fini would sorta limit that, but still PP is known to blow you up...
And if you are, are you taking Nolva during cycle? Gyno prevention as well, not to mention it could lower your blood Pressure.... Speaking of which, what was your BP before cycle, and how is it on?

Mine gets REALLY high, even on Clen i have to take Celery and Hawthorne...

For PCT, mine will go L-Dex, Clomid, Nolva, Retain, Tong Kat, Trib... Dunno if thats enough or too much... All i know is that i got SHUT DOWN on Max LMG (Only previous cycle, ran it solo as well)...
So far no bloat. I think I look bloated before going to bed at night but in the mornings I swear I've lost a little weight. Might be an optical illusion but I haven't had any bloating issues as of yet. Mind you I'm only 4 days into it so far.

I'm not taking Nolva during cycle but I do have it for gyno emergencies and for PCT. This is my first cycle so I don't know if I'm prone to gyno so I'm just waiting to see what happens. I've done some reading and I may actually get another bottle and use the one I have now for preventive medicine.

My BP was great before I started and it's still great now. I"ve always had good luck with BP. I'll let you know if any of that changes in the next couple of weeks.

Everything I've seen so far is that PP is a great cycle with little to no shut down like some of the other stuff out there. When I hit that point I'll still be logging and I'll keep you informed.

Smallone

Awards
Thur 2/23

Ready for another day! I’m a little more sore today even after having a day off but still not as bad as I thought I would be. I’ve been doing a lot of stretching at night and I think that’s helped. With the exception of one whiz a night I’ve been sleeping REALLY well. I feel great in the mornings.

Workout went well. I’m so frickin’ weak at chest exercises. I guess I really need to strengthen my shoulders. They tire before anything else does. I still had good recovery between sets and was very focused. No adverse effects to report of so far. My appetite is good and I’m not feeling so ‘full I could puke’ after a meal with solid foods. I do get a little bloated after shakes and protein bars because I take in a lot of water at that time but the solid meals are getting easier to finish and I’m not asking myself “How in the heck am I gonna eat another meal in 2-3 hours!” I’m starting to get the whole diet thing figured out and am now closer to 43/37/20. The FitDay thing is the shizz-nit! Kind of a pain to get it setup at first but MAN what a huge help.

I’m a little fatigued tonight but I think my body is still adjusting to the heavy lifting from the workouts. Can’t wait to hit the sack and get started again tomorrow. It’s hard not to want to jack my PP up to 20 and the Fini up to 12 right now but I’m gonna be patient. I know it takes some time for everything to kick in. I wish I was on day 24 instead of 4. I'll be posting weight and strength gains on Monday since that's the end of week 1. I'm almost embarrased to post my starting lifting weights but hey, ya gotta start somewhere! Besides, my 6 year old daughter braids my hair for entertainment so I have no pride left. :blink:

Smallone

Awards
Fri 2/24

Woke up this morning with some tightness in my chest. I’m 99% sure it’s from my workout yesterday but I’m keeping an eye on it. BP is good. We’ll see how the day goes.

Workout went well again. I was little more fatigued at the end of this one than I had been at the end of the others but maybe it’s the whole week catching up to me. I did some lat raises (which I also did earlier in the week) and my numbers are up on them so it appears my strength is slowly coming along. The tightness in my chest is better this afternoon but my boobies hurt from the chest workout yesterday. I’m sure that’s where the tightness came from. Yawning a little more this afternoon than the rest of the week and it seems my body is still active but at the same time exhausted. Weird. Maybe it’s because it’s late afternoon and my body knows it’s time to go home for the day. Tomorrow I’ll do my last workout of the week, take Sunday off, and then start again on Mon. I’ll know more then about strength gains, weight gains, ect. I’ll also start posting starting workout weights, current workout weights, what exercises I’m doing and when. There’s a reason most people don’t post their first week’s log……pretty boring so far.

Smallone

Awards
Sat 2/25

It’s Sun night and I haven’t updated so I need to catch up. Not many people following this up to now so it’s not a big deal but I need to keep on it for myself. Good workout again. Mostly isolation exercises per Diplomats workout he gave me. Biceps and triceps. I periodically throw in abs and calves during the week as I have time and depending on how I feel. Doesn’t feel like I’m necessarily getting the recuperation between sets like I have been most of the week but still a good day. Diet’s easier to keep up with today since I have the day off. I’m driving my wife crazy because I have to ‘eat at this time’ and ‘it has to be this’. She’ll get used to it. Only about 7 or so weeks to go.

Smallone

Awards
Sun 2/26

I was happy to take today off. My muscles needed the rest. I took some softball BP this afternoon which helped take my mind off of working out and my diet for a while.

First week is over and so here are my observations. I seem a little fuller but I’m convinced it’s just water weight at this point. I don’t see any strength gains yet. No extra vascularity. No ‘full’ pumps this week at all even though I haven’t seriously lifted in quite a while. If I had it to do all over again I would have lifted for a good 2-4 weeks before starting the cycle just to get back some of the strength gains I had from before. I haven’t had any adverse effects all week so I’m looking forward to going to 20 on the PP and 12 on the Fini tomorrow.

Quick update just before bed. Truth is…..I’m kinda depressed. I weighed myself tonight and I’m up 5lbs. Unfortunately, according to the Accu-Measure 2000 I’m also up 2-3% on my BF! So if my math is right….hmmmm…..yep. On 200lbs that’s 5lbs of BF. So much for the 'fullness' being water weight. Yippee. I gained a bunch of fat this week. Just what I didn’t need. I had my BF measured at the Y the first time with a personal trainer and a really good caliper. 3 spots for the measurement. Came in at between 17-18% which makes me think the Accu Measure reading is right. Weighed myself on the same scale to eliminate error from that. Frustrating. For anyone reading this, is this normal? I’m taking in about 3400-3500 cals/day, day desk job, only real cardio this week was from working out. Only things I ate all week were oats, Big 100 bars, Myoplex shakes, grilled chicken breasts, wheat spaghetti, olive oil, canned tuna in water, fat free milk, raw broccoli, ON Whey protein shakes, Muscle Milk and some occasional fat free cottage cheese and an apple before bed. The split was about 45% Proteins, 35% Carbs, 20% Fats. ANY ideas? HELP! More cardio? Less carbs and fats? A mix of the two? I wanna gain but I don’t want it all to be fat?!?! Damn. Nice way to end the week.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Subscribed.

The thing about the fat gain is strange. Maybe the PP is taking longer to kick in. It didn't fully kick in for me until day 8 or 9, thats why longer cycles of PP are recommended, 4 weeks instead of 3.

Make sure your putting out the workload for all you eat. On PP you can get away with working out more frequently then you normally do.

Give it a few days, I'm sure you'll see some positive effects start happening!

Smallone

Awards
Thanks. I was REALLY frustrated last night but I'm not gonna let that get me down. I have to remember that it's only been 1 week so there's no reason to panic just yet. I'm stepping up to 20 on the PP and 12 on the Fini so we'll see how things look at the end of the week. I posted this on Diplomats log and I'll post it here as well for anyone interested. This is my first week's log of the foods I ate. A little more info on it includes the fact that I start eating about 8 in the morning and finish about 9 or so at night. 6 meals. Foods are in the order that I ate them. I have my workouts about 1 hour after the 'protein oatmeal shake' (which is a superman shake without the oil). The myoplex mixed with a scoop of ON whey and occasional dextrose are my post workout shakes. Meals are approx 8, 10:30, 1, 3:30, 6, 8:30. Little to no carbs after 7PM. I haven't been doing much if any cardio and I have a desk job.

View attachment WeeklyDietMonTueWed.doc

View attachment WeeklyDietThurFriSat.doc

Smallone

Awards
Mon 2/27

I’ve decided not to get too caught up on the weight thing. It’s just one week and I’m curious to see what happens in the next 3 soooooooooo………undaunted by my 5lb weight gain I’m once again ready to hit the gym for leg day. Have I mentioned how much I hate doing legs? With the PP/Fini coursing through my veins I hammered out my first few sets of squats and surprisingly enough all of my lifts were up. I can tell my lower back needs work. It was fatigued going into the 3 working set but I still managed to get the reps I was looking for. Weight was up and reps were too. Taking the taurine before and after workouts I think will help me a lot on leg exercises among others that put strain on the back. Eating the 3300-3500 cals are getting pretty easy now that my body has been adjusting for a week. I’m not sure it will be easy going back to a normal intake when this is all over. I’m growing fond of those oatmeal protein shakes. Here are my numbers from a week ago on today’s lifts.

2/20/06
Squats 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x165E, 9x185M, 6x215H

Well…..that’s all I have to report from last week. I changed my workout routine on Tues the 21th so I have nothing to compare some of my exercises to. On the 20th I also did Deadlifts but now I do those on Thursdays. The ‘E’ ‘M’ ‘H’ I put behind the numbers tell me how difficult the last rep was for that weight. Easy, Medium, Hard. It helps me to look back and know if the 12th rep at 165 was hard for me to get up or not. I could have done more pretty easily but stopped. This helps me the following week when I get ready to start my working sets so that I don’t start too low. As you can see the 6 reps at 215 I had a hard time getting the last rep out and probably couldn’t have got another one.

2/27/06
Squats 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x185M, 8x225H, 8x225H (not a bad change from the 20th!)

I also did leg presses, leg curls (since we don’t have a hack squat machine……good grief…..who doesn’t have a hack squat machine?!?! I may change these to lunges or something else) and standing calf raises. I guess I can give you my numbers on the calf raises.

2/21
Standing Calf Raises 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x160E, 10x200M, 8x240H

2/24
Standing Calf Raises 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x200E, 10x240M, 8x280H

2/27
Standing Calf Raises 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x240M, 9x280H, 7x300H (stack)

That’s a pretty good 1 week diff. Still weak compared to most of you guys out there but I had to start somewhere! More tomorrow.

Smallone

Awards
HEY! I just noticed that I actually got a rep point from someone! Thanks to whoever took the time to send the comment!

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
Dude do not let that 5 pound gain get to you, i am very sure that it is dude to water retention, because you just started eating more and training harder. Give it 2 more weeks and you will feel the POWER of stacking both compounds. Like i said if the 5 pounds worry you toomuch, do cardio 3 time a week. So you are getting to like my oatmeal shakes huh, You can also do them with gatorade, or apple juice for added Vitamine C. Have fun. YOU WILL GROW, trust me. Keep at it.

Holla at me if anything. Great log

Smallone

Awards
Dude do not let that 5 pound gain get to you, i am very sure that it is dude to water retention, because you just started eating more and training harder. Give it 2 more weeks and you will feel the POWER of stacking both compounds. Like i said if the 5 pounds worry you toomuch, do cardio 3 time a week. So you are getting to like my oatmeal shakes huh, You can also do them with gatorade, or apple juice for added Vitamine C. Have fun. YOU WILL GROW, trust me. Keep at it.

Holla at me if anything. Great log
Ahhhhh! The great master has visited his humble students log! :woohoo:

Thanks for visiting Dips. For any of you that haven't read Diplomats log you REALLY need to. Lots of VERY good info. He just recently posted new pics on page 13 of his log (page 13.....Holy crap!) and you should see this guy. He's a monster. HUGE arms. Keep up the good work Dips.

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
Ahhhhh! The great master has visited his humble students log! :woohoo:

Thanks for visiting Dips. For any of you that haven't read Diplomats log you REALLY need to. Lots of VERY good info. He just recently posted new pics on page 13 of his log (page 13.....Holy crap!) and you should see this guy. He's a monster. HUGE arms. Keep up the good work Dips.
He,he. Thanks a bunch for the compliments bro, but one thing, i am still a student, still learning bro, just like you and most of the people here on this board.

Thanks again bro, i really appreciate it

Like i said anyway i can help, please do not hesitate:run:

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
Wed 2/22

It’s my day off but I’ll give a short update. Body feels pretty good today. I was expecting more pain from my legs since I haven’t done much in the last 8 months. There’s some minor aches and pains but nothing unbearable.

I am changing my workout a little since talking to one of the guys on this board. He’s the Winner of North America’s ‘Big Arms 2005 Tournament of Champions’ and publisher of the book ‘See My Hugeness, Be My Hugeness’. His name is Diplomats and he’s been a BIG help so far. Answered all of my questions and his log is very well done. Good info and the guy’s a damn human guinea pig with all the supps he stacks. The mods should give him 1000 rep points for being so patient answering all of my questions so far. He gave me a workout to try so I’ll be doing that for the next few weeks. I’m having lunch with some friends today so eating should be interesting. I don’t want to cheat since I just started this diet. I may not eat and may chug a shake or eat a bar on my way back to work. Maybe I can get a grilled chicken breast with nothing else on it? Hmmmm. More tomorrow.
And the winner is.......diplo....no sorry wrong name the winner is ..SMALLONE. No really dude your funny men, oh i will be mailing you the trophy.

Eat clean, when you feel the urge to cheat drink a protein shake, eat a protein bar, eat a banana, DO NOT INDULGE IN BAD EATING event if you might think that you are on the best stack possible, do not eat shitty. Eating clean while on a good stack such as this what will differentiate you from countless others who think they can cheat here and there, because Phera-plex, finigenx, superdrol, will help. Control your cravings are you will be shocked at the end of this stack.

Lol at the human "Guinea pig" post. I cannot argue with you on that, i have to find out what works for me men. Right now i am really loving X-factor...

Take care.

Smallone

Awards
SCHWEET! My own trophy!

Even though I told myself I'd give myself 1 cheat meal a week I haven't been able to do it yet. I know what you mean about not cheating and being careful while on the stack. I feel that if I'm going to invest this kind of time and money into something I really need to try and do it right. And I mean RIGHT.....well...as right as I know how at this stage. Each stack will teach me something new but I'm doing my best with the information I've got for this stack. I'm not going to cheat, I know I can stay the course for the entire 4 weeks of cycle and 4 weeks of PCT. I mean what's 8 weeks of your life? I hope it's worth it at the end of it all.

Smallone

Awards
Tue 2/28

Felt really tired and fatigued when I woke up this morning. I’m not sure why. I’ve been sleeping really well. At about 10 or so it went away and I started feeling a lot better. I was happy about that since today is chest day and I really need to do a lot of work on my chest. I actually need more work on my shoulders and triceps but hey, who doesn’t love chest day? By workout time (12:00) I was ready to go. Workout went well as usual but nothing extraordinary like vascular tightness or huge raging adrenaline pumps. I’m hoping that kind of stuff starts to come this week since I upped my doses but I may have to hope for next week. Here’s where I’m at today with my exercises.

2/23
Incline Bench 2 warmup sets, working sets 8x135M, 8x135H, 7x135H
Decline Bench 2 warmup sets, working sets 8x135M, 8x135H, 8x135H
Incline Flyes 2 warmup sets, working sets 8x40M, 8x40H, 6x40H

2/28
Incline Bench 2 warmup sets, working sets 10x135E, 7x165H, 6x165H
Decline Bench 2 warmup sets, working sets 8x165M, 6x175H, 6x165H
Incline Flyes 2 warmup sets, working sets 10x40M, 8x45H, 7x45H

Please keep the snickering to yourself. Yes, I know. I told you I was weak at bench. I mean 135 DECLINE??? Good grief. I was once able to do twice that. I’d be lucky to push 200 on the flat bench which is still pretty bad for my weight. I still feel it’s more my tris and shoulders. They tend to give out long before my pecs start to really ache. Well, I had to start somewhere and I swore I’d be truthful with the log so there you have it. It’s still a good gain from where I was just 5 days ago! Onward and upward.

Tomorrow’s my off day so unless I have something important to report I’ll catch up again on Thursday.

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
SCHWEET! My own trophy!

Even though I told myself I'd give myself 1 cheat meal a week I haven't been able to do it yet. I know what you mean about not cheating and being careful while on the stack. I feel that if I'm going to invest this kind of time and money into something I really need to try and do it right. And I mean RIGHT.....well...as right as I know how at this stage. Each stack will teach me something new but I'm doing my best with the information I've got for this stack. I'm not going to cheat, I know I can stay the course for the entire 4 weeks of cycle and 4 weeks of PCT. I mean what's 8 weeks of your life? I hope it's worth it at the end of it all.
You will make gains. I remember my first stack ever was VPX SYNGEX 1 and SYNGEX 2 stacke together for 4 weeks. I had never trained hard, ate right and even getting 8 hrs sleep b4. I ended up gaining 10 rockhard solid than a mutha pounds. I gave that cycle all i had, not even one cheat meal. I took in 12 oz chicken Breast and 1 cup of brown rice like 4 times a day and drank 3 weight gainer shakes, and one postworkout blend.

Keep it going bro, keep it going

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
Please keep the snickering to yourself. Yes, I know. I told you I was weak at bench. I mean 135 DECLINE??? Good grief. I was once able to do twice that. I’d be lucky to push 200 on the flat bench which is still pretty bad for my weight. I still feel it’s more my tris and shoulders. They tend to give out long before my pecs start to really ache. Well, I had to start somewhere and I swore I’d be truthful with the log so there you have it. It’s still a good gain from where I was just 5 days ago! Onward and upward.

Tomorrow’s my off day so unless I have something important to report I’ll catch up again on Thursday.

Bro so you too have the weak triceps problem. One of my old clients had thesame problem. Here is what you do. Since your triceps are weak, you will not be able to fatigue you chest enough to spur growth, so you should start your chest workout like this

PEC DECK or FLYES: 2-3 sets warmups and 2 alllout working set (I mean allout madman intensity). Then without resting jump right on to the incline bench.
INCLINE BENCH: 4 working sets
DECLINE BENCH: 2 warmups 3 working sets

note:this is a prexhaustion workout so you will not be as strong as if you just went straight to incline bench. But you muscle would have taken a beating from flyes or pec deck that when you hop on the incline bench and start pressing, the muscle fibers will be sreaming help help!!and that my friend is a very good thing.

as for the weak triceps, you might want to incorporate some dips, close grip and skull crushers into your workout, you will need more volume in there too, as they require more work, since that are lagging behind.

Smallone

Awards
I'm on it! The pre exhaustion thing is a great idea. I know it won't allow me do much weight but I'm more concerned with growth right now than how much weight I can push up. I'm making that change for next week.

I do isolation on Sat with my bis and tris per your suggestion. I'd like to do dips but when should I slide those in? Last exercise on chest days? On Sat after or during the tris? I used to actually enjoy dips and I'd love to work them back in somewhere.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I'm on it! The pre exhaustion thing is a great idea. I know it won't allow me do much weight but I'm more concerned with growth right now than how much weight I can push up. I'm making that change for next week.

I do isolation on Sat with my bis and tris per your suggestion. I'd like to do dips but when should I slide those in? Last exercise on chest days? On Sat after or during the tris? I used to actually enjoy dips and I'd love to work them back in somewhere.

I'd do the dips on both days!!! On chest days, lean foreward so you recruit more chest. On tricep days, try to stay erect so it works the triceps more.

Smallone

Awards
I'd do the dips on both days!!! On chest days, lean foreward so you recruit more chest. On tricep days, try to stay erect so it works the triceps more.

I may as well! I could certainly use the extra work on the tris. The days are spaced far enough apart where it may be OK to do both days. My recovery has been great on this cycle so far!

Smallone

Awards
Thur 3/2

OK. Had a great day off. It’s such a catch 22. You don’t want to take a day off since you’re on cycle but man it’s nice to have a break. I had a great workout today. I really think this stuff is starting to kick in finally. It’s kinda weird though. I don’t have the urge to wanna push weight around or anything. No heightened aggression at all, nothing out of the ordinary, no massive pumps, finish a hard set of something and you don’t feel like putting your fist into a wall, no flushed face or anything that would typically be misconstrued as a ‘rise in testosterone’ or anything like that. The strength is just there. I don’t know how else to put it…..it’s just…..there. I will say I like it! If I could do it I’d never go off of this stuff. I sleep well, I’m focused, my workouts are great, and I’m gaining strength. I’m pleased most with how my legs are adjusting. They seem to really be coming along well for strength gains. The upper body is still bad but maybe it will follow soon. Overall I’m really still a weak, fat, weenie boy but the gains are slowly coming. Here’s how it went today compared to the week prior with commentary. Some of this may get a little confusing but I’ll do my best to sort it all out for you.

2/16
Deadlifts 3 sets of 8x95 *(See Below)

2/20
Deadlifts 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x95E, 9x105M, 6x145H **
Chin Ups 2 warmup sets, working sets 10x-85E, 8x-70M, 8x-55H ***
Barbell Rows 2 warmup sets, working sets 8x95E, 8x95M, 8x105H
Seated Calf Raises 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x80E, 8x100H, 8x100H

3/2
Deadlifts working sets 12x115E, 12x135E, 12x155M, 12x185H ****
Chin Ups 2 warmup sets, working sets 8x-40M, 8x-25H, 4xBodyweight
Barbell Rows 2 warmup sets, working sets 8x115M, 8x125H, 8x135H *****
Seated Calf Raises 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x90E, 12x115H, 9x140H

* This was the week prior to starting the cycle. I was just trying to get back into the swing of things from not having done anything in 8 months or so. I wasn’t trying to go for maxes or anything but I do distinctly remember having a hard time with the 8th rep of the last set. So set 3 would be 8x95H. Up to this point I had never done Deadlifts before……ever. How dumb was I? What a great exercise! I’m totally digging them now.

** I did Deadlifts 4 days later on the first day of the cycle and they, as you can see, went much better than the first day. Maybe I was just fatigued the first day or something. Anyway, good improvement.

*** The Y has a Paramount machine where you can stand on a bar thing and use weight as a counterbalance to help assist in dips and/or chin ups. That’s what the negative numbers are for in case you were wondering. So on my last set I did 8 reps with the pin in the 55 weight spot for assistance and was just able to get 8…….with 55 pounds of help. Weak.

**** Diplomats told me to only do 4 sets of 12 so this week I changed to doing that. They felt SOOOO good today for some reason! I just kept throwing weight on and it didn’t seem to slow me down at all. I could have done 15-20 reps at 185 on the last set. I felt SCHTRONG!!!! I think I could have done 200+ for 6 pretty easily.

***** I am a real stickler for good form on all of my exercises. I’m not going to arch my back and swing hard just to throw up a barbell curl and then claim I got 3 more out of the set. I REALLY try to focus on form. If I can’t get the last rep I may cheat a teensy bit but only on the last rep and only if necessary. Well……I cheated a little on the last rep of the last set. But 7 good form at 135 after being at 125 the previous set is still pretty good. It was more of a little ‘oomph’ at the end to get the 8th rep.

Overall I feel I’m making great progress! My back is a little tender tonight from the Deads but otherwise I feel fantastic. I know I get a little long winded in my logs but I know I’ll need all of this info when I get ready to start my 2nd cycle. Thanks for bearing with me.

Smallone

Awards
Fri 3/3

Another good day. My lower back is still tender and little tight but it’s getting better. 5-6 nights a week I do some stretching exercises and they’ve really helped a lot. Both in recovery and maintaining some flexibility. I highly recommend working some stretching into your routine if you don’t already do it. I’m starting to get the oily skin thing and my muscles are starting to feel ‘tighter’ for lack of a better word so the stuff must be kicking in to some degree.

2/21
Barbell Shoulder Press 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x30E, 9x40H, 8x40H
Front Raises 2 warmup sets, working sets 9x30H, 8x30H, 8x30H
Barbell Shrugs 2 warmup sets, working sets 10x135E, 10x185E, 10x185M

3/3
Barbell Shoulder Press 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x40M, 10x45M, 8x50H
Side Lat Raises 2 warmup sets, working sets 8x20M, 8x20H, 8x20H (First Week of these)
Front Raises 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x30H, 10x35H, 8x40H
Barbell Shrugs 2 warmup sets, working sets 12x185E, 10x235H, 8x275H

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
Hey Smalls, Check this out bro, you want to do deads every other workout, so thats twice a month bro, you might make better gains that way. Thats what i have been doing and i have made mad gains. I read about this way from and article that Milos Sarcev wrote.

Smallone

Awards
Hey Smalls, Check this out bro, you want to do deads every other workout, so thats twice a month bro, you might make better gains that way. Thats what i have been doing and i have made mad gains. I read about this way from and article that Milos Sarcev wrote.
So do Deads every other LEG day? Or just do Deads every other week on a different day than legs? Still twice a month either way but not sure if I should separate them from my leg days.

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
So do Deads every other LEG day? Or just do Deads every other week on a different day than legs? Still twice a month either way but not sure if I should separate them from my leg days.

No you should do deads only on back days bro. Something like this

CONCERNTRATES MORE ON WIDTH OF BACK

Deads
Chin-ups (wide grip)
seated cable rows (wide grip)

CONCERNTRATES MORE ON THICKNESS OF BACK

Barbell rows
Cable pulldowns (wide grip)
One Arm dumbell rows ( resting the arm on your inner thighs)

Alternate between each workouts working width in one week and thickness in the next etc

Doing squats and deads on leg day, assuming you are going really hard, you know allout intensity, could lead to overtraining. So just stay with Leg press, Squats, hack squats, etc

Smallone

Awards
OK Dips. I'll move Deads to every other week. Here was your first routine for me when I started.

Monday: Incline Bench, Decline bench, Incline flyes. (5 sets and reps should fail at the 8 rep, 5 sets involve 2 warm ups and stretching and 3 working sets)

Tuesday: OFF

Wednesday: Squats, Leg press, Hack Squats (5 sets and reps should fail at the 8 rep, 5 sets involve 2 warm ups and stretching and 3 working sets)
Thursday: Barbell curls, Incline curls, preacher dumbell curls (same set as above). Skull Crusher, close grip, pushdown.

Friday: OFF

Saturday: Deadlifts, Chin-ups, Barbell rows (deads stay at 4 sets 12 reps)
Sunday: Shoulder press, sidelaterals, front raise.

I haven't changed much from your suggestions. I've only changed the days I do things on so that I'd have Wed and Sun off instead of Tue and Fri. Heading into my 3rd week do you have any other suggestions to add/subract from the routine?

Smallone

Awards
Sat 3/4

Did a bunch of isolation exercises today for Bi’s and Tri’s. Workout wasn’t quite as focused as the rest of the week had been. I really pushed hard this last week and probably need some recovery time. Tomorrow will be that day. I don’t have my workout cards with me at the moment but everything was up at least 10lbs on most everything. Barbell curls, Incline Curls, Preachers, Dips, Skull Crushers, and pushdowns were the exercises. I’ll post weights if anyone ends up interested.

Smallone

Awards
Sun 3/5

Off day. Got up later than usual but was fatigued most of the day. Took a nap in the afternoon and am still ready for bed at 10. I’m really glad I took the whole day off to rest. I wanna be ready for the next two weeks. I need to make as much progress as possible in the next two weeks since I really only work out 10 of the next 14 days ‘on cycle’. Skin is definitely more oily. I am still fat but I am looking wider and feeling more ‘full’. I will weigh myself tomorrow and that will hopefully give me a better idea of how I’m coming along. According to the Accu Measure 2000 I appear to be down about 2% on the BF. I’m hoping to hit that point pretty soon where some guys start gaining about a pound a day. I wouldn’t mind ‘looking’ the same fat wise if I were 10lbs heavier. Start of the 3rd week tomorrow! This should be where the fun REALLY begins!

Smallone

Awards
Mon 3/6

OK. I saw her face. Now I’m a believer. This is the start of my 3rd week so I weighed myself again today. Same scale. I weighed in at 209! That’s 9lbs up from where I started. The AccuMeasure 2000 shows I should be down about 1-2% BF. It’ll be hard to know until the real caliper reading is taken again but I’m feeling alright!

Another good day at the gym. All leg lifts were up 20, 30 or more pounds. I damn near passed out a couple of times. I have to remember to BREATHE during squats. Have I mentioned how much I hate legs?

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
remember, heavy leg workouts build the entire body to a certain extent, after u start seeing results in your legs u will come to love the pain, good log, keep training like there is no tomorrow....

Smallone

Awards
remember, heavy leg workouts build the entire body to a certain extent, after u start seeing results in your legs u will come to love the pain, good log, keep training like there is no tomorrow....
You're right. I know I've read a hundred times that legs are a good building block for the rest of the body and it's been my experience that as my legs grow so does my upper body but DAMN it wears my ass out! I just get puking tired after a good leg workout. Thanks for posting and reading. It's nice to see another 30-something guy participating. Are you/Have you run any cycles or stacks?

Smallone

Awards
Tue 3/7

I’m still having some occasional ‘heaviness’ in my chest from time to time. I had it again today so I decided to check the BP. Both readings came up 122/79 with a heart rate of 59. Nothing too awful bad but I’m keeping an eye on it. I had a great workout today. I took Dips advice and did the ‘pre exhaustion’ exercises for the pecs and MAN did my boobies hurt! I really fatigued them today and while my weights were way down it sure was a great pump! I felt H-U-G-E when I finished and it didn’t wear out my delts and tris before hitting the pecs. I’ll be right back…………I can’t hardly stand myself. My flatulence is enough to make my eyes water and I had to leave the room. I think it’s the Muscle Milk but I’m not quite sure. Anywhat, it was a great workout. I’m trying to get all I can from this cycle in the next two weeks. I did cardio after work and when I came home to take a shower I could really start to tell that things were blowing up. I’d be happy to stay at 209 if I could lose another 2-3%BF but I don’t think that’ll happen in two weeks. I have an off day tomorrow which is kind of a bummer ‘cause I’m feeling SO good right now but I know resting is the right thing to do and I’ll still do cardio. I’d have to say I’m pretty sold on this cycle and it looks like I’ll be stocking up on this stuff for some future work.

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
great job dude. Keep at it bro. keep at it

Smallone

Awards
Thanks Dips. Hey....do you think I'd be hurting anything if I added some Lean Xtreme to my PCT? I'd like to use it to drop some punds when PCT starts but I don't want to take the chance of losing a bunch of muscle instead.

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Dips. Hey....do you think I'd be hurting anything if I added some Lean Xtreme to my PCT? I'd like to use it to drop some punds when PCT starts but I don't want to take the chance of losing a bunch of muscle instead.
Yeah actually that would be a good idea, as it will help keeping the cortisol levels in check, when the cycle ends. Go right ahead dude.

Smallone

Awards
Thur 3/9

All lifts are still going up. I wasn’t up much on my barbell rows but my chin ups went MUCH better today than they have been in the past. I did some cardio tonight after work and when I got home decided it was time for a shower. Wife works late tonight so I had a chance to kinda pose in the mirror and I have to say that things are definitely changing. I’m way more full than I was 2 weeks ago and the strength increases speak for themselves. I’m more impressed with how much thicker I look. Chest, Bis, lats, legs, they are all coming along much better than I expected. I don’t have any massive ‘pumps’ yet during workouts but I can certainly see a diff after I’ve worked out. I’m rarely sore for any length of time even though I really bust my a$$ in the gym. I’m only tender in my right lat and that’s from swinging a bat the last week or so. Outside of that things are still copasetic! What a great word. More tomorrow.

Smallone

Awards
Fri 3/10

Shoulder lifts are all up again this week. Strength is still coming. Not near as fast as the first couple of weeks but that was to be expected for me. I have to keep reminding myself that I started from nothing so the gains would be fast in the beginning. They’re starting to taper off a little bit more now and are showing a more typical gain based on other people’s logs. Had a good pump today on the shoulders portion and it felt oh so good! I still have occasional ‘tightness’ in my chest but the BP is OK so I’m still not stressing too bad about it. Sometimes it’s spread all over the chest like an asthma type thing for lack of a better word. Feels like I can’t take an entire deep breath at times. I’ve never experienced that type of tightness during cardio, only during times of rest or while in bed. The other type of ‘tightness’ is more of a sore location spot. The kind you feel the day after a good chest pump. It’s usually located about 2 inches above my right nipple and 1 inch towards the sternum. Anyway, I still don’t think it’s much to worry about but I’m logging it for future reference to myself and others.

Smallone

Awards
Sat 3/11

Getting ready for arms day. Looked at myself in the mirror this morning and I think I’m getting some bloating. I’ve been doing cardio the last week but maybe this stuff is just now starting to really get into me and causing the bloat. I thought I was making progress on the BF side but I’m not so sure after this morning. I look every bit as fat as when I started even with the 3 days of 45 min cardio this week. I’m not gonna panic just yet. I wanted to bulk so that’s what I’m doing. I think I’ll focus more on the cutting side during and after PCT. I’m weighing in again on Mon but my guess is that I’ll still be about 209 or so. 9lbs is a lot in 2 weeks unless it’s been really dirty but I’ve been SOOO good about my diet.

Did supersets for arms today and had a GREAT pump finally. Arms looked HUGE and felt like they would explode! Unfortunately, it all seems to go away after a few hours but MAN what a feeling! Weights weren’t up on everything but reps were. Dips were up and I’m finally to a point where I’ll have to add weight to keep me down in the 6-10 range. Off day tomorrow and then I start my last week.

Smallone

Awards
Mon 3/13

Legs today and weights were up all around. +20 Squat, +20 Deads, +50 Leg Press. Feelin’ GOOD! Just kept throwing on the weight and the body was able to handle it. Just about couldn’t finish the routine because of the back pump even though I’m doing Taurine before and after every workout. I’m still feeling the back pump 5 hours later. My muscles feel tight and hard all over. My bis have a nice ball effect starting to happen. Diplomats talked about finding it hard to type because of the forearm tightness and I’m starting to feel the same type things. GREAT stuff! Took 3 weeks to get here but DAMN! I’m bigger all over. All muscle groups are getting larger. I’m SO glad I didn’t cheat my diet. Guys at work are finally starting to ask me if I have a bunch of needle marks in my ass. I never…..I mean NEVER expected these kind of results. VERY pleased so far and 1 week to go!

200 – Starting weight
209 – Weight after 2 weeks
212 – Weight after 3 weeks (today)**

** My waist appears to be up .5 to 1 inch according the tape measure but all of my pants are fitting about the same as they always did.

xaneimas

xaneimas

Awards
Awesome log man. Ive been reading your as well as dips in addition to all the others on PP/finigenx. Im looking to start my first cycle soon but i dont know whether to use finigenx or prostanozol...finigen seems to be pretty darn good though.

I dont wanna hijack your thread but i made a post not to long ago about my proposed cycle and no one replied which got me kinda down. I was hoping dips may give me some advice on dosages. im 5'10.5" 185, 10.5%bf . Maybe i should just follow one like yours smallone.

Keep up the great long and stay focused...9lbs!! thats awesome. I wanna see more from you!

xaneimas

xaneimas

Awards
Two more questions 1) how long are you using PP for 4 weeks or 5? Finigen? 2) How long are you running PST for?

Smallone

Awards
Awesome log man. Ive been reading your as well as dips in addition to all the others on PP/finigenx. Im looking to start my first cycle soon but i dont know whether to use finigenx or prostanozol...finigen seems to be pretty darn good though.
I've never used the Prostanozol but I'm here to tell you the Fini is awesome stuff.

I dont wanna hijack your thread but i made a post not to long ago about my proposed cycle and no one replied which got me kinda down. I was hoping dips may give me some advice on dosages. im 5'10.5" 185, 10.5%bf . Maybe i should just follow one like yours smallone.
Don't worry about hijacking my thread dude! Very few people are replying and I'm not seeing a whole lot of views on it so it's not like you're taking away from anything here. Pretty much just me babbling away day after day to myself! LOL! I'm more than happy to help in any way I can for ya. I'm no pro at this stuff so the other vets will have to help you with the 'in depth' stuff. My suggestion, now that I'm into my fourth week, is I wouldn't have changed anything in my dosages. I would stick with 10,20,20,20 on the PP and 6,12,12,12 on the Fini. The only thing I may have changed, and might for my next cycle of this stack, will be to do 12,12,12,12 on the Fini. Based on my experience and what others have written I would not do 30 on the PP at any time. I can see why they decided to move to it.....but I would just be patient and stay with the 20 dose. It takes a good 3 weeks or so to REALLY start to feel the effects of this stack. I wanted to go to 30 on the PP and 18 on the Fini about 2.5 weeks into it 'cause I didn't think I was seeing the results I should have but I'm glad I didn't. Just at the very end of the 3 weeks I started to BLOW UP. Dips was right on that. I had another guy at work today ask me if I was sticking needles in my ass. He said he just started to really notice a diff in the last few days (about the end of my 3rd week.....go figure). I highly recommend you go with the dosages I suggested and don't change anything. Be patient with this stuff....it will work. When it's all done and over with you can then re-evaluate and make changes for your next cycle but until then your liver and blood pressure will appreciate you all the more for taking things one step at a time. Don't be afraid to ask Dips questions. He's a great guy and a wealth of help. I haven't seen him a whole lot on the site lately so he may be on vaca or something so be patient when waiting for answers from him.

Keep up the great long and stay focused...9lbs!! thats awesome. I wanna see more from you!
9lbs was just the first 2 weeks. I've put on another 3 in the third week! I'm up a total of 12 since I started and probably would be up more had I not started doing cardio to help with the bloating and to keep the gains as clean as possible. I've read that some guys put on about 1lb a day in the last week so I'm anxious to see what I end up at. I'd be happy to end the 4 weeks at 15-18 pounds up before PCT. Keep watching! It's just starting to get good!

Smallone

Awards
Two more questions 1) how long are you using PP for 4 weeks or 5? Finigen? 2) How long are you running PST for?
MAN i'm tempted to extend the PP and Fini another week 'cause I'm just starting to hit my stride with the gains but I think I'm done at the end of this week (4th week). I've read that the effects start to plateau with this stuff after about 4 weeks so I think I'll call it good after Sunday. I need to remember that this stuff is toxic so it's not the best idea to run it for really long periods of time. I've also been borderline with my blood pressure levels and I'd like to get them back down again.

PST or PCT? I'm guessing you meant PCT? I'll run my PCT for 4 weeks. It's best to run PCT for the same amount of time that you ran your cycle for. So, time on equals time off.

As for PST, I have a Worth PST that I'll be swinging all season since it's just now getting broken in and it's hot as hell! My other gamer will be my Freak98. Can't wait for softball season to start!!!! :woohoo: